Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tenebrais posted:

Guess the elephants are appropriate then

fantastic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Benny Harvey fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 9, 2023

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s hard for me to picture younger people watching these but I guess someone must be if it keeps getting renewed.

Are there early 20 somethings that have nostalgia for like season 19?

late response but I'm 25 and 99% of the simpsons I saw as a kid were season 1-9 reruns. When I watched it back to back by myself as a 19yro i ended up dropping out during season 7-ish because the quality just started plummeting. I genuinely haven't really seen later simpsons to any significant degree and I've tried to watch it and ehhhhhhhh.

The folks I know who are around my age group feel similarily and usually drop out of their back to back watch around season 8 or 9

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:dudsmile:

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Benny Harvey posted:

X Tell Me More

(Please)

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a43721960/half-marathon-witch-record-broken/

Earlier this year a woman "broke the world record" for fastest half marathon run by someone dressed as a witch and said she was doing it in support of JK Rowling.

Then a month later someone destroyed her time and set a new record and said she was doing it in support of trans rights.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Benny Harvey posted:

Guiness records are all insufferable basically. Most crackers stamped on in one minute. Gtfo.
Don't forget they all have "and paid a Guinness rep a big pile of cash to come watch" as a condition too.

muscles like this! posted:

Nowadays they're basically a just a boutique company where you pay them and they find a way to get you a "World Record."
:hmmyes:

duz posted:

However it was funny when that TERF paid to create a record only to have it immediately beaten by someone who isn't a terrible person.

As I recall, if you did, like, any research, there were pre-existing records that beat it. Like, there was an existing event where people dressed like witches and ran marathons. Also her time was well below average for a half marathon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

alexandriao posted:

late response but I'm 25 and 99% of the simpsons I saw as a kid were season 1-9 reruns. When I watched it back to back by myself as a 19yro i ended up dropping out during season 7-ish because the quality just started plummeting. I genuinely haven't really seen later simpsons to any significant degree and I've tried to watch it and ehhhhhhhh.

The folks I know who are around my age group feel similarily and usually drop out of their back to back watch around season 8 or 9

Thanks for this. I’m glad younger people still get something out of the classic seasons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Those kids are alright, they got this.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
gone are the days when bert would say muy columbo and homeguy would eat a danish and say dough.

very funny show before

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Incitatus posted:

gone are the days when bert would say muy columbo and homeguy would eat a danish and say dough.

very funny show before

i thought it was the homeguy who did the columbo

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Zereth posted:

Don't forget they all have "and paid a Guinness rep a big pile of cash to come watch" as a condition too.

:hmmyes:

As I recall, if you did, like, any research, there were pre-existing records that beat it. Like, there was an existing event where people dressed like witches and ran marathons. Also her time was well below average for a half marathon.

You know, Zereth, the traditional way to win at running is to LOWER your time.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Apollodorus posted:

You know, Zereth, the traditional way to win at running is to LOWER your time.

Okay fine "worse than average"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

:eyepop:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

insufferable memes about an insufferable man

With insufferable parents, apparently.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Did I make an original meme for once?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s hard for me to picture younger people watching these but I guess someone must be if it keeps getting renewed.

Are there early 20 somethings that have nostalgia for like season 19?

The 20-something on my team at work knows Simpsons characters and has some context for the memes, and my 4th grader's friends do too.

And yes, it's all the classic stuff - it's like the memes are keeping it alive.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/joshstrangehill/status/1689733685224824832?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

More frames! Follow through!

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Whenever this comes up I forget to ask: what episode is this Marge from? It can’t be a classic season, right? It might be the only regularly occurring Simpsons meme element that I don’t remember from watching the show.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsiZQganXc

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Which episode/season is that?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Halisnacks posted:

Which episode/season is that?

Video says
Marge Simpson breaking it down with Bart on The Simpsons.

Scene from Episode 6, Season 19

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What was the couch gag for that episode?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

One of the few memes from beyond the classic seasons along with old man yells at cloud, the strippers dancing in front of Smithers, worst day of your life so far, Homer pinning his flab behind his back to look thinner for Marge and Ralph giggling he’s in danger from the Family Guy crossover.

Any others I’m forgetting?

Edit: vv yep

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 12, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Moe tossing Barney, who then reappears behind him.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

pixaal posted:

Video says
Marge Simpson breaking it down with Bart on The Simpsons.

I kept reading this, and the description, as season 6 episode 19 and started getting really confused and angry

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Martman posted:

I kept reading this, and the description, as season 6 episode 19 and started getting really confused and angry

they really should have put an of between them

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

In Europe you say the episode before the season

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

One of the few memes from beyond the classic seasons along with old man yells at cloud, the strippers dancing in front of Smithers, worst day of your life so far, Homer pinning his flab behind his back to look thinner for Marge and Ralph giggling he’s in danger from the Family Guy crossover.

Flanders wearing nothing at all.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Uncle Wemus posted:

In Europe you say the episode before the season

Finally something we're better at than the Europeans

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Halisnacks posted:

Flanders wearing nothing at all.

Khlav kalash

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mr Burns getting the virus overflow bug and being immune to disease from it

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao posted:

CommonShore posted:

Later the flux was reversed by, oh, lets say Moe.

wasn't sure which one was funnier

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

pixaal posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

RIP lil Tay