Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this
https://footballabsurdity.com/draft-sheet-form/

I love you.

Also, the preseason is upon us! Go Football!!

lol at this TE tier for my league settings

bit of a drop off from 1 to 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's the difference between a completion and a reception?

also, thanks!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

abelwingnut posted:

what's the difference between a completion and a reception?

also, thanks!

QBs make completions, WRs make receptions.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lol Hockensen sucks, TE is a wasteland

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

lol at this TE tier for my league settings

bit of a drop off from 1 to 2

Yup. The industry projections for Kelces value over replacement player are higher than I've ever seen in 20 years.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kittle will win you some weeks before or after he gets hurt and loses you the rest of said weeks

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this

I love you.

Thanks for this!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Poque posted:

Lol Hockensen sucks, TE is a wasteland

Won't stop him from getting targets though!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Thank you to Drunk Nerds for getting that together under the gun. It was a Herculean effort after we found out that beer4thebeergod isn't doing sheets this year.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this

I love you.

Hell yeah, thank you!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Thank you to Drunk Nerds for getting that together under the gun. It was a Herculean effort after we found out that beer4thebeergod isn't doing sheets this year.

This can't be stressed enough. DN did all the heavy lifting along with our IT guy to make this come through as quickly as possible.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
You all rule!

My main league has our RFA Auction on Tuesday, next Sunday is my neighborhood league draft, then the Thursday after that I leave for a trip with about 60% of my main league to go hang for the weekend and draft that Saturday.

‘tis the season

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oh man that draft sheet is gonna be so much help. Thanks a ton, Drunk Nerds!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there a thread for finding a league or anything like that?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is there a thread for finding a league or anything like that?

The Goon Money League is taking waitlist applicants and I've got two managers who seem to be completely MIA, so if you or anyone else are interested please post in the thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037375&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif from the TFF AFC East thread started up one of the most degen leagues I've ever heard of for thread regulars, and I love it. Best ball, 12 teams, you are only allowed to draft players who are currently in the AFCE or have ever played in at least one game for an AFCE team. Yes, you are counting correctly, there are only seven week 1 known starting QBs that qualify (they did make passing yards count for less than normal as a slight compromise and it's full PPR). And honestly as I've started putting together my pool of draftable players, QB might not even be the most nauseating position. A lot of the guys who are a heartbeat from taking the starting job due to the QB1 sucking or being a high injury risk happen to be AFCE vets or in the division itself. Tight end is a wasteland and RB gets dark quickly too. Whereas you can find receivers who had 300-400 yards and a couple TDs under the couch cushions.

Oh also we are including both DST and kickers lol. I cannot find anywhere near 12 qualifying kickers. A DST qualifies if literally anyone on it has ever been in the AFCE which means most teams are fair game.

There's zero money on the line, it's purely for memes and to see what the hell even happens. I can't wait :getin: We're currently in round 2 of a slow draft and all startable QBs are long gone

I encourage other TFF regulars to spread this sickness to your own division threads. I'm morbidly curious which ones would make for the most and least viable player pools.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 12, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Holy gently caress at this idea. I love it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
First, big thank you to Drunk Nerds for coming up with that sheet on such a short notice, it's going to help greatly with my draft.

Second, lol that AFCE League is torturous.

Third, speaking of degen leagues, it's the second year for my invention Blue Shell League!

In Blue Shell League, every week the manager in last place has the ability to “throw the shell” at the manager in first place - by forcing the manager to accept a single-player trade with them.
Trades must be position-for position and both players in the trade must have been in their respective starting lineups the week before. (So no getting Christian McCaffery for a kicker, and if you're on the edge of first, you can protect Christian McCaffery... by benching him.)

I created a complete list of rules and suggestions on things I learned last year here, in case anyone wanted to build a league themselves this year:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kTQzuZ9_wgW3-KLrW4RQrxcuDQtcF9bd170JSZ2teQY/edit?usp=sharing

Also, gauging interest in a free goon Blue Shell League?
If I make/commish it, it's gonna be ESPN because that's where all my other leagues are and I don't want to have a million apps.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Some of last year's shellings included:

Week 1: Mark Andrews for Cole Kmet
Week 2: Stefon Diggs for Alan Lazard
Week 3: Josh Allen for Kirk Cousins
Week 5: Justin Jefferson for Chris Olave
Week 6: Austin Ekeler for Alvin Kamara (blueshell backfire)
Week 10: Dalvin Cook for D'Onta Foreman

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Ugh I’m really regretting trying to make a playoff run in my 0.5ppr keeper league last year with my mediocre team. During the season I traded my 2023 2nd for Etienne and now I’m struggling with how I’m going to draft.

I’m keeping Pollard, Etienne, D. Smith, then during our RFA auction I’m walking away with either Ekeler (doubtful), MAndrews, Henry, or AJB (don’t love the idea of having two WRs on the same team).

I have pick 5 in the draft and I’m guessing Chubb will fall to me, but by the time the 3rd round rolls around I just have to hope a good QB is still there like Burrow and I’ll just punt on TE if I don’t wind up with Andrews.

Good thing I’m heading into our new 3WR format with 3 to 4 RBs and only one serviceable WR :tif:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

First, big thank you to Drunk Nerds for coming up with that sheet on such a short notice, it's going to help greatly with my draft.

Third, speaking of degen leagues, it's the second year for my invention Blue Shell League!

In Blue Shell League, every week the manager in last place has the ability to “throw the shell” at the manager in first place - by forcing the manager to accept a single-player trade with them.
Trades must be position-for position and both players in the trade must have been in their respective starting lineups the week before. (So no getting Christian McCaffery for a kicker, and if you're on the edge of first, you can protect Christian McCaffery... by benching him.)

I created a complete list of rules and suggestions on things I learned last year here, in case anyone wanted to build a league themselves this year:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kTQzuZ9_wgW3-KLrW4RQrxcuDQtcF9bd170JSZ2teQY/edit?usp=sharing

If I make/commish it, it's gonna be ESPN because that's where all my other leagues are and I don't want to have a million apps.

I’d be willing to give it a try.

If you really wanted to Mario Kart it up, you could:

Pick 3-4 random players (use Random.org or something similar to determine who gets them) to get the mystery boxes each week. The mystery boxes could contain:

Coins: You get three points added to your final score that week.
Banana peel: Some other player gets three points deducted from their final score (player must PM the commish with the player they’re using this against.)
Green shell: Player may force another player to play a non-injured non-bye player in their starting lineup (must declare before games start). Want to keep Patrick Mahomes and Baker Mayfield on your roster? Welllll…..
Feather: Player jumps over any obstacles thrown at them (nothing bad happens to them). If you think something bad will happen to you that week, you play the feather and you avoid it. If nothing was played against you, at least you jumped high.

Just like in Mario Kart, you can hold on to your mystery box item as long as you want during the season and only play it when you need to (but must play it in the thread/PM the commish before games start on Thursday). If last place wants to use their blue shell, they lose whatever mystery box item they have (and first place loses their item too). If a player who already has an item gets randomly chosen for a new mystery box in a week, they must decide whether to keep the item they have or go for what’s in the box without knowing what it will be.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I forgot to mention: The new sheets update every single morning if there are any changes in any of the analyst projections we use.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

I would definitely join this league.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I’d also like to join a blue shell league, the chaos of it sounds exciting. But only yahoo for me for the same reason as the op.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Vargo posted:

I am intrigued. And I have no problem with the platform because I am already stuck with all three of NFL, ESPN and Yahoo anyway.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Silly Burrito posted:

I’d be willing to give it a try.

If you really wanted to Mario Kart it up, you could:

Pick 3-4 random players (use Random.org or something similar to determine who gets them) to get the mystery boxes each week. The mystery boxes could contain:

Coins: You get three points added to your final score that week.
Banana peel: Some other player gets three points deducted from their final score (player must PM the commish with the player they’re using this against.)
Green shell: Player may force another player to play a non-injured non-bye player in their starting lineup (must declare before games start). Want to keep Patrick Mahomes and Baker Mayfield on your roster? Welllll…..
Feather: Player jumps over any obstacles thrown at them (nothing bad happens to them). If you think something bad will happen to you that week, you play the feather and you avoid it. If nothing was played against you, at least you jumped high.

Just like in Mario Kart, you can hold on to your mystery box item as long as you want during the season and only play it when you need to (but must play it in the thread/PM the commish before games start on Thursday). If last place wants to use their blue shell, they lose whatever mystery box item they have (and first place loses their item too). If a player who already has an item gets randomly chosen for a new mystery box in a week, they must decide whether to keep the item they have or go for what’s in the box without knowing what it will be.

These ideas all rule and now I have to wonder if I want to build a full-fledged Mario Kart Goon League or just stick with the established Blue Shell rules. My only hesitation is that this would require a LOT of commissioner attention and I don't know if I can do that all season long.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

NBC simply ruined Rotoworld/SportsEdge. Just made it into an absolutely useless and worthless website. It's depressing.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

coronaball posted:

NBC simply ruined Rotoworld/SportsEdge. Just made it into an absolutely useless and worthless website. It's depressing.

I agree. I still go there from muscle memory, every day. It's... terrible. It's hard to explain just how bad it is.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Was it Rotoworld that had that free stock market like league where each player had a value that moved based on people adding/dropping them, so you try and buy players you think will increase in price and accrue enough money to have an all-pro team by the end of the year? It must have been around 12 years ago or so. That was a fun format. The only annoying thing was the market opened at like 6am EST so you were kind of screwed on the West Coast when it came to getting the best prices.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yo I’m an idiot

My redraft league gives you one keeper. I gotta take Sun God at the cost of my 5th round pick right?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Cat Hassler posted:

Yo I’m an idiot

My redraft league gives you one keeper. I gotta take Sun God at the cost of my 5th round pick right?

That is good value, but it is hard to say whether it is the best one without knowing the rest of your team. I have him as a 9th rounder :smug:.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pain of Mind posted:

That is good value, but it is hard to say whether it is the best one without knowing the rest of your team. I have him as a 9th rounder :smug:.

Good job on scoring him that late!

Well my other options are

Rhamondre for my 6th round pick
Brian Robinson for my 9th
George Pickens for my 11th

12 team standard league .5 PPR Yahoo 2 WR 1 RB 2 FLEX

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
You keep sun God because he's a deity and will garuntee your win.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Yeah, I'd go Amon-Ra there

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Cat Hassler posted:

Sun God? Who the

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Yeah, I'd go Amon-Ra there

:pusheen:

My biggest learning curve is just gonna be learning all the players. It’s astonishing, though not terribly surprising how little overlap there is between standout college players and pro ones.

Or, at the least, the pool of “standout” college players is so large I can’t really keep up with them all. Maybe Amon-Ra was a big deal at *checks notes* USC? Maybe he was but it didn’t amount to much.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of keepers, I get to keep three of the below at a 2-round-higher cost, so someone drafted in the third would be kept for my first; someone drafted in the 10th would be kept for my 8th.
It is PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE

I dont think there is any options other than:
1.) Amon-Ra for a 4th
2.) Etienne for an 11th
3.) Brian Robinson for a 10th

Then during the draft I'll go Kelce in the first, Hurts/Josh Allen/Mahomes in the second, then WR and RB for the rest of the draft.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 14, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

coronaball posted:

It’s so bad now, it sucks :barf:

Are there any good alternatives?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Speaking of keepers, I get to keep three of the below at a 2-round-higher cost, so someone drafted in the third would be kept for my first; someone drafted in the 10th would be kept for my 8th.

1.) Amon-Ra for a 4th
2.) Etienne for an 11th

Then during the draft I'll go Kelce in the first, Hurts/Josh Allen/Mahomes in the second, then WR and RB for the rest of the draft.

Definitely Amon-Ra and Etienne. You might even be able to get Brian Robinson in the 10th normally.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

1.) Amon-Ra for a 4th
2.) Etienne for an 11th

If looking at other rosters you think a lot of RB will be kept and you have a later draft spot, it might not be that bad to keep Chubb over Robinson, assuming you cannot mock someone out to your spot who is better (and not-PPR would help Chubb's value). Also assuming there is no penalty for keeping someone in the first round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

freeman posted:

Definitely Amon-Ra and Etienne. You might even be able to get Brian Robinson in the 10th normally.
You know, thats a good point.

Pain of Mind posted:

If looking at other rosters you think a lot of RB will be kept and you have a later draft spot, it might not be that bad to keep Chubb over Robinson, assuming you cannot mock someone out to your spot who is better (and not-PPR would help Chubb's value). Also assuming there is no penalty for keeping someone in the first round?
My line of text at the top explains the keeper cost. I cannot keep Chubb because he was a first and I have to spent a pick two rounds higher than I drafted them at before.