Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you're not using Quinque or Herta then something is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

🤔

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

tbh when seal is critting for 90k it doesn't really matter

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

Herta is garbage and QQ is only good with eidolons I don't have :shrug:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kafka is alot of fun but really hard to use anyone else besides my maxed out blade still.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kyrosiris posted:

QQ is only good with eidolons I don't have :shrug:

wrong

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Walla posted:

My party has a strict height requirement

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

March is that tall???

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish Harmony TB wasn't most likely extremely far away so I could run Kafka/Blade/SW as a unit with them....

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

March is that tall???
307cm. It's a perspective trick. She's always standing further from the camera than it looks, that's all.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kyrosiris posted:

Herta is garbage

you're garbage!!!!!!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Pitch-Dark Hook the Great is actually 12 feet tall it's just that everyone is giants in the SR universe.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

drat, having trouble with last stage MoC this week, just keep getting random badluck on a squishy getting killed

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Tree Reformat posted:

my issue with the phantylia fight is her skill steal adds don't count as attacks for triggering followups, so gently caress you if Clara is your only dps!

I've found Clara can keep up, especially on the later phases when Phantylia is attacking a lot more. But oof, I tried the fight with Nat/FireMC instead of Luocha and it's really not enough sustain, that auto-heal is so valuable and his ult helps to shred the flowers.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Detheros posted:

Pitch-Dark Hook the Great is actually 12 feet tall it's just that everyone is giants in the SR universe.

the final quest will reveal the entire game takes place in a snowglobe

oh wait thats genshin, lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Teyvat being the underworld and the Abyss sibling being the only living one is literally a theory that has some basis in deep lore.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ooof, my Gep/Pela/YQ/SW squad just doesn't have quite enough throughput to pop their side of MOC 10. Fuckin' Kafka.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Kafka is alot of fun but really hard to use anyone else besides my maxed out blade still.

That's the issue you run into further into these games - you end up having some super-developed characters and it's very difficult to get the new ones to perform on a similar level.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Izzhov posted:

Man, the IPC owns. I love how blatant of a critique of the US it is. I love that it's literally written into the lore that they cripple developing nations planets with structural adjustment programs. It's great.

Aren't we supposed to be getting a character from it reasonably soon that may know Asta in some way?

Hypocrisy posted:

Seele lives in a tent in a mine while Bronya lives in a palace. They only time they hang out is when the Trailblazer shows up for shenanigans.

You HI3 lore people gave me a very misleading idea of what their relationship was going to be like and I do not forgive you.

Thou didst smile?

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 11, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kale posted:

Aren't we supposed to be getting a character from it reasonably soon that may know Asta in some way?

I don't know about knowing Asta, but Topaz (and all the other gem-named characters) is affiliated with IPC.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

drat is bronya squishy, now that i'm trying to use her more

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

gently caress that feels good to pull off for once. I don't even care if floor 10 barely limped across the line, a clear's a clear.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Got Kafka at ~79 pulls.
"Oh hey I'm pretty sure that's also 9 since my last 4 star. Might as well grab that too, Luka or Sampo Eidolons would be nice."

And then during the animation I remember that Lynx is a 4 star and I want her.

And then I get probably my 9th Serval.

Whoops.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kyrosiris posted:

gently caress that feels good to pull off for once. I don't even care if floor 10 barely limped across the line, a clear's a clear.

proud of you. i haven't done it yet

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got my fancy new tablet (which is also the first tablet I've ever purchased/used). It's very cool. I really should have gotten one of these much earlier, because it's basically a better way to do a bunch of stuff I used to use my phone for.

It would probably be harder to play an action mobile game like Genshin Impact (unless I used a controller), but it's really good for this game due to it just being turn-based.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

proud of you. i haven't done it yet

Thanks, it feels good to finally have one under my belt. The lack of a good hard hitter for the other side without Silver Wolf was a huge problem before, but Kafka let me get all the way to halfway through MOC 10 without much problem... but I just couldn't get it over the line on the non-Kafka side until I dove real deep into the bag of nonsense.

Would not have expected that to be the winning comps, but here we are!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i have 600+ starlight, bronya's lc is the best in the store, right? the only other one that even looks good is gepard's lc (i don't have gepard) if only to pair it with march 7 to more easily support my yanqing.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Is it just me, or are the latest companion missions … a lot better writing-wise than the current main story atm?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Futaba Anzu posted:

i have 600+ starlight, bronya's lc is the best in the store, right? the only other one that even looks good is gepard's lc (i don't have gepard) if only to pair it with march 7 to more easily support my yanqing.

I remember a theorycrafter's video that basically rated Gepard's first, even if you don't have him, because it's a ridiculous amount of stats, with Bronya's being a close second but only if you do have her.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

coolusername posted:

Is it just me, or are the latest companion missions … a lot better writing-wise than the current main story atm?

It's funny we get more lore about the Trailblazers backstory in one mission than we do for Dan Heng in the entirety of the time on Xianzhou

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Today's ruin buff is +Basic Attack, aka throw more tiles at the problem

:sickos:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

coolusername posted:

No, that's a pretty consistent trend. The writing in events and companion missions are far and above beyond the main story, which barely rises above Genshin levels of compelling.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I guess without the crutch of flashy cutscenes and bosses, they had to work on making us care about the characters the old fashioned writing way.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Futaba Anzu posted:

Gepard's is definitely a good pick if you use your Yanqing. The extra aggro is really noticeable in drawing attacks away from other characters, and I saw an around 50% increase in defense compared to Landau's Choice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coolusername posted:

Yeah. Yukong's was really good.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

coolusername posted:

Literally all the companion missions are the best story content in the game. Natasha's and Serval's are better than the belobog main story too

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
The only exception is the Vessel of Mediocrity side quest which is better than every companion mission

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Izzhov posted:

The only exception is the Vessel of Mediocrity side quest which is better than every companion mission

We need a mission involving going back in time and beating up Stefan with a baseball bat

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
:sushiyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i guess since Silver Wolf's gaming accounts got all banned (a bit too much imo there, herta)
she's borrowing other Stelleron's hunter's phones to play games on. Got a text from Blade (that was actually silver wolf)