Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Oh wow, I completely forgot he was on the patriots, let alone for one of the championships.

Geez how could I forget this play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EPyRzGe67I

Thought for sure you'd post this.

https://youtu.be/a6M6jgUWT8Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That man loving hates Dolphins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Obj was balling in that super bowl before the injury

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

This is what I originally thought he posted

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Melvin Gordon did some light poo poo talking last year (just jokes mainly to his credit).

He never played a down for the Chiefs but he did get a ring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hughmoris posted:

After last night's performance, is it too early to label CJ Stroud a bust?

:fp:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's left the field with trainers

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1690041367878377472

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Freaquency posted:

This is why the Cowboys haven’t won one since 95 then?

If you want full on :tinfoil: I definitely wonder sometimes if Jerry's whole gameplan is to put out a team that's just barely good enough instead of an actual contender.

Everyone tunes in to watch em choke, the team plays well enough to trick the sad drunks who follow em.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

Melvin Gordon did some light poo poo talking last year (just jokes mainly to his credit).

He never played a down for the Chiefs but he did get a ring.

a true man of the people

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Shinjobi posted:

If you want full on :tinfoil: I definitely wonder sometimes if Jerry's whole gameplan is to put out a team that's just barely good enough instead of an actual contender.

Everyone tunes in to watch em choke, the team plays well enough to trick the sad drunks who follow em.

I can buy other owners purposefully not caring about their team to ride the line of making money but I fully believe Jerry is ride or die with the Boys and it makes every failure funnier

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

He didn't have much of a chance last night. They didn't have an oline in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRx3q-lNd0

Like yeah, he didn't make plays, but not many dudes are doing much of anything when you give up immediate pressure like that.

In theory, the Texans have invested a lot in their line. Tunsil and Shaq Mason as vets. 1st round sophomore guard and a 2nd round rookie center. It always feels difficult to assess O-lines and secondaries from preseason play. Still, a bad look to get your new face of the franchise beat to hell in his first NFL snaps.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

In theory, the Texans have invested a lot in their line. Tunsil and Shaq Mason as vets. 1st round sophomore guard and a 2nd round rookie center. It always feels difficult to assess O-lines and secondaries from preseason play. Still, a bad look to get your new face of the franchise beat to hell in his first NFL snaps.

They also didn't play any of those guys last night.

Both teams played pretty much exclusively rookies and backups, and the backup linemen on both teams were awful.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Okay. It seems like they only played Stroud through half of the 1st quarter too. I guess it makes some sense to give the rookie a small taste of NFL competition before week 1.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Febreeze posted:

I can buy other owners purposefully not caring about their team to ride the line of making money but I fully believe Jerry is ride or die with the Boys and it makes every failure funnier

I would agree with you most days--every once in a while though I just remember the back to back to back years of 8-8 and my mind breaks

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Febreeze posted:

The only two teams that got penalized for breaking the salary cap when there wasn’t a cap to break were the Cowboys and shockingly enough Washington?

Both want to win and don’t have a clue how and want to win THEIR way

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Cowboys losing the division in the final game of the season to all 3 other NFCE teams 3 years in a row was the funniest poo poo in the world

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How could the refs do this?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Febreeze posted:

The Cowboys losing the division in the final game of the season to all 3 other NFCE teams 3 years in a row was the funniest poo poo in the world

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Febreeze posted:

The year it was the eagles I was at a cookout because I felt that it was bad for my mental health to watch the game but I kept checking my phone every minute to see the score and I think that might be what addiction feels like

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm hoping the Cowboys lose the playoffs with an embarrasingly terrible final play to the 49ers for a third straight year.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mega64 posted:

I'm hoping the Cowboys lose the playoffs with an embarrasingly terrible final play to the 49ers for a third straight year.

This time the stupid lateral play somehow succeeds but the PAT gets botched, River City Relay style. Quote this post in January.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mega64 posted:

The final play this year will involve Fat Mike getting blown up this time

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

This is what I originally thought he posted

The German call of that play is incredible.

EIN MONSTERBLOCK

HELLO MIAMI CALLING

https://cdn-cf-east.streamable.com/...sKhjGWVoMrWdg__

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shoulder und shoulder, das ist gut

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Kalli posted:

He didn't have much of a chance last night. They didn't have an oline in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRx3q-lNd0

Like yeah, he didn't make plays, but not many dudes are doing much of anything when you give up immediate pressure like that.

Davis Mills did just fine, and the INT by Stroud had perfectly fine protection when he just threw it right to the defense.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah the pick was really bad. It looked to me (as a moron) like he just stared the receiver down the whole time and then threw it late.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

three posted:

Davis Mills did just fine,

Nope don't even need context just nope

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

Shoulder und shoulder, das ist gut

shoulder auf shoulder, alles gut

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Yeah the pick was really bad. It looked to me (as a moron) like he just stared the receiver down the whole time and then threw it late.

It's...slightly better on a wider view? Maybe? It's awful either way of course.

You can see he just completely missed the safety sitting there as a robber waiting to jump the route, the guy he was throwing to looked open when he started to throw. So it's not like he just threw to the wrong jersey which is what it looks like in highlights. Yeah, that's...one bad rep for sure. But it's one out of four attempts, he's got time to get better or even worse.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Metapod posted:

Nope don't even need context just nope

I know that CJ Stroud is now the new champion of "i am actually smart, the tests are wrong" posters everywhere but he had 4 throws and 1 was directly to a DB in an obvious zone. He looked awful, and trying to excuse it on the team when Davis Mills came in and went 9/12, 99yds, 1 TD, 0 INT shows it was not an untenable situation.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think they should sit CJ Stroud the entire year

So the Cardinals can gently caress up two top 5 picks next year instead of just one :smuggo:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

three posted:

I know that CJ Stroud is now the new champion of "i am actually smart, the tests are wrong" posters everywhere but he had 4 throws and 1 was directly to a DB in an obvious zone. He looked awful, and trying to excuse it on the team when Davis Mills came in and went 9/12, 99yds, 1 TD, 0 INT shows it was not an untenable situation.

It's the first week of preseason for a rookie

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

three posted:

Don't use me to attack other posters I said Davis mills was not fine cause he sucks rear end

three
Aug 9, 2007

Metapod posted:

Don't use me to attack other posters I said Davis mills was not fine cause he sucks rear end

I'm sorry, Metapod. You're right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think they should sit CJ Stroud the entire year

So the Cardinals can gently caress up two top 5 picks next year instead of just one :smuggo:

it's gonna be a top 5 pick either way

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

How could the refs do this?

fix is in early this year

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
time to log onto something awful dot com slash forums and earnestly talk about preseason football

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

three posted:

I'm sorry, Metapod. You're right.

I forgive you we live and learn

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

three posted:

he goes by CJ because its less letters to remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

a patagonian cavy posted:

time to log onto something awful dot com slash forums and earnestly talk about preseason football