Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I had never heard of Girl Stroke Boy before but now I REALLY want to watch it. Might grab it.

wa27 posted:

Do hd-dvds suffer from accelerated disc rot or something? Last time I tried to watch (a brand new) disc, it was skipping throughout the movie.

Yeah they're infamously bad for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so i just gave 'when i consume you' about 30min of my time and...no? what's so good about this? people seem to really like it. is it worth finishing?

seemed very amateurs trying waaaaaay too hard to do something artsy and failing.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

another successful VinSyn sale has arrived.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Nice though I must warn you, terror at tenkiller is gunna be one of the most boring 4ks you'll watch.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

wa27 posted:

Do hd-dvds suffer from accelerated disc rot or something? Last time I tried to watch (a brand new) disc, it was skipping throughout the movie.

It's mainly the Warner Bros discs. Some of their standard DVDs from the time had a manufacturing error too and those ones are failing now too. I've never had a problem with HD-DVDs from the other major studios but if I find a WB disc at a thrift store, I never expect it to work.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

MacheteZombie posted:

Nice though I must warn you, terror at tenkiller is gunna be one of the most boring 4ks you'll watch.

lol that's what ive been hearing since subscribers started receiving their copies. im down for a vibe piece. it'll be one of those where the cover is a bit better than the movie I imagine.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

dorium posted:

it'll be one of those where the cover is a bit better than the movie I imagine.
So a vinegar syndrome release

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

tonedef131 posted:

So a vinegar syndrome release

Booooo

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
My one and only Vinegar Syndrome purchase was From Beyond and let me tell you, the movie is good!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

It was a compliment to their art department!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Terror at Tenkiller also has a pretty sick Casio keyboard soundtrack. I've been "hip" to this movie for a long time, and I'm in shock that it has a 4k. Not surprised that most people are bored with it. Once Vinegar Syndrome announces a 4k for Axe 'em (and they will), that's the official sign that the end is nigh. My copy showed up the other day.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Basebf555 posted:

My one and only Vinegar Syndrome purchase was From Beyond and let me tell you, the movie is good!

Everyone get a look at this chump that doesn't have a copy of Tammy and the T-Rex.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ultraviolence123 posted:

Terror at Tenkiller also has a pretty sick Casio keyboard soundtrack. I've been "hip" to this movie for a long time, and I'm in shock that it has a 4k. Not surprised that most people are bored with it. Once Vinegar Syndrome announces a 4k for Axe 'em (and they will), that's the official sign that the end is nigh. My copy showed up the other day.

I actually did like it fwiw, it's interesting how focused the movie is on the two leads just trying to have a getaway, get a little work as waitresses, and escape from that lovely boyfriend. It's just slow as molasses and the technical filmmaking isn't enough to carry that pacing. However, that long shot of the fisherman with the sun behind him on the lake is incredibly good.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oh gently caress yes

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1690116490224193536

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

I assumed when I saw all of this series popping up in 4k digitally recently and all the catalog stuff hitting discs from Paramount lately it was only a matter of time. I will buy all of those (maybe the short run show will get that kinda love too)

oh and also:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1690115896885284864

LETS GO

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Beaten because the webpage didn’t load properly

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

dorium posted:

Beaten because the webpage didn’t load properly

I drink your milkshake!!

I'm kinda jazzed to be able to retire this copy of naked gun on DVD (not my pic, i opened mine):

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

zer0spunk posted:

I assumed when I saw all of this series popping up in 4k digitally recently and all the catalog stuff hitting discs from Paramount lately it was only a matter of time. I will buy all of those (maybe the short run show will get that kinda love too)

oh and also:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1690115896885284864

LETS GO

LET’S loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

It's about goddamned time but gently caress there better be a Blu-ray disc, with new special features there won't be

Paramount has a mostly-poo poo record on this so I'm not terribly hopeful. Also hope the transfer isn't smoothed to death. Why couldn't Criterion get this license :(

pwn fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 12, 2023

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

MacheteZombie posted:

Rifftrax did it a few years ago.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

pwn posted:

Why couldn't Criterion get this license :(

To play devil's advocate, Criterion have made some pretty boneheaded decisions over the years, like turning down The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and The Fountain but releasing Tiny Furniture.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

About loving time. How was this not the first movie ever released on UHD?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

give us an 'no country for old men' 4k steelbook while you're at it, hollywood!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Now that’s what I’m waiting for. It’ll be a legit 4K upgrade too and not an upscale.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Now get the Abyss DC 4K out FFS.

Also, seeing a lot of Freeway II mentions. I remember watching it in high school and thinking it was utter arse. Am I misremembering?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I don’t know for sure. I really liked the first Freeway so I picked this one up blindly. Natasha Lyonne tho and a disgusting Vincent Gallo. Might rip? Who knows.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Give us all of PTA's films on 4K you cowards!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress that give me Assassination of Jesse James

and also include some of the cut footage even if I'll never get the full 4 hour cut

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
PTA 4K = v good

I found the Kids regular release in just a slipcase in the wild today, so grabbed it. This isn't gonna be a fun time is it?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

edogawa rando posted:

Now get the Abyss DC 4K out FFS.

Also, seeing a lot of Freeway II mentions. I remember watching it in high school and thinking it was utter arse. Am I misremembering?

Freeway 1 is good. Freeway 2 is unwatchable trash, in the bad way.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

FrumpleOrz posted:

Freeway 1 is good. Freeway 2 is unwatchable trash, in the bad way.

Yeah, I remember liking Freeway (maybe not enough to warrant whatever VinSyn were charging for a 4K though lol) but yeah I also recall being really disappointed with FW2, even before John Landis turns up.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Freeway 2 kinda works and kinda doesn't work in the same way Shock Treatment does/doesn't. I like it more when taken as its own thing rather than living in the shadow of the previous movie (though I do like Shock Treatment more than Rocky Horror). I love watching Natasha Lyonne being a scumbum (See also: Antibirth).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The greatest double feature of all time

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

First loving day

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Pack it up folks, this is it: the greatest 4K of all time

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

There Will Be Blood 4k is an instabuy I think

feedmyleg posted:

gently caress that give me Assassination of Jesse James

and also include some of the cut footage even if I'll never get the full 4 hour cut

Yes

abelwingnut posted:

give us an 'no country for old men' 4k steelbook while you're at it, hollywood!

Don't care about the steelbook but I'm sorta waiting for a 4k to rewatch No Country. Hopefully don't have to wait forever.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

I drink your milkshake!!

I'm kinda jazzed to be able to retire this copy of naked gun on DVD (not my pic, i opened mine):

We need a physical release of I Love the 80s. That show was a phenomenon.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Nice! I know a few people in here were hoping for PTA 4Ks so hopefully this is a start to getting them all just for y'all. I can't pretend I wouldn't be tempted by a particularly tasty Boogie Nights release if I were to come upon one in the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The Master and Inherent Vice would be no-brainer day 1 purchases as well.