Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

1glitch0 posted:

HHH pacing in the TKO Group lobby, hoping to hear his name called for the secret wildcard spot on the Board of Directors when suddenly he hears over the loudspeakers, "IF YA SMEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!!!!"

Now, Dwayne has not formally accepted the post, and he's probably got a conflict that would keep him from assuming those duties in any meaningful way...but he's indicated he might be open to it, so Vince would prefer to keep that seat open, just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Feel bad for HHH

Does any body feel bad for Hunter Helmsley?
Did he forget the names just like Mike Adamle?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
SmackDown spoiler return per Fightfull
It's not Bray

Edge is listed internally to appear on tonight's Smackdown in a promo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine feeling bad for Triple H lmao

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Digital Jedi posted:

SmackDown spoiler return per Fightfull
It's not Bray

Edge is listed internally to appear on tonight's Smackdown in a promo

fiend edge bringing back the brood

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Seams posted:

More like Triple L

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE is a family

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
family means no one gets left behind

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

WWE is family, and it's the rapey uncle

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Majinfoose posted:

WWE is family, and it's the rapey uncle

WWE is Uncle Howdy? These Bray Wyatt storylines are so hard to follow...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

kalensc posted:

Just what the Bloodline feud needed: a family member who can turn on another family member BUT this time while wearing a referee's shirt.

Is he going to do it for The Rock?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1690180797175640065?s=20
Just the stupidest reeason

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1690181532449751040?s=20

Jey signed off the show saying 'I’m out of the Bloodline. I’m out of Smackdown. I’m out of WWE"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

actually its pretty much cinema and deserving of an Emmy, if not a tony, Oscar, and Grammy simultaneously, get Roman that EGOT that he's missing to finally complete the Tribal Chief Character

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Jey signed off the show saying 'I’m out of the Bloodline. I’m out of Smackdown. I’m out of WWE"

Jey living the dream of tendering a resignation by beating people up then leaving to cheers

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

He's going to NXT

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Digital Jedi posted:

sounds like there's an opening for logan paul

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Digital Jedi posted:

He’s going to jail

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jeyl

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Maybe it’s because I’m experiencing all of this through clips and these threads, but this would all be so much easier to follow if they didn’t dress identical twins exactly the same while in the middle of a feud.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Digital Jedi posted:

we’re in the third inning

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shrimpy posted:

Maybe it’s because I’m experiencing all of this through clips and these threads, but this would all be so much easier to follow if they didn’t dress identical twins exactly the same while in the middle of a feud.

Their hair is completely different

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dango Bango posted:

Their hair is completely different

gonna be honest w ya as someone who doesn't watch the show every week its very easy to forget which uso has kind of a mullet and which doesnt

its not just that they dress the same, have the same facial hair, and have similar first names, they also have the exact same moveset. they made a whole career of being interchangeable w each other and now its rude to not be able to tell em apart lol cmon

shiksa fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 12, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE should have some Informative Video Packages about which Uso is which. I'm not even sure which one is the DUI Uso

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/IANdrewTheGiant/status/1690177773782876160?s=20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Who is the guy wrestling AJ? Kross?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Kross who should absolutely know AJ Style's signature moves 9 years into his wrestling career

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That little slump from AJ after the second botch, lmao.

To play Devil's Advocate, if I'm reading these two clips right, Jimmy's reason for betraying Jey is something like, "My brother and I have been right next to each other literally since the womb, our personal and professional identities have been intrinsically tied together for our entire lives and for the first time in our lives, he's achieving a level of individual success that outpaces what either of us can accomplish together AND what I could ever accomplish on my own and further complicating matters, achieving this success would mean he gains the power of our cousin, who's spent the last three years systematically abusing and manipulating the two of us. I'm afraid that my brother's success will leave me alone and I'm afraid that it will corrupt him the same way it did our cousin. I don't think I'm strong enough to avert this by supporting him after he succeeds, so I have to avert it by keeping him from achieving that success at all."

That is actually a multi-faceted human reason to do something very rash. It's a human being doing something stupid for a human reason rather than just a stupid narrative choice. Two problems.

1) Holy gently caress is Jimmy a loving godawful promo.
2) You can't just have your characters say how they feel, that makes me feel angry. You could've employed, like, a little subtlety for this? Maybe have him refuse to tell Jey why for a while? Maybe have Jimmy lie about his reasons for a while? Isn't this loving feud between Jimmy and Jey supposed to go all the way to Wrestlemania? But no, he just. Fuckin' explains all of the reasons, point blank, the first show after he did it. Okay. Thanks for taking me on that journey, WWE.
3) Holy loving gently caress, Jimmy is a terrible loving promo!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

That is too many words when all the thought that went into it was "how do we make Roman champion longer"

It's sad how many people have been built up and WWE fans were chomping at the bit to see them win, then they lose and get some middling feud afterwards. This title reign has elevated nobody because nothing matters if you're not Roman Reigns. We're going to get 4 more years of this because Rock says he might show up for Wrestlemania and then when The Rock finally hits rock bottom and does it, Roman will pin him and they'll just start chasing the Bruno record

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 12, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

actually its pretty much cinema and deserving of an Emmy, if not a tony, Oscar, and Grammy simultaneously, get Roman that EGOT that he's missing to finally complete the Tribal Chief Character

I understand that not all tony nominees must be musicals but i would be far happier if there was at least one musical soliloquy from one of the bloodline members

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

That little slump from AJ after the second botch, lmao.

To play Devil's Advocate, if I'm reading these two clips right, Jimmy's reason for betraying Jey is something like, "My brother and I have been right next to each other literally since the womb, our personal and professional identities have been intrinsically tied together for our entire lives and for the first time in our lives, he's achieving a level of individual success that outpaces what either of us can accomplish together AND what I could ever accomplish on my own and further complicating matters, achieving this success would mean he gains the power of our cousin, who's spent the last three years systematically abusing and manipulating the two of us. I'm afraid that my brother's success will leave me alone and I'm afraid that it will corrupt him the same way it did our cousin. I don't think I'm strong enough to avert this by supporting him after he succeeds, so I have to avert it by keeping him from achieving that success at all."

That is actually a multi-faceted human reason to do something very rash. It's a human being doing something stupid for a human reason rather than just a stupid narrative choice. Two problems.

1) Holy gently caress is Jimmy a loving godawful promo.
2) You can't just have your characters say how they feel, that makes me feel angry. You could've employed, like, a little subtlety for this? Maybe have him refuse to tell Jey why for a while? Maybe have Jimmy lie about his reasons for a while? Isn't this loving feud between Jimmy and Jey supposed to go all the way to Wrestlemania? But no, he just. Fuckin' explains all of the reasons, point blank, the first show after he did it. Okay. Thanks for taking me on that journey, WWE.
3) Holy loving gently caress, Jimmy is a terrible loving promo!

agree. i also would like you to play devil's advocate for why it doesn't matter that you can't tell apart the usos when not caring about wwe and watching clips of them promoing against eachother. thanks bud

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 12, 2023

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does Roman actually do any real numbers for the company? Like do you think it was worth it compared to say Cena who could churn out very lucrative rainbow gear each week?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

agree. i also would like you to play devil's advocate for why it doesn't matter that you can't tell apart the usos when not caring about wwe and watching clips of them promoing against eachother. thanks bud

Because they and the announcers will say which one is which like fourteen times a sentence.

Invalid Validation posted:

Does Roman actually do any real numbers for the company? Like do you think it was worth it compared to say Cena who could churn out very lucrative rainbow gear each week?

Didn't used to, but ever since Sami got involved, the Bloodline story has been moving tickets and TV ratings at a pretty insane rate, which continued even after both Sami and Cody lost to Roman.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Invalid Validation posted:

It doesn't matter because McMahon keeps falling upwards and is never punished

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Seams posted:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1690180411287027712?s=20

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Uh, sure, belt up Rey, I guess. Did Theory get wellness popped or something?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, didn’t they just make a big deal about Theory being the third-longest reigning US champion or something?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

MJeff posted:

Didn't used to, but ever since Sami got involved, the Bloodline story has been moving tickets and TV ratings at a pretty insane rate, which continued even after both Sami and Cody lost to Roman.
Take it FWIW but the gold belt has been doing well in sales on WWEShop.

Also no love lost between a certain subsite and at least some parts of WWE. Don't worry, it's not here.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, didn’t they just make a big deal about Theory being the third-longest reigning US champion or something?

Now Cena will come back to beat Rey

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I understand that not all tony nominees must be musicals but i would be far happier if there was at least one musical soliloquy from one of the bloodline members

Maybe when MJF joins the fed next year he can take The Bloodline out to dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OH MY GOD!!!!