Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
bg3 camera is way shittier than i remember dos2's being. the acceleration/deceleration when panning is wack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
some of the audio also is hosed. doesn't look like there's a way to disable their audio occlusion but im guessing that's probably to blame. sounds like it wasn't an issue in EA

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Perfectly captures D&D (derogatory)

what's funny is that d&d's only saving grace is that the combat is deadly as gently caress, and thus exciting...
but you can also break the d&d ruleset completely with even fairly shallow knowledge so especially in the vidya games the big bads have to have hundreds of hit points to not be a minor speedbump at best lmao

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Cuttlefush posted:

bg3 camera is way shittier than i remember dos2's being. the acceleration/deceleration when panning is wack

Oh it fucks up so bad when you go near elevated places too. Can't remember if it was like that in DOS2, but ugh I hate it when I'm trying to aim at poo poo above me and the camera starts shifting around.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

evilmiera posted:

As for the harpers, as mentioned they're mostly a faction to insert wherever the plot needs an organization to lean on for help. They aren't a proper likeness to regular groups in our world unless we're talking anarchists of a very niche brand, since most of those didn't have close ties to a government figure and still act the way they do.

the real life equivalent to the harpers is the cia and the school of the americas

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Arivia posted:

the real life equivalent to the harpers is the cia and the school of the americas

The real life equivalent would probably be a mix of the surviving anarchists before the Soviet revolution, a bunch of history nerds and a CIA cell that went rogue like in Alpha Protocol.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

evilmiera posted:

The real life equivalent would probably be a mix of the surviving anarchists before the Soviet revolution, a bunch of history nerds and a CIA cell that went rogue like in Alpha Protocol.

the cell that goes rogue is the moonstars

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Truga posted:

what's funny is that d&d's only saving grace is that the combat is deadly as gently caress, and thus exciting...
but you can also break the d&d ruleset completely with even fairly shallow knowledge so especially in the vidya games the big bads have to have hundreds of hit points to not be a minor speedbump at best lmao

even by rpg standards doo & doo combat is not in any way "deadly as gently caress" lmao

HerraS has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Aug 11, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1689883441129496576?t=xJO4OGzu5cnxZ--XXeqF9g&s=19

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

when it fires do the old unreal games go back on sale

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Downloaded a mobile game called Super Snail. It is an idler made by the mobile game Gumballs and Dungeons developers.

There is a lot of stuff to do in this game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Arivia posted:

when it fires do the old unreal games go back on sale

No. I'm guessing those are gone for good.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

gently caress epic

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

epic aggressively trying to erase where the name "unreal" in "unreal engine" came from just as id software is waving their arms around going "HEY REMEMBER QUAKE AND QUAKE 2???" (and having nightdive do 80% of the work) is a really good bit, i got to admit

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wyll being poo poo at jumping is a nice bit.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

lol amazing

unreal 1 was very bad but Tournament was pretty fun. got those voice clips burned into my brain

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1689966272505634816

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

HerraS posted:

even by rpg standards doo & doo combat is not in any way "deadly as gently caress" lmao

I mean only now, but up to 3.5 every single Level 1 Wizard or Rogue was just one arrow away from death

also BG1 and 2 (and the Pathfinder games) had gently caress you fights you could stumble into

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

hungwy for second breakfast

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

lol amazing

unreal 1 was very bad but Tournament was pretty fun. got those voice clips burned into my brain

A lot of people thought it meant 1st person mode and an unreal type mode was coming to fortnite when epic removed unreal. Unfortunately that hasn't materialized. Feels like a missed opportunity.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Cuttlefush posted:

I love it when I click to move and the camera just jerks around at the last second, making me move to another place

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i just wanna play armored core 6 so bad.
playing the older games only made it worse
trying to play elden ring to get the from flavour but i cant leap around firing missiles at a thousand miles an hour
bg3 doesnt even have warforged so i can't even make a dual handcrossbow magic missile build

*and* i'm gonna miss the launch cause im gonna be on stupid holiday in stupid beautiful greece with my stupid beloved family. FML!!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

HerraS posted:

Try Deadlands! Now thats a ttrpg you can get killed in!

(Yes, I know you can die during character creation in Traveler, I just like Deadlands).

Also:

https://twitter.com/ExileGrimm/status/1689820619133616128?s=20

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Communist Thoughts posted:

i just wanna play armored core 6 so bad.
playing the older games only made it worse
trying to play elden ring to get the from flavour but i cant leap around firing missiles at a thousand miles an hour
bg3 doesnt even have warforged so i can't even make a dual handcrossbow magic missile build

*and* i'm gonna miss the launch cause im gonna be on stupid holiday in stupid beautiful greece with my stupid beloved family. FML!!

owned once again by the glorious and immortal science (video games)

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

(and can't post for 71 days!)

this guy married a goblin but hes still too good to convert to the cult of molag bal smdh

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

wanna know that goblin's stylist

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

Buck Wildman posted:

wanna know that goblin's stylist

colovians :whitewater:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

problematic

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

HerraS posted:

either you play with a DM that just lets you off easy or something because level appropriate encounters will splatter half your group in 1-2 rounds if you do a mild error lol

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

mf named balqi

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

what is the most fun class in bg3 or is it best to just be a rogue so you don't have to have the rogue companion in your party

bard seems to do the rogue stuff fairly well, I haven’t had any need for astarion since college of lore and the power gloves you get like right in the beginning make it easy enough to disarm traps and pick locks

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts posted:

warforged is the best d&d race and it's only playable in like one game lmao

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Anyone can do rogue stuff if they have dexterity, so even a melee fighter.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

studs n chuds posted:

mf named balqi

Cousin Dovah!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so Sena's fully in love with Mio right

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

Anyone can do rogue stuff if they have dexterity, so even a melee fighter.

i'm not very versed in 5e but i don't think you need dexterity either, just proficiency with thieves tools

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I mean high dexterity helps.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

studs n chuds posted:

this guy married a goblin but hes still too good to convert to the cult of molag bal smdh

Whoah is that CK3 set in Tamriel?!

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

gradenko_2000 posted:

Whoah is that CK3 set in Tamriel?!

elder kings 2, a tc mod for ck3 yeah. it whips rear end. my run right now is a daedric pirate. im in the process of conquering yokuda using infinite money from raiding the summerset isles. next i think i'll do revanchist ayleids reconquering cyrodiil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

you gotta use v1.8.2 of CK3 rn so its missing some new features but if you can look past that its a great time. i have a pet parrot named coco who loves fresh fruit and we're good friends even tho coco is always trying to peck out the eyes of guests to my court