Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He did, most likely a one-off random-looking manually-paid amount to make it look it like there's gold in them thar tweets posts.

Which anyone can tell you is classic scam bait.

No, nothing about it was random and he never put serious effort into making it look like it was. He paid a handful of far-right guys and that's it. And catturd2 is extremely pissed he didn't get picked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

...! posted:

No, nothing about it was random and he never put serious effort into making it look like it was. He paid a handful of far-right guys and that's it. And catturd2 is extremely pissed he didn't get picked

also the Krassensteins for "fair and balanced"

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

ShadowHawk posted:

Tesla doesn't even reset the cars they sell certified pre-owned. Mine came with the previous owners address and garage door opener on the home screen, along with his kids names in the cell phone memory. It wasn't even charged.

Tesla did go to the trouble of removing the legally required front license plate frame, though.

Did they at least scrape their charred remains out of it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

...! posted:

Yeah, that was my point; He probably paid some of them an amount that Elon thought would look like accredited earning from Engagement on the site (rather than him typing random numbers into a text field like it actually was) to make every other far-right bluetick mark (though, let's be honest, I repeat myself) think they could get rich too by investing in his get-rich-quick scheme for just $8 USD a month. They'll get rich any month now, promise! Just gotta Keep Posting More and get more engagement for Elon's website!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

vaginite posted:

Did they at least scrape their charred remains out of it?

Scraping is against the law!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"Yes, hi. I have a question about how the 'shaman' should be hanged on Times Square next to Trump and you two be shot as collabora... hello? hello?"

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
The next payout for twitter blue far right shitheads will be leftovers from the auction hopefully.

Thank you for your contribution @nwordfacts, come pick up you lightly used bidet at HQ.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

redshirt posted:

Scraping is against the law!

Sorry sir these charred corpses are required by CA law to be included with your purchase. But I can throw in a True Coat for only $500 for the hassle.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

This Twitter owner is so handsome! OMG!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Parkingtigers posted:

Uh, not to get this into big derail (because you know what we're like) but that's pretty much the opposite of what happened. To be clear, they were both awful, but they disagreed on the details of how to be awful so much that America aligned with China, it being seen as the smaller red menace, against the Soviets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_split
It's probably in the link but since you didn't mention it:

USSR/China even had a war between them. Musk is an idiot.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ShadowHawk posted:

Tesla doesn't even reset the cars they sell certified pre-owned. Mine came with the previous owners address and garage door opener on the home screen, along with his kids names in the cell phone memory. It wasn't even charged.

Tesla did go to the trouble of removing the legally required front license plate frame, though.

Nice av

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

Did you send him a letter telling him to complain

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

...! posted:

You didn't just buy a Tesla... you bought a used Tesla? Just want to make sure I'm understanding this properly.
Eh, I bought it to replace a beater just around when the Model 3 and Leaf were coming out, and the only used EV's on the market were old Model S's.

No way I'd buy one now, but 8 year old Teslas had stuff like steering wheels and stocks and the sort of things you'd expect from a car

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

DeeplyConcerned posted:

naturally, I'm curious. What color is it? Do you ever use auto pilot? Have you ever run over a small child in the Tesla has the tesla ever caught on fire has the tesla ever run into an emergency vehicle does the Tesla talk to you? Do you talk to it? Can you connect your phone to the Tesla? Does the Tesla have a seat warmer? Can you escape out of the back if it catches on fire? can you put gas in a Tesla?
I never used autopilot, nothing about anything of it would make me trust it

Unlike my old civic it does have bluetooth and that seems to play through the speakers though it has a strange behavior of autoplaying whatever random thing was on my phone when I get into the car, even if it was some youtube video I paused hours ago

It does have seat warmers and I never had that on a car so I don't really know if I'm getting quality butt-warming or run-of-the-mill butt-warming

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Dabir posted:

Did you send him a letter telling him to complain
No I silently deleted it cause approaching some random stranger I have no connection to and saying "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE" felt kinda weird?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

ShadowHawk posted:

No I silently deleted it cause approaching some random stranger I have no connection to and saying "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE" felt kinda weird?

Just ring his kids and tell them

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There's been multiple studies about this. People, by and large, are just straight up incapable of seeing their luck as luck and see it in born skill. Musk just believes he's rich through his own talents and owes it to the human race to have many kids.

One experiment by psychologists at the University of California, Irvine, invited pairs of strangers to play a rigged Monopoly game where a coin flip designated one player rich and one poor. The rich players received twice as much money as their opponent to begin with; as they played the game, they got to roll two dice instead of one and move around the board twice as fast as their opponent; when they passed “Go,” they collected $200 to their opponent’s $100.

David Brancaccio: So here are these players, one of them doing well because of a flip of a coin, the other one not doing well. And what happens to the players doing better? It kind of goes to their head?

Paul Piff: Yeah. I think what was notable was that, within just a couple of minutes, dynamics start to crystallize. The rich players start to take up more space at the table, so they actually take on a more physically dominant posture. They start making more noise. They start banging the table louder with their pieces as they move around. And over the course of the 15 minutes, one of the things that we noticed is that they actually became ruder in their behavior.

So one possibility is that rich players are kind of embarrassed by the situation, doing what they can to help out this other person who undeservedly is a poor player — and that’s actually the opposite of what we found. The rich player became ruder; became less sensitive to the plight of the other player. They started eating more pretzels and did so in ruder fashion; we had a bowl of pretzels positioned on the table as another way of watching dominance in our rich players. They start showcasing their property, their wealth, sort of exhibiting how well they’re doing.

So across all these different indexes we found that rich players, despite winning the game through really very little effort — because of the coin flip that went their way — they still acted as if they deserved to win and that the poor player deserved to lose.

Brancaccio: They think it’s their own awesomeness. You gotta love human beings, don’t you? We’re just such great people.

Piff: And I think that’s the kicker. At the end of the study, we ask rich players why they inevitably won, and they don’t talk about the flip of the coin. They talk about the things that they did. They talk about their acumen, they talk about their competencies, they talk about this decision or that decision or that thing that they did.

And I think that this is a basic human bias that’s true of all of us: When something good happens to you, we — I think because of the cognitive machinery that we’re equipped with — think about the things that we did that contributed to that success. And we see that in people who win in all walks of life. When you’re winning, you think about the things that you did to help you win. The problem is, that bias writ large, at least in the domain of inequality, it can get people who are winning at the game of life — who have more money, who have more privilege, who have more power — to think about their resources as things that they deserve, to be less likely to think that inequality is a problem because after all, they deserve what they have, and as a result, to be less willing to do things about it, to be less willing to contribute to people who have less, to be less willing to behave in ways that are compassionate, that help the needs of those who have less than they do.

Qouting this for future reference.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm late to Grimes chat, but I had never heard any of her songs and I looked up the one with the biggest numbers and it was poo poo. You can barely make out the words, no strong melody, and halfway through it ran out of lyrics and just repeated a line to the end. But most of all she sounded vocally like she was copying the 1980s one hit wonder Japanese Boy by Aneka.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

It is weird, but having his address handed out like that is also weird. Better that he knows it happened, right?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

lol that address thing is an actual crime in Europe

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SRQ posted:

lol that address thing is an actual crime in Europe

You won't care.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm late to Grimes chat, but I had never heard any of her songs and I looked up the one with the biggest numbers and it was poo poo. You can barely make out the words, no strong melody, and halfway through it ran out of lyrics and just repeated a line to the end. But most of all she sounded vocally like she was copying the 1980s one hit wonder Japanese Boy by Aneka.

That's Grimes. Now you know why Elon likes her.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

ShadowHawk posted:

I never used autopilot, nothing about anything of it would make me trust it

Unlike my old civic it does have bluetooth and that seems to play through the speakers though it has a strange behavior of autoplaying whatever random thing was on my phone when I get into the car, even if it was some youtube video I paused hours ago

It does have seat warmers and I never had that on a car so I don't really know if I'm getting quality butt-warming or run-of-the-mill butt-warming

Interesting. Thank you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he's selling up the offices to relocate to Saudi.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
So if the creator ads revenue share participants are actually hand picked by Elon, could X be found to have committed fraud?

The site makes it seem like eligibility is just a numbers game:

quote:

To be considered eligible for creator ads revenue sharing you must:

1. Be subscribed to X Premium or Verified Organizations.
2. Have at least 15M organic impressions on your cumulative posts within the last 3 months.
3. Have at least 500 followers

Obviously making a Twitter Blue X Premium account necessary will mean this skews heavily rightwing, but could they actually deny catturd and other subscribing chuds with followers without it being fraudulent?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

work
for
mom/musk?

Work From Mars

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Halisnacks posted:

So if the creator ads revenue share participants are actually hand picked by Elon, could X be found to have committed fraud?

The site makes it seem like eligibility is just a numbers game:

Obviously making a Twitter Blue X Premium account necessary will mean this skews heavily rightwing, but could they actually deny catturd and other subscribing chuds with followers without it being fraudulent?

It only says you're eligible. Final payments are at Elon's discretion.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm trying to figure out if it's more of a ponzi scheme or pyramid

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Machai posted:

Work From Mars

Woke Family Matters

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Neeksy posted:

It's a gofundme disguised as a pyramid scheme disguised as a side hustle seo grind disguised as social media

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1689963696703848449?t=s4l6Ixr3oCYfY5h3TXb7iQ&s=19

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*shakes world by throat* STOP BEING SO STUPID

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Neeksy posted:

I don’t think it’s either. I think the closest analogy is a lottery ticket: buy this and you could in theory receive more than you spent, but in practice you will get nothing or much less than you spent cumulatively over time.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Will these dipshits literally book the colloseum?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

So I take it the MRI went well.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Every single reply to this makes me will this planet into the sun.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Halisnacks posted:

I don’t think it’s either. I think the closest analogy is a lottery ticket: buy this and you could in theory receive more than you spent, but in practice you will get nothing or much less than you spent cumulatively over time.
this grift is more involved than that
it requires people not only paying in, but spending their time and energy posting trying to get engagement in order to vie for a better payout, becoming the audience for and promoter of the same ads for weed gummies and/or substitutes for vaccinations

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Nick Pickles

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm I wonder why PM of Italy :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/BleepinComputer/status/1688205332667846656?t=NR4nsAmXAMxBRHnchnBw9A&s=19