Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I would also like to officially announce that my wife, who loves me despite the fact that I'm a cowboys fan, has acquired us not only tickets to this weekend's preseason game but also to the opener against the New York Jets.

I've never been to a professional football game and even though Jerry world is a monument to excess and the fragility of 1 billionaire's ego, I'm looking forward to watching Dak Prescott kill Aaron Rogers like he did Tom Brady last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
it should be great I've never heard anyone say they had a bad time at that stadium. I also hope Our Cowboys win

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Febreeze posted:

Do the Lions count as a sleeper? They are in a weird spot and missed the playoffs but really came up hot late last season

I wouldn't count them in that category since they're a trendy pick to win a down division. Some team like Green Bay would qualify though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I would also like to officially announce that my wife, who loves me despite the fact that I'm a cowboys fan, has acquired us not only tickets to this weekend's preseason game but also to the opener against the New York Jets.

I've never been to a professional football game and even though Jerry world is a monument to excess and the fragility of 1 billionaire's ego, I'm looking forward to watching Dak Prescott kill Aaron Rogers like he did Tom Brady last year.

This is sweet and I hope the cowboys lose but I hope you and your wife have a really good time blarzgh

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Blarzgh and wife at the Cowboys game

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just startled my cat laughing, ty

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Having a good time at a preseason game is gonna be a high bar to clear.

Having said that, go Jaguars this Saturday

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Preseason games can be fun to like just chill with your buddies and have some drinks, and it just so happens there’s live football actually happening.

There’s like zero energy in the stadium though. Granted I’ve never been to a full dress rehearsal one.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The Dave posted:

Preseason games can be fun to like just chill with your buddies and have some drinks, and it just so happens there’s live football actually happening.

There’s like zero energy in the stadium though. Granted I’ve never been to a full dress rehearsal one.

It sucks. Not as much as watching it on TV since you have a bit of a time and effort investment dedicated to getting to the stadium and poo poo but it's as lame as any other preseason game.

Here you go, Blarzgh, lol

Video: Dak Prescott Throws Multiple Interceptions During Training Camp Practice

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/video-dak-prescott-throws-multiple-interceptions-during-training-camp-practice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

It sucks. Not as much as watching it on TV since you have a bit of a time and effort investment dedicated to getting to the stadium and poo poo but it's as lame as any other preseason game.

Here you go, Blarzgh, lol

Video: Dak Prescott Throws Multiple Interceptions During Training Camp Practice

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/video-dak-prescott-throws-multiple-interceptions-during-training-camp-practice

Might as well retire now.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Blarzgh and wife at the Cowboys game

Lmao

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
*at the preseason game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

blarzgh posted:

*at the wildcard game

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Congrats! I took my dad and stepmom to the thanksgiving game like 15 years ago where Roy Williams was on a TD break and then fumbled at the 7 yard line (we were sitting in that end one) and then they lost.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats! I took my dad and stepmom to the thanksgiving game like 15 years ago where Roy Williams was on a TD break and then fumbled at the 7 yard line (we were sitting in that end one) and then they lost.

Lmao

I look forward to Sauce picking off Dak on a fourth Quarter drive and Dallas losing by 3and spending the rest of the week having Euphronus explain how it was Aaron Rogers who made Gardner pick off that pass through his intangibles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s unlikely I’ll watch a Dallas - Green Bay game honestly

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

It’s unlikely I’ll watch a Dallas - Green Bay game honestly

Friend, I have some news for you. Aaron Rodgers is no longer the QB in Wisconsin.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo lmao

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Mr. Nice! posted:

Friend, I have some news for you. Aaron Rodgers is no longer the QB in Wisconsin.

Don't listen to him, euphronius, he's a Cowboys fan trying to deceive you. Of course Rodgers is still on the Packers.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you lose your preseason game tonight or tomorrow, then you’re automatically a loser for the rest of the season.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Some crypto scam is an official sponsor of the Giants. Jesus Christ.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Commanders are under a rain delay. Didn’t we used to play football in the rain?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

The Commanders are under a rain delay. Didn’t we used to play football in the rain?

Most stadiums don't pour the filthy rainwater directly on the fans the way FedEx does. It's a sanitation delay.

oh wait this is Cleveland... nm

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ok everyone on the Sam Howell bandwagon - he's clearly Pro Bowl bound! :woop:

well he didn't look terrible which is a good start

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

Ok everyone on the Sam Howell bandwagon - he's clearly Pro Bowl bound! :woop:

well he didn't look terrible which is a good start

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1690174454565937153?s=20

https://twitter.com/Tiller56/status/1690174298684612608?s=20

The only real highlight from the night. Love me some Jahan Dotson. Our O line got some loving problems though, especially the first series against their starters.

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1690212807449436160?s=20

https://twitter.com/billhorgan2005/status/1690290409837297664?s=20

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1690208289907208192?s=20

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1690263971763257344?s=20

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 12, 2023

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Anybody who posts pre-season “highlights” should be probated.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

We’ve been starving for a quarter century and are entitled to instagram every spoonful of gruel we are now getting

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Anybody who even watches a preseason game should be probated

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody who watches the Cowboys should be probated, fuckem.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MrMojok posted:

Anybody who doesn't watch a preseason game should be probated

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes: this guy gets it

Watching preseason shows our true devotion to the glorious NFC East, and allows us to fully prepare ourselves for the glorious Clownball that awaits us in the future.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I watched a quarter. Honestly didn’t see much to be excited about other than Swift looking good/playing into contact in a preseason game. Mariota looked fine. Carter with that QB hit right away was encouraging but he vanished from there.

Preseason babey

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Giants QB looked like an all pro in his action against the Panthers. He won’t make the team.

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004

Diqnol posted:

I watched a quarter. Honestly didn’t see much to be excited about other than Swift looking good/playing into contact in a preseason game. Mariota looked fine. Carter with that QB hit right away was encouraging but he vanished from there.

Preseason babey

I think Carter only played two snaps.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

And I called that guy (#5) “the Giants QB” cause I literally don’t know his name.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

davecrazy posted:

And I called that guy (#5) “the Giants QB” cause I literally don’t know his name.

Tommy Devito. He's a local kid from Cedar Grove. Didn't go to the same high school as David Njoku but was at a powerhouse parochial (Don Bosco) and was predominately a baseball prospect before going to Syracuse.

He looks pretty okay in my opinion. Decently athletic and okay and finding open guys. That one dart to Sweeney was nice. He'll prob make the team since you can roster another QB on game days. Tyrod Taylor's contract is guaranteed so I doubt he's going anywhere.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1690263971763257344?t=

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao at the mortgage calculator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

Anybody who even watches a preseason game should be probated

I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend at the Cowboys preseason game on Saturday lmao