Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Lmao what on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

harperdc posted:

:negative: :japan: :negative: :psyduck:

Yep, Sweden’s defense was solid and Japan just didn’t make enough of the few chances. A couple bad options when they had chances too, too many passes not enough shots.

Both penalties were soft (I’m not a fan of that interpretation of the handball law but is what it is) but that free kick :psyduck:

Japan were also frequently bullied off the ball (including some obvious shoves that the ref didn’t start penalising until late in the game) and they really missed Ueda and her marvellous pink hair during the first half. They just couldn’t come up with an answer to Sweden outmuscling them for a lot of the match.

They really lacked the precision and penetration they had in prior matches without her, and yeah, the pen & free kick was just ridiculous bad luck. How did the ball not get in from that free kick?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
allez les matildas

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Kerr starting on the bench again! Gustavsson said yesterday she would 100% start if fit, so either she’s not fit or it’s pro-tier mind games (or both, most likely).

Feeling pretty nervous about the game, it’ll be interesting to see how the country as a whole manages expectations! When the men are playing it’s usually in the middle of the night and with no expectations, so I think people have pretty high hopes for the matildas at the moment. Very surreal feeling.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This has the potential to be a huge moment for Aussie sport in general if we can get past France.

Kerr starting on the bench seems like the right play. Bring her on if poo poo goes pear shaped in the first half, otherwise save her for a fresh set of legs in the second.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I would love 3 early goals, like within 5 minutes.

Seems doable.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

Kerr starting on the bench again! Gustavsson said yesterday she would 100% start if fit, so either she’s not fit or it’s pro-tier mind games (or both, most likely).

Feeling pretty nervous about the game, it’ll be interesting to see how the country as a whole manages expectations! When the men are playing it’s usually in the middle of the night and with no expectations, so I think people have pretty high hopes for the matildas at the moment. Very surreal feeling.

I was ready to KMS during Australia/Croatia so this is nothing.

But otherwise agreed.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Carn the millies

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That was a seriously baller welcome to country

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Farken up the Tillies

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

webmeister posted:

That was a seriously baller welcome to country

I'm really disappointed the US broadcast never includes these as part of coverage.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I might collapse at the end of this game from emotion exhaustion.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Go The Matildas

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Allez les Bleues !

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

carn tillies

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Atrocious defending

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's a card lol

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Very lucky not to get a card

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

She would have wanted to not miss from three meters out there.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jeez that's a horrible miss

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
That's mrs. to you

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That's it girls, smash the poo poo outta them

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

One dive and one foul, shouldn't be any cards and nobody should have been staying down

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a real chump posted:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Flopping harder than raw crepes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a real chump posted:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Sacre bleu, elles n aimez pas it up em

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

:stare:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fuuuuuuckkkk

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Fuckin el Mary

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Oh my loving god

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

THE MAGINOT LINE LIVES

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Thassa save

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
probably should score that girls

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what a fuckin block

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Eau de MacGowan posted:

probably should score that girls

the aussies definitely wouldve wanted to score that imo

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Fuuuuuck Sam woulda scored those

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Watching at a live site in a random Sydney suburb with hundreds of others - still feels wild that this is happening!

Super tense half, France had the better of it imo but those two late chances were glorious. God I hope this doesn’t go to pens, my heart is gunna explode

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

up the Tillies imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Christe Eleison posted:

up the Tillies imo

Many people are saying this