Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

a coworker of mine got one of the prior models of samsung flip and the mechanism jammed such that it now won’t fully open. max it will go is like 5 or 10 degrees shy of flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ive always wanted to get a foldable as a test device but no job has given me one for free yet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You've gotta be pretty dumb to spend your own money on one of those gimmicks lmfao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i definitely want something like this and perhaps apple will one day be able to put one out that doesn't suck; i'd really go for an ipad mini that i can fold and slip into my pockets

but until / unless that day comes

i remain,

steadfastly lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
just buy an iphone 6

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

just buy an iphone 6

congratulations on making the same 8 year old joke that was retold a dozen posts up

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mediaphage posted:

congratulations on making the same 8 year old joke that was retold a dozen posts up

Settle down Beavis.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Settle down Beavis.

no i demand original yosposting

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mediaphage posted:

thank you for the recognition.

i'd like to thank my fans, and jesus, for making this possible

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

thank you for the recognition.

i'd like to thank my fans, and jesus, for making this possible

my pleasure. i’m glad to be able to take part in this honour

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Surprisingly Dope posted:

You can't take screeshots on this mothershitting android phone. it makes me so mad that i want to spell it as "anroid."

Over five years old and it's still true

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Lol!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

been thinking about this

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

they make a cream for that now op

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mediaphage posted:

they make a cream for that now op

ice cream sandwich?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Last Chance posted:

ice cream sandwich?

thank you

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

back in like 2009 I had an android

it sucked

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

akadajet posted:

back in like 2009 I had an android

it sucked

looked it up. it was one of these loathsome things

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I had a tmobile g1

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm so glad I can afford an iphone now

Apr 7, 2003

akadajet posted:

shoulda bought a palm Pre

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

shoulda bought a palm Pre

anything but that laggy piece of junk

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

akadajet posted:

think my college girlfriend had one of these clit phones. she had kid cudi as a ringtone. the aughts were a hell of a time

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

2009 was the year of the Motorola droid for me. a couple weeks in and it deleted all my text messages. a year or so in it would freeze when anyone called, making the phone ring until I pulled the battery. a year and a half in and the top half of the touch screen stopped working. a bit later I lost it in a bar and I was glad to be rid of it.

Anroid.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

google was supposed to have had the most talented software developers who could pass their hyped iq test, knew all the craziest algorithms, and that was the result.

Apr 7, 2003

Apr 7, 2003

akadajet posted:

google was supposed to have had the most talented software developers who could pass their hyped iq test, knew all the craziest algorithms, and that was the result.

Kind of makes you think our entire meritocracy is bullshit, huh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

made many mistakes in life but never owned a android

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet posted:

I had one of those loathsome things too. It was pretty great though because it had a real GPS chip in it two years before any iPhone did

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

akadajet posted:

they’ve put it all into optimizing projects for RSUs and personal compensation so more time can be spent doing “interesting” things like reinventing programming languages, package managers and other “algorithmically interesting” problems

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

meme: STOP CREATING PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES -- 1000 NEW LANGUAGES MADE BY AWFUL NERDS EVERY YEAR AND NONE OF THEM HAS EVER IMPROVED ON C++ -- THEY HAVE PLAYED US FOR ABSOLUTE FOOLS

Apr 7, 2003

anroid

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

basically all of them have improved on C++, it's a really low bar

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

yeah it should just say C

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sagebrush posted:

meme: STOP CREATING PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES -- 1000 NEW LANGUAGES MADE BY AWFUL NERDS EVERY YEAR AND NONE OF THEM HAS EVER IMPROVED ON C++ -- THEY HAVE PLAYED US FOR ABSOLUTE FOOLS
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/jonathan-blow-c-is-a-weird-mess

Not sure this has panned out for him since he hasn't released a single game since he made this language up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

lol i had an htc eris and then got _another_ anroid a fascinate lmao. what pieces of poo poo. i actually booted up the fascinate this week before recycling it, absolute trash

akadajet posted:

thats what happens when you try to force a touch interface onto a blackberry knockoff core

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hobbesmaster posted:

they’ve put it all into optimizing projects for RSUs and personal compensation

this is correct but misses the bigger picture. they’ve optimized Google itself into a host for projects designed for this exact purpose. essentially there is the money making company (ads, search, youtub), and then there’s a parasitic organization whose purpose is to accomplish nothing other than to spin up perf-oriented projects for the benefit of their team members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PokeJoe posted:

Ive always wanted to get a foldable as a test device but no job has given me one for free yet

didn't dankpods also say something about how the foldable screens all get a huge crease where it folds that you can't get rid of, once you fold it enough