Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Probably already posted, but an all-timer Dale moment:

https://youtu.be/DsV4CBOGidg

Also, his delivery of "Get lost Bill!" Makes me die laughing every time:

https://youtu.be/6KKJ9irSUuY

Biff Rockgroin fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 11, 2023

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

pixaal posted:

I can almost hear the monologue about now being stuck in purgatory and wondering if he should have went with the reaper.
Completely blank white background.

Dale, cheerfully: Bicky by bo bicky by bo bo

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Also, his delivery of "Got lost Bill!" Makes me die laughing every time:

https://youtu.be/6KKJ9irSUuY

:lmao: goddamn that’s amazing, what episode is that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hazo posted:

:lmao: goddamn that’s amazing, what episode is that

It's the one where Hank's head gets shaved and he finds out he has Bill tattooed on the back of his head.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I forget the exact quote but I like Nancy yelling "I'm going out, I left a carton of cigarettes on the counter for dinner"

"Ahh...I think I'll keep her."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Boil me up some Dew.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dale is completely calm during the Y2K crisis until his gerbils break out and flood his panic stash with Dew. Hank was looking to him as a beacon of hope during that time hahahaha

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SettingSun posted:

Dale is completely calm during the Y2K crisis until his gerbils break out and flood his panic stash with Dew. Hank was looking to him as a beacon of hope during that time hahahaha

You will be begging for Gerb-Ster!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I ordered the gribble hat to replace the one I lost long ago

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013
It's like someone wished for a new season of King of the Hill, but the cost is that we're gonna have to have one of the best parts of it replaced. DARN YOU SHABUUUUUU!

RIP Johnny Hardwick. Ashes to ashes, pocket sand to pocket sand :(

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Kalli posted:

It's the one where Hank's head gets shaved and he finds out he has Bill tattooed on the back of his head.

Thanks, I haven't seen that one in a while.

Bonus lol is that malathion is a carcinogen and lindane is incredibly toxic, and neither are used except as a last resort for lice treatments. So it's perfect for Dale.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

:patriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7byO6fZZwo

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Adding this to the list of More lovely News and Cool People Dying.

Seriously wondering how they handle this, along with no Britanny Murphy and Tom Petty in the reboot. DO they just write them out/off and consider them dead now, recast the voice actors or...what? I don't see how you do a proper reboot without Dale, who's such a central character to the show/neighborhood/alley that it leaves a gaping hole here. Luanne and Lucky I think you can get away with writing out since there's several ways to handle that (they moved, they died in a slip and fall scheme, etc.) but how do you write this show without Dale Gribble?

I guess you can make it so he got lung cancer or re-cast him as a dude with one of those throat voice box things but, man, that's loving depressing and totally impossible to make funny.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dale leaves a note saying he went back to his home planet and is never seen again.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

dale was attempting a national treasure-esque break-in to the capitol building to reveal the aliens hidden there, but by complete coincidence the day he chose to pull the heist was january 6 2021.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I wonder if the dead guy knew he was dying and was all like "yeah bros, it's cool if you get someone else to do my voice"?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Keeping a lil bit of sand in my pocket in honor of Rusty Shackleford. RIP

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://i.imgur.com/JftdTf7.mp4

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

the episodes where Hank legitimately thinks Dale might kill him are the best

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

He's already got the black vote, Earl.
And the gay vote, Earl.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nothing! I swear! I was just calling for help!

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

And that's why so many people are allergic to peanuts

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/breckinmeyer/status/1689768926534946818?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

god so loving sad.

has Mike Judge said anything?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hihohe posted:

god so loving sad.

has Mike Judge said anything?

Yeah, TMZ or Rollingstone had a general quote from him, along the lines of very shocked, good friend, will be missed. I'm not complaining, I don't think any ever expects anything different, but that's what it was.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wellnesss check I just hope he didn’t decide to check out early

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oh god this felt like a punch in the chest

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

I just watched season 1 of this show and I was kinda shocked. Holy poo poo it's so good! I always had it cornered away in my mind as a sortof inferior version of the Simpsons. But it's totally got its own identity and really feels true to heart and just so drat funny and real. In this day and age, I have to say that Hank Hill is actually a pretty cool guy.

Are the seasons after this good???? This feels like early Simpons to me! And that's a high compliment!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It really only goes up from there for a long time and dips a tiny bit near the end but it's nothing like how ratshit the simpsons turned into

StupidNameNobody
Aug 12, 2023

Thank you, that's quite a relief. When I see the Simpsons nowadays about the only emotion I feel is intense pain and second-hand embarrassment lol. There's a reason the memes are a bit antiquated!

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Episode quality remains excellent for many seasons and I think actually gets better than S01, although I can’t quite put my finger on when it peaked. Quality suffers somewhat in later, like last two or three, seasons, but there’s still a couple total bangers per season and very very very rarely is there an episode where you finish pissed off at what you just watched.

Nothing at all like the decline of the Simpsons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
koth is up there with simpsons and seinfeld for shows that define an era although it's more latter 90s into 2000s than those other shows. I wanted to see hank smoke that twig boys arms

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

StupidNameNobody posted:

I just watched season 1 of this show and I was kinda shocked. Holy poo poo it's so good! I always had it cornered away in my mind as a sortof inferior version of the Simpsons. But it's totally got its own identity and really feels true to heart and just so drat funny and real. In this day and age, I have to say that Hank Hill is actually a pretty cool guy.

Are the seasons after this good???? This feels like early Simpons to me! And that's a high compliment!

There’s generally 3 shows playing in our house cause we have a 3 and 7 year old, it’s either king of the hill, seasons 1-8 of the simpsons or bobs burgers. It’s shows we can all agree on. They have they’re cartoons earlier in the day but lunch-dinner time when we’re all around it’s one of those. My 3 year old will pick “Bill” just cause they have the same name

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 12, 2023

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Lol my kid calls it "hank". "Daddy I don't wanna watch hank I wanna watch spongebob!" Too bad kid it's time for a sensible chuckle!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shame, not only was he Dale, dude was lead writer on a lot of good episodes up through Season 5. They weren't usually the absolute funniest episodes in terms of having memorable zingers, but they tended to feel more real than usual, had a strong emotional core.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

StupidNameNobody posted:

You're about to go on an incredible adventure, friend.

I hope it was intentional, but I just noticed that Dale immediately goes for everybody's weak points-- Hank's non-rear end, Boomhauer's hair/head, and Bill's fat gut.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Smart not to aim for a small target like a narrow urethra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hazo posted:

You're about to go on an incredible adventure, friend.

I hope it was intentional, but I just noticed that Dale immediately goes for everybody's weak points-- Hank's non-rear end, Boomhauer's hair/head, and Bill's fat gut.

This is the literal pocket sand man, Dale fights dirty on reflex.