Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I mean I did think Seasons 3 & 4 were good, just not as good as the first two, and I think generally when a show as ridiculous and over-the-top as this starts declining it doesn't come back. but I'm really happy to be wrong about that cuz this season has been incredible so far. maybe having to write remotely through the pandemic hosed things up as it seemed to do for nearly every comedy show, It's Always Sunny excepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost cause
Jun 28, 2023
go the hack
The stuff at the end with the news anchors gave me flashbacks to K-Strass, the Garth Brooks of Yo-Yoing.

Colin going full Apocalypse Now in the background and calling Lazlo a human fart were the absolute best bits.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Given how in the background it was, I wonder if we were supposed to read more into Gizmos constantly saying goodbye to his mom, like is being a vampire affecting his memory and he's becoming stupid like the rest? Also loved that they seem to be escalating his vampireness of the cross burning his skin and just casually ripping the hand rail off the elevator.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Guillermo going "actually that's a pretty good solution" at the newcast hijack/hypnosis got me

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I think it’s just a silly little joke like the other ones sprinkled throughout the show, like the girl at the mall being immune to Nandor’s hypnosis because she’s a goth.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Am I just misremembering or was Nandor unable to hypnotize people in earlier seasons? I’m thinking of the episode where Lazlo got caught by animal control in his bat form.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Nandor has always been just kinda bad at hypnosis, which makes him a strange choice for the mass hypnosis. But it's a silly vampire show and it made me laugh.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

ruddiger posted:

Am I just misremembering or was Nandor unable to hypnotize people in earlier seasons? I’m thinking of the episode where Lazlo got caught by animal control in his bat form.

Lazlo challenged him to get out of social situations with just charm and charisma. It did not go well.

E: oh earlier seasons, not earlier this season

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just want Nadja to hypnotize people more because I absolutely love the voice she uses when she does it :allears:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Government workers were implied to be immune to vampire wiles because they are dead inside.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

Nandor has always been just kinda bad at hypnosis, which makes him a strange choice for the mass hypnosis. But it's a silly vampire show and it made me laugh.

It's been inconsistent to say the least, they all used it pretty capably early on with the animal control incident being the first time it doesn't work. This season they seem to be going with the idea that Nandor is better at hypnosis tho (Lazlo tells him as much in the guys night out episode) so under that new paradigm it makes sense.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

It's been inconsistent to say the least, they all used it pretty capably early on with the animal control incident being the first time it doesn't work. This season they seem to be going with the idea that Nandor is better at hypnosis tho (Lazlo tells him as much in the guys night out episode) so under that new paradigm it makes sense.

He may well have been motivated to practice.

Khanstant posted:

Government workers were implied to be immune to vampire wiles because they are dead inside.

We might now suspect that some of them are energy vampires, as an alternative explanation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gizmo's dangling foot is super gross.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

poo poo is getting really spicy for poor Gizmo!
Why am I not surprised the answer to familiar care is “We ought to put her/him down”. But also a great reminder of how terrifying Nadja is.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Deep down, Guillermo thinks of everybody as a little bitch in some capacity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The twist that Colin is actually extremely interesting was a lot of fun.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ipso facto, shithead.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
John Slattery is an emotional vampire?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Only halfway through the episode, but it's a banger. And what's Micolash doing there?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ruddiger posted:

No, you're not misremembering. He used to be totally poo poo at hypnosis, but I think the joke is that recently he started reading a self help book and it's made him better at manipulating people's minds.

Or maybe the joke is just "it would be funny if Nander could do this" or the writers realized "there aren't many fight scenes on this show so we need to give Nander more powerful non-combat related vampire abilities so people don't forget he's supposed to be really strong"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

D.C + A.S.S FOREVER

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, you're not misremembering. He used to be totally poo poo at hypnosis, but I think the joke is that recently he started reading a self help book and it's made him better at manipulating people's minds.

Or maybe the joke is just "it would be funny if Nander could do this" or the writers realized "there aren't many fight scenes on this show so we need to give Nander more powerful non-combat related vampire abilities so people don't forget he's supposed to be really strong"

well yeah with his age he's gotta be gen 7/8 at least. He just finally spent xp on Dominate, which is in clan for OCT.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Love that the familiar hospital was based on the Renfield asylum from Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula, down to the box-cage helmets. And maybe a bit of Silent Hill there too.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Mark Proksch is everything to me

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

mutantIke posted:

Couldn't get this out of my mind when they took over the TV station last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9TLftki5U

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mutantIke posted:

Anyone who hasn't yet should check out Dream Corp LLC where he plays an absolutely deranged character whose best friend is a robot voiced by Stephen Merchant.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone who hasn't yet should check out Dream Corp LLC where he plays an absolutely deranged character whose best friend is a robot voiced by Stephen Merchant.

Should also check out On Cinema where he plays a fictional version of himself that has shades of Colin Robinson (including bad impersonations of 1920s stars).

Everyone should also read "Marion's Wish," which is a free ebook put out at the start of the pandemic that's just a transcription of a group text thread between him, Tim Heidecker, and Gregg Turkington, which is them just texting as their real selves (albeit joking around) and gets across a bit of Mark's real personality: https://marionswish.com/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
His WC Fields impression is uncanny

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Mario's Wish is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's amazing how the more stupid they become, they also become more stupidly powerful.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Good use of wilhelm scream

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean they're vampires; one of them very well might have been Wilhelm.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's a me problem, but God I hate the Wilhelm Scream. Every time I hear it, it just annoys me because it draws attention to how artificial things are. It's silly I know, but I could really do with not having to hear sound designers being "clever" by dropping one in somewhere.

On the plus side, John Slattery is that most dangerous of creatures: the non Energy Vampire Energy Vampire!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sometimes my roommate is watching reruns when I'm out of the room, and I hear Nadja's Wilhelm scream and always cringe, but whenever I'm watching it myself, it just plain doesn't bother me. Must be because I can't help but think it's just over the top dumb TV poo poo when I'm not there, but when I'm watching it, I know the context so it's way more natural.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nadja storming through the vet office made me think it would make for an awesome house at Halloween Horror Nights.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
WWDITS haunted house where you enter Colin Robinson's room, the actor says "Oh, I see you've spotted my collection of Cheerios boxes. There's some interesting stuff there!" and then the door locks behind you

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

Dear God that is such a good example

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

EL BROMANCE posted:

Nadja storming through the vet office made me think it would make for an awesome house at Halloween Horror Nights.

“Moving like a galleon under full sail”

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

It's a me problem, but God I hate the Wilhelm Scream. Every time I hear it, it just annoys me because it draws attention to how artificial things are. It's silly I know, but I could really do with not having to hear sound designers being "clever" by dropping one in somewhere.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's nails on chalkboard to me at this point, just completely takes me out of whatever media I'm watching/hearing. :(

Really enjoyed this episode apart from that singular thing, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I'm so glad I never paid attention to the Wilhelm scream. It seems to be bothering you guys a lot.