Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Arc Hammer posted:

So we're up to three different versions now?

Man the special features on the blu-ray better be amazing

some art of Miles' "Dow bad for Gwen" phase of his sketchbook

https://twitter.com/comfortsgwen/status/1689039997125455875

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/Marmxcca13/status/1688988095092264960?t=OgsBE5y1Kf_JSbTqKTm9yA&s=19

EDIT forgot to spoiler.
I think having him explicitly think that out loud for the audience was a bit unnecessary and goofy but I'm surprised that they would bother changing it

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

mystes posted:

I'm not sure he really was seriously supposed to be? In the scene where gwen is talking about the stuff she's doing with spider society and Miles sounds kind of jealous I guess there was like one line where she mentioned she left her jacket at his place or something where Miles might have been been thinking they were an item but it's almost irrelevant

to me during that scene he sounded much more like he was jealous of gwen for getting to be involved in spider society than jealous of hobie and the others for spending time with gwen

Honestly if anything the biggest "evidence" comes from Pavitr, who was teasing them the whole scene even before Hobie came up.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Miles was absolutely jealous and thought Gwen and him might have been an item.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gaius Marius posted:

Miles was absolutely jealous and thought Gwen and him might have been an item.

yeah i'm seriously confused why this could possibly in question

from Miles' perspective it is a romantic rivalry for awhile

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Didn't he ask if he should be worried about Hobie? I thought he did, but I only got to see it once in theaters.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I remember it coming off that way but it doesn’t last too long and Hobie is all in on Miles the whole time. It’s great.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This video was a pretty good breakdown on the cool stuff they pull with Hobie.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It turned out super cute with Miles admiring Hobie just as much as Gwen. And Hobie turning out to be a darling.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/Marmxcca13/status/1688988095092264960?t=OgsBE5y1Kf_JSbTqKTm9yA&s=19

EDIT forgot to spoiler.

Nah that change was definitely in the Selfie version as far as I have heard

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Some kind of expose has to come out on this. Knowing what we know now about the production of this film I’m starting to think the “alternate versions” are more about development issues getting worked out live rather than a fun Easter egg and the fact that it makes some scenes feel less “complete” only reinforces that. Lyla’s selfie is a great gag, why would you want a version of the movie that doesn’t have it?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Miles eats a Jamaican beef patty during the fight with Spot. Miguel loves the empanadas from the cafeteria, which Hobie swipes as he leaves. Hostess is never mentioned directly, but Spider-Man's love of hand pies is seemingly part of the canon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DeafNote posted:

Nah that change was definitely in the Selfie version as far as I have heard

Did the selfie edition also take out the lines right after Miles says "Nah imma do my own thing" like that other video going around?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Arc Hammer posted:

Did the selfie edition also take out the lines right after Miles says "Nah imma do my own thing" like that other video going around?

People never seemed to be decided on that
Its definitely gone now, and I am mixed about that.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

fosborb posted:

yeah i'm seriously confused why this could possibly in question

from Miles' perspective it is a romantic rivalry for awhile

Yeah in addition to the above mentioned stuff Gwen at one point says Hobie "let's her crash sometimes" and Miles says something akin to "you're spending the night there!?"

Invalid Validation posted:

I remember it coming off that way but it doesn’t last too long and Hobie is all in on Miles the whole time. It’s great.

Yeah it's mainly before they meet, then a bit afterwards where Hobie is being effortlessly cool while Miles is making jealous little comments. Miles seemingly disobeying orders to save Inspector Singh wins over Hobie big time and from then on Miles is mainly focused on all the Spider-Society stuff but trusts Hobie's advice about using his palms to break out of force fields.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Lego Spider-Man is completely different in the digital version vs the movie too.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Wild. That can't all be deliberate, right? There was that story posted a while back about Lord loving by production by constantly tinkering with the film. Is he still doing it post-release?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Lego Spider-Man is completely different in the digital version vs the movie too.

Wha? In what way?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not likely since Lord and Miller are part of the writer strike. Aren't the people that compile the home releases generally unrelated to the movie production? I remember that being the reason behind the Community Season 1 dvds getting the wrong versions of the epsiodes.

Macaluso posted:

Wha? In what way?

It's fake, people are making meme about the differences and sites are picking it up as real changes.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 10, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That's... weird. It's funnier with his mask on.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thats... not in the digital version I saw.

Wasnt the lego bit animated by a fan anyway?

edit: A 14 year old that. Seems rude to change it, if thats not a fake.

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 10, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DeafNote posted:

Thats... not in the digital version I saw.

Oh no :lol:

mystes
May 31, 2006

what

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What in the world

mystes
May 31, 2006

I just checked a digital version somewhere and it had the theater version of that scene, plus the face shown in that image doesn't match the face of the lego spiderman character shown before he puts on the spiderman costume, but I guess the entire lego spiderman scene could be completely different in some version?

It seems like either that image must be fake or they're randomly changing scenes in different versions just to be weird?

I'm leaning towards "fake" unless there's another source for that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well for starters that's the Lego Tony Stark head and not the Lego Peter Parker head.

It's fake.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

Well for starters that's the Lego Tony Stark head and not the Lego Peter Parker head.

It's fake.
Is it the lego tony stark head? I googled that and it looks similar but goatee looks different from what came up. Maybe it's a different version or something though

maybe it's just an image from someone reenacting that scene or something?

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 10, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Having just seen this, does anyone want to list out all the random spider people talking to Miles throughout the headquarters scenes? I recognized about 2 total

Also how did Jessica Drew get her powers ,is she a variant clone of Peter like scarlet spider/Ben Reilly? I kept worrying about her fetus a lot more than I did about mayday

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Her dad is pals with The High Evolutionary and as a child she was dying due to radiation sickness so her dad injected her with radioactive spider blood.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Her dad is pals with The High Evolutionary and as a child she was dying due to radiation sickness so her dad injected her with radioactive spider blood.

Sweet. I was discussing with my spouse how maybe canon events are only per universe , not per Spidey, and how maybe Miles doesn't need to suffer as much since his Peter already did. But had no idea how she fit in (and it doesn't explain Miguel's adopted world)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The answer is canon can be broken and that's okay. Also Miguel is projecting hard and the more you look at the members of the spider society the more you see cracks in his understanding of how the multiverse works. Miguel certainly sees what canon does and he knows more about it than anyone else but he's so dead set on his interpretation being the correct and only view.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Oh sure, we were just enjoying discussing all the ways he could be wrong and Jessica Drew was kind of an odd supporting character for him.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How many radioactive spiders do you have to kill to get like an entire injection?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

How many radioactive spiders do you have to kill to get like an entire injection?

have you seen what we do to horseshoe crabs?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

fosborb posted:

have you seen what we do to horseshoe crabs?

we ... we pet them and give them comfortable aquariums, right? :ohdear:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

trevorreznik posted:

Oh sure, we were just enjoying discussing all the ways he could be wrong and Jessica Drew was kind of an odd supporting character for him.

Replace odd with ironic. By the end of the movie even she seemed to be having doubts about Miguel's methods. She's got more in common with the spidey outcasts than she does with the collective.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nikumatic posted:

we ... we pet them and give them comfortable aquariums, right? :ohdear:

Of course!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbJuaKFtLSM

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I mean is it tough? Yeah, but listen bud, now he's got radioactive spider blood.

Though much like Wolverine, her initial backstory was animal turned into a human by THE, but they changed it pretty fast to her current one and made her memories of being a spider something Hydra implanted in her brain for fun

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 11, 2023

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

And it seems like they’re doing a new character in the comics who might actually be a spider turned into a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Spiders-Man is a pile of spiders who collectively think they are Peter Parker.

I love spiders man.