Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1689974029887680512?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Does.

Does Boyd remember he lost that game?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

Does.

Does Boyd remember he lost that game?

Neither side seems to completely understand what’s going on here really

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Saying you would have had a good game if not for injury isn’t that crazy, not sure why OBJ is getting hate for it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If I was in the Super Bowl I would've scored five touchdowns and also not got injured.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BrownThunder posted:

Saying you would have had a good game if not for injury isn’t that crazy, not sure why OBJ is getting hate for it

Because it’s still the off-season

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Are we really that confused by two competitive professional athletes talking poo poo and being emotional?? It's been the same poo poo since grade school, we just have twitter now.

They aren't acting logically and correctly identifying the winner of that contest bleep bloop

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's kinda cringe to win the championship, even if OBJ's contribution was cut short he still had an effect on the game, then whine and bitch about how actually he could have done so much more.

Whether or not it's true....you won the big one. There is no accomplishment higher. Shut up?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not confused I’m laughing at how dumb it is. Can you point me at someone who is confused

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shinjobi posted:

It's kinda cringe to win the championship, even if OBJ's contribution was cut short he still had an effect on the game, then whine and bitch about how actually he could have done so much more.

Whether or not it's true....you won the big one. There is no accomplishment higher. Shut up?

It's absolutely not whiney to have wanted a bigger smackdown.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
It’s funny because he claims he would’ve had the most catches ever in a super bowl and beat Rice’s super bowl yardage record by 40 yards, if only he hadn’t been injured (and his injury was transferred to kupp)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shinjobi posted:

He should shut up and dribble. Er, catch, I guess

Seriously who gives a poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Freaquency posted:

He should shut up and dribble. Er, catch, I guess

Seriously who gives a poo poo

That's not what I'm saying, but it's not like this conversation is gonna go anywhere good so I'll drop it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Shinjobi posted:

It's kinda cringe to win the championship

Based.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess it's just weird to me since it's not like OBJ didn't contribute to the win. If he had been injured before the game I don't think the Rams win it. I get the sentiment of wishing you'd done more but I just don't know what else there is beyond winning the gaddang super bowl.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

That's not what I'm saying, but it's not like this conversation is gonna go anywhere good so I'll drop it.

That was probably a too-extreme reaction on my part tbh. It just felt really close to the decorum posts that the wraparounds-in-a-truck crowd make anytime an athlete dares to do anything more than say “we played a good game” and shake the ref’s hand on the way out. The game is more fun when players talk poo poo and OBJ has always been a bit of a headcase so it seems like a non-issue imo

Shinjobi posted:

It's kinda cringe to win the championship

This is why the Cowboys haven’t won one since 95 then?

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Real talk, it is probably depressing to have your team win the Super Bowl and you didn't get to partake much in it. Would haunt you for a long time.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Why is an Odell quote from an interview and not an unsolicited tweet weird? He was probably asked something directly like how he was feeling in/during the SB when he went down in which case, "I was feeling great and would have destroyed them even more" is a perfectly good response.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Because it's crazy and laughable to say he would've had the most receiving yards in history in the Super Bowl and is rightly being made fun of for saying it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Especially with Cooper Kupp right there.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Honestly the worst part of ESPN dying is that it’s not taking all other sports media with it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

three posted:

Real talk, it is probably depressing to have your team win the Super Bowl and you didn't get to partake much in it. Would haunt you for a long time.

I mean it was a 3 point game and he caught a touchdown. The injury sucked and he could have had an even bigger game I guess but hopefully he feels ok with the knowledge that his brief contribution was absolutely crucial to their win.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

So go on YouTube. NFL doesn't allow embeds.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not confused I’m laughing at how dumb it is. Can you point me at someone who is confused

No but you can read the last few pages of ??? discourse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Last season the Chiefs played the Raiders and scored four touchdowns in the second quarter. If Mahomes had gotten injured right before the half I promise you fans would be saying he was going to break the single game touchdown record. But he didn't get injured, and didn't score again in the game.

Extrapolating stats out for a game is pure fantasy by fanboys and OBJ sounds like a fanboy that's why he's getting roasted

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

kiimo posted:

Extrapolating stats out for a game is pure fantasy by fanboys and OBJ sounds like a fanboy that's why he's getting roasted

Except the attempted roast was by a habitual whiner on the whiniest team

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wide receivers are prone to hubris

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

woulda coulda shoulda

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Shinjobi posted:

This all makes a lot more sense if you think of it as OBJ talking about the MVP (which he did not win) instead of the championship (which he did win).

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Mega64 posted:

If I was in the Super Bowl I would've scored five touchdowns and also not got injured.

69 carries @ 420 yards

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcZfHTqmns

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
After last night's performance, is it too early to label CJ Stroud a bust?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Incitatus posted:

69 carries @ 420 yards

1 strip sack TD (as a WR) plus a celebration penalty due to insane dance moves for good measure

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

After last night's performance, is it too early to label CJ Stroud a bust?

He didn't have much of a chance last night. They didn't have an oline in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRx3q-lNd0

Like yeah, he didn't make plays, but not many dudes are doing much of anything when you give up immediate pressure like that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

He didn't have much of a chance last night. They didn't have an oline in front of him.

Like yeah, he didn't make plays, but not many dudes are doing much of anything when you give up immediate pressure like that.
Last rookie QB to start for the Texans since... David Carr.

He's going to get Carr'd at that rate.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Texans want to relive the glory days of David Carr.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

three posted:

On the other hand...

https://twitter.com/MichaelMFloyd/status/829081002324717569?t=tQqeb0Sm3rTYc3EyYK77IQ&s=19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Why is Tom Brady posting on an alt??

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh wow, I completely forgot he was on the patriots, let alone for one of the championships.

Geez how could I forget this play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EPyRzGe67I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

All those reports before the draft were right! CJ Bust