Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

World Princess posted:

If Tony Khan had any respect for this business he would cancel all of these awesome matches and book some YouTubers.

wembly deserves better. they deserve papa shango vs tito santana. crush vs the repo man. nails vs virgil. tanaka vs the berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

wembly deserves better. they deserve papa shango vs tito santana. crush vs the repo man. nails vs virgil. tanaka vs the berserker.

Even the tag matches at that show were random. LOD we’re feuding with the Beverly Brothers prior to that show, and Money Inc we’re feuding with The Disasters. The Martel/Michaels match was also a weird detour from both of their ongoing feuds of Tatanka and Bret.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1689991659294007297

This is like... ok heat?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

"WWE could easily outsell AEW in London if they wanted to" is the new "I could get a girlfriend, I'm just too busy!"

"We ran a 90,000 full house up in Canada over the summer, you probably never heard of the stadium, we still talk every night online."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Well not every day in WWE history is going to be notable!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1690097067539021824

Including the dunk because it was very funny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1689976622751916032?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Not sure how booking what sounds like it should be an awesome match makes somebody a bad booker

Imagine being this mad about the Bang Bang Gang getting on the pape

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

everyone is always talking about how scorpio sky and sammy guevara duking it out for the tnt title outshined adam page's run as world champion.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That 6 man sounds way more fun than Omega/Takeshita tbqh

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tell Max when they're telling lies.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

https://twitter.com/char09241974/status/1689747900585107457

man even i know this isn't true

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Went back to check. HHH didn't have another match after Mania until Rumble well he apparently won the Rumble and became world champion.

lol on many levels.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Even the tag matches at that show were random. LOD we’re feuding with the Beverly Brothers prior to that show, and Money Inc we’re feuding with The Disasters. The Martel/Michaels match was also a weird detour from both of their ongoing feuds of Tatanka and Bret.

Martel/Michaels is also a great example of heel/heel usually being super awkward.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

People on here always claim HHH is a huge loser so it sounds like he needed the win.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

That 6 man sounds way more fun than Omega/Takeshita tbqh

Do I want a match with only 2 of the best in the world right now or do I want one with 6? Smart man going to say 2, obviously.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

1glitch0 posted:

Went back to check. HHH didn't have another match after Mania until Rumble well he apparently won the Rumble and became world champion.

lol on many levels.

https://twitter.com/char09241974/status/1689762939547402240

he was putting people over, actually

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Reign Of Terror? More like Reign Of The Very Selfless Guy Who Never Did Anything Wrong.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
HHH was willing to put over a broom on live tv if it came to it, that's just how good a guy he was

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

HHH was willing to put over a broom on live tv if it came to it, that's just how good a guy he was

The broom was one of his favorite workout partners.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dawgstar posted:

The broom was one of his favorite workout partners.

just like Enzo and his wife

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sting should've been grateful just to share a ring with the legendary Cerebral Assassin

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

World Wrestling Entertainment WWE World Heavyweight Title Royal Rumble: Triple H defeats AJ Styles and Alberto Del Rio and Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt and Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho and Curtis Axel and Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler and Erick Rowan and Goldust and Jack Swagger and Kane and Kevin Owens and Kofi Kingston and Luke Harper and Mark Henry and Neville and R-Truth and Roman Reigns (c) and Rusev and Ryback and Sami Zayn and Sheamus and Stardust and The Big Show and The Miz and Titus O'Neil and Tyler Breeze (61:42) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

Imagine how much "putting over" capital he had stored up after that one!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that was the Political Hit times too

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It's called long term booking, finish the HHH story and have him beat Roman Reigns

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wrestling dorks having strong opinions on butter does not surprise me

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

It's mostly a nice reminder of how mercilessly the media dragged France for not supporting the Invasion of Iraq.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

It's mostly a nice reminder of how mercilessly the media dragged France for not supporting the Invasion of Iraq.

Not gonna lie, I still occasionally think about Freedom Fries.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It was Hummers with American flag decal wraps and tribal tattoos and frosted tips and pukka shell necklaces all the way down.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
edit:wrong thread

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
When I think of Freedom Fries I think of the bar/restaurant near the town where I grew up that was the only place I remember seeing them on the menu in real life. They also offered "strombli" and "buflow wings".

I grew up in probably the second* shittiest part of Western Pennsylvania, so it took a lot of work for that place to stand out as trashy.

*Looking at you, Fayette County.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1689976622751916032?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Not sure how booking what sounds like it should be an awesome match makes somebody a bad booker

Honestly, I just want Jay White on the PPV so he can add Wembley to his list of single handedly sold out venues. Getting to see him be awesome in the ring is a bonus.

As would hearing Juice scream "KENNY!!!" in the style of his "RICKY!" screams. Put the Bang Bang Gang on the show already, Tony.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hoss Corncave posted:

Put the Bang Bang Gang on the show already, Tony.

I want to breathe with the Switchblade :hai:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Prediction/Fantasy Booking: Next Dynamite, Don repeatedly assumes Jericho is joining his crew and does a whole celebration, but he ultimately refuses, roasting Don repeatedly, which causes Takeshita to attack him, he puts Soup in the Liontamer, only for BCG to do a group beatdown on him, the Don Callis Family is Bullet Club Gold. Don Callis will use Bullet Club, the thing that made Kenny famous, to destroy him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Generico posted:

Prediction/Fantasy Booking: Next Dynamite, Don repeatedly assumes Jericho is joining his crew and does a whole celebration, but he ultimately refuses, roasting Don repeatedly, which causes Takeshita to attack him, he puts Soup in the Liontamer, only for BCG to do a group beatdown on him, the Don Callis Family is Bullet Club Gold. Don Callis will use Bullet Club, the thing that made Kenny famous, to destroy him.

You may be in the wrong thread

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I want to breathe with the Switchblade :hai:

I will absolutely be wearing my Switchblade Era tank top on that day.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/xeetofficial/status/1690549059398803456

This sure is a sequence of words someone decided to string together

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/xeetofficial/status/1690549059398803456

This sure is a sequence of words someone decided to string together

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MicromanFever/status/1690588041872658433

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh yeah the guy who practically runs the day to day of match day isn't going to be in the company long