Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

England outside of London being dirt poor absolutely tracks, the entire country is on its way back to being a backwoods mutton producing province

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Urgent care chain MedExpress is eliminating RNs. As in, all of them.

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/medexpress-urgent-care-nurses/44795312

Lol who’s going to actually provide care? Who knows

The point of those places has always been to bill like an ER, not to provide services like an ER.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Urgent care chain MedExpress is eliminating RNs. As in, all of them.

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/medexpress-urgent-care-nurses/44795312

Lol who’s going to actually provide care? Who knows

what why

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

chat gpt will do it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China is an enemy. Our interests are absolute and opposing. Make your time.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

holy poo poo lol

the race science polycule lady running SBF's fake rear end money laundering hedge fund was only paid $6 million all up?

Yeah my read is she was basically a toady for the real players, there to take potential legal heat as head of the separate, shady entity they used specifically for fraud

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
lol no wonder she flipped

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Vox Nihili posted:

England outside of London being dirt poor absolutely tracks, the entire country is on its way back to being a backwoods mutton producing province

we went to Bath, Cirincester, Cotswolds, etc in dec 2019 just before everything went to poo poo and it was nice. had a good time despite being surrounded by the worst people (brits)

honestly london was the worst place we visited.

actually the absolute worst place ive ever visitted in europe was Liege in belgium. a shithole that makes even the rust belt or deep south seem alive

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

👏 EQUAL 👏 PAY 👏 FOR 👏 FEMALE 👏 SCAMMERS 👏

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

The SBF perp walk shots are always a lol especially when you recall the polycule stuff

https://twitter.com/StockMKTNewz/status/1690081051199057920?s=20

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

China's collapse any day now

America's collapse any day now

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Vox Nihili posted:

Minus the agricultural productivity.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Slow News Day posted:

Inshallah:d2a:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Slow News Day posted:

thats right

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

europe's still great to visit though given how affordable it is

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Slow News Day posted:

this is the collapse. :blessed:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Weembles posted:

The photo was taken in 2020.

thank you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

urgent care is horrendous now. it was never good but it’s worse than ever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The last few times I went to urgent care they said “go to the er??? and charged me 50$”

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

shrike82 posted:

The SBF perp walk shots are always a lol especially when you recall the polycule stuff

https://twitter.com/StockMKTNewz/status/1690081051199057920?s=20

Judge: you're going to jail

Reporters: what does it feel like to be going to jail?

SBF: 👁️👃👁️

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

SlimGoodbody posted:

Judge: you're going to jail

Reporters: what does it feel like to be going to jail?

SBF: 👁️👃👁️

NYT Counsel had objected to his jailing because it infringed on free speech rights. Why would NYT counsel care about the free speech rights of this moron?

oh yea one of the main things that landed his rear end back in jail was leaking private messages between him and that lady to…wait for it…NYT reporters

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

euphronius posted:

The last few times I went to urgent care they said “go to the er??? and charged me 50$”

Yeah same. I have zero respect for anyone who works in an urgent care. Worse than useless.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

skooma512 posted:

Yeah same. I have zero respect for anyone who works in an urgent care. Worse than useless.

I decided Urgent Care was a scam last time I went to one. They did nothing and charged me $200 and told me to go to a doctor. Not sure what point they have beyond appearing to be useful and in close proximity and more convenient than an ER while not actually providing any care. I remember my parents taking me to them every now and then a long time ago for things like ear aches and they didn't seem overwhelmingly lovely then. :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah I have no idea what their niche is. can they even do blood draws. idk

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

my ex used Urgent Care a few years ago and they wrote the prescription wrong and the pharmacy tried to charge like $900 instead of $3

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

euphronius posted:

Their niche is that, unlike one's PCP, they can be seen without needing to schedule a visit 4 months in advance. No joke; I had to go to an urgent care today to get pinkeye eyedrops because my PCP was booked up for 4 months.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I went there with my some who was later diagnosed with pneumonia !!! and they gave him some cough drops. (50$). we only got a pneumonia diagnosis after I stood in the pediatrics office hallway and a real doctor happened to bump into me. poo poo is dire out there

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I think urgent care used to do a good deal of basic stuff (like UTIs, food poisoning, or non-life threatening cuts) but basically evaporated into irrelevance during peak COVID and never fully returned. A number of locations shut down entirely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can you imagine the damage to commercial RE if urgent care collapsed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Zodium posted:

imagine living in america and thinking the collapse is a future event that hasn’t started yet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Their niche is that, unlike one's PCP, they can be seen without needing to schedule a visit 4 months in advance. No joke; I had to go to an urgent care today to get pinkeye eyedrops because my PCP was booked up for 4 months.

my partners been trying to get an appointment rn and it's a shitshow. even the kaiser peeps are like ya we arent seeing any appointments at all. advice nurse wasnt very helpful and then got stuck on a branch callback for like 6 hours and that still wasnt helpful but at least they managed to get an appointment in on monday morning

still isnt worth even trying for Urgent Care because lol

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

yeah right now we are waiting for particularly large chunks to give way so we can laugh and clap

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zodium posted:

no collapse, only catabolic decline

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

skooma512 posted:

This is what I hate somewhat the most about the tech industry. You're either a 6-10 year veteran and qualify for senior roles, or you're entry level and qualify for nothing. There's no middle and no mentoring or training, you show up knowing the system better than the people there or you're the equivelent of a new grad. Skills are not transferable, you worked on the Thingmaster 4000, we require experience in the Thingmaster 7000 Plus.

also, your interviewers will be the whitest and most sheltered smuglords of all time, and their questions are insane gotchas, and youre competing against stanford grads in this weird stack ranking thunderdome

the techbro reaction to LLMs is the creepiest poo poo ever, theyre all frothing at the mouth to worship their computer god, so loving alienating. like these dudes cant loving WAIT to replace people with computers, and worship the computers, and also gently caress the computers.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Xaris posted:

my partners been trying to get an appointment rn and it's a shitshow. even the kaiser peeps are like ya we arent seeing any appointments at all. advice nurse wasnt very helpful and then got stuck on a branch callback for like 6 hours and that still wasnt helpful but at least they managed to get an appointment in on monday morning

still isnt worth even trying for Urgent Care because lol

a friend of mine who's been undergoing chemo for stage 3 ovarian cancer for 4 years called last march to schedule an appt. with a neuro for her vertigo.

the soonest they could give her was this coming november.

Griz
May 21, 2001

biceps crimes posted:

I decided Urgent Care was a scam last time I went to one. They did nothing and charged me $200 and told me to go to a doctor. Not sure what point they have beyond appearing to be useful and in close proximity and more convenient than an ER while not actually providing any care. I remember my parents taking me to them every now and then a long time ago for things like ear aches and they didn't seem overwhelmingly lovely then. :shrug:

I went to one last year when I hosed up my arm, got an xray and referral to orthopedics. also got antibiotics from them a few times, but now that I have a regular doctor I can just take a picture and say "does this look infected" instead of waiting an hour at urgent care.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1690016038937669633?s=20

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

SardonicTyrant posted:

I was laid off in 2020 and never found a job again, I guess I was unlucky. Honestly, I think I'm giving up job hunting for another computer toucher role again, because at this point the market is not recovering imo and I can't get through a week anymore without having a screaming fit trying to get back onto food stamps.

So, uh, at the risk of being a bit doomery, anyone who got laid off recently, start planning for something else now, before you realize it's been almost a year without getting a job offer and now have to scramble.

I just, I don't want anyone else to go through what I did.

im really sorry youre having to struggle and suffer like this. my SO is trying to retrain to become a nurse practitioner for this reason. tech seems like more and more of a dead end for a lot of people who arent like, the top 10 engineers at leading "AI" companies.

healthcare may be a bottomless pit of despair, but you cant outsource it or automate it beyond a certain point. also unlike IT certs, licensing for healthcare workers is controlled by the state and 'vendor-neutral', so youre free to bounce if your employer sucks. for now.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1690148616885997571?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Turtle Sandbox posted:

The people moving to Florida want those things and hope Florida will be the first state to have no gays.

florida should hire ramzan kadyrov, he assured the world there are no gay people in chechnya. surprised meatball ron hasnt given him a call yet