Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It took me 8+ months but I finally met a fellow player who visited and complimented me on my house :shobon:

I was surprised since 99% of the time I don't see anyone in the district during the day or night when I'm online often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thundarr posted:

:effort:

Yeah it takes me forever to get Frontlines win achievements. But that's ok!

https://twitter.com/Firelia_ffxiv/status/1689837295283687424?s=33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCQYYwsOScw

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/puni_2/status/1689795095321825280?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is what Louisoix died for. :hmmyes:

Oh, there's also this Ginyu Force version from six years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9f06vpx-s0

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 11, 2023

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Alder posted:

It took me 8+ months but I finally met a fellow player who visited and complimented me on my house :shobon:

I was surprised since 99% of the time I don't see anyone in the district during the day or night when I'm online often.

Some of us love doing "housing tours" of wards on our server and traveling around to see specific builds on other servers. It's quite interesting to see what people come up with sometimes!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/buncrimes/status/1689995936838082562?t=OdItglxt2IDhcLHDlxRp3g&s=19

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Slander! It's Fashion Report, just reporting on what's trendy in Ul'dah right now, which for some reason is a dozen lalafell sprouts in starter gear running laps between the Thaumaturges' Guild and the aetheryte

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At least it's not what's trendy in Limsa Lominsa, I wouldn't want to see what's popular amongst the idlers around the aetheryte.

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Since people are talking about PvP, PvPRevival has Rival Wings events inspired by the new sentai outfit on all 3 NA DCs this weekend. We are also on Primal right now popping matches.

Tagesreste fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 12, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tagesreste posted:

Since people are talking about PvP, PvPRevival has Rival Wings events inspired by the new sentai outfit on all 3 NA DCs this weekend. We are also on Primal right now popping matches.

Please don't be some weirdo who advertises their venue here.

Do the right thing, and rent a billboard for it.

Good luck to the goons going for it!

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Kheldarn posted:

Please don't be some weirdo who advertises their venue here.

Do the right thing, and rent a billboard for it.

Good luck to the goons going for it!

Haha, fair enough! It was more of an advertisement of where to play matches. I removed the image and just posted the timestamps of when events are happening.

Tagesreste fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 12, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theyre joking, feel free to post the image

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Whoever designed it did a drat good job

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Whoever designed it did a drat good job

That would be Fey Dalton on the community staff! Thank you for the feedback. :)

Hope some goons come by this weekend; this is as good a time as any to try Rival Wings out! We also will be the place to visit if you want to know which DCs are popping Rival Wings matches during the upcoming Moogletomes event, when RW matches should be popping daily for at least 12-13 hours straight. For anyone who's new to PvP, there are two exclusive mounts for 100 wins, which are the white and black Winston-from-Overwatch mounts.

I personally host and facilitate starting/advertising the Monday events on Crystal.

Tagesreste fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 12, 2023

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I liked island sanctuary when I had room to get more animals. But then they added more animals without adding more space, and I didn't want to release the ones I had, so I kind of lost interest in that aspect. I don't really care about collecting all the rare ones, I just like having big groups of goats and such.

Normally I would enjoy trying to optimize systems like the workshop on my own, but the way the information is presented is kind of terrible. Sure I could instead select whatever random stuff I want and it'll work, but that's not fun or interesting to me. At that point it's just mindless clicking for the sake of clicking.

The gameplay that it has wore out its welcome well before I got the rewards. I love the mounts and outfits, and the cutscenes especially, but getting there is a chore rather than something I'm excited to do and that is kind of a shame.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Another fishing victory! And this one feels like much more of a victory than Ealad Skaan, the experience of catching this little bugger is actually interesting beyond 'turn up for two minutes every few days'.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Genovera posted:

I liked island sanctuary when I had room to get more animals. But then they added more animals without adding more space, and I didn't want to release the ones I had, so I kind of lost interest in that aspect. I don't really care about collecting all the rare ones, I just like having big groups of goats and such.

Normally I would enjoy trying to optimize systems like the workshop on my own, but the way the information is presented is kind of terrible. Sure I could instead select whatever random stuff I want and it'll work, but that's not fun or interesting to me. At that point it's just mindless clicking for the sake of clicking.

The gameplay that it has wore out its welcome well before I got the rewards. I love the mounts and outfits, and the cutscenes especially, but getting there is a chore rather than something I'm excited to do and that is kind of a shame.
Yeah even if it didn't compete with "optimal" pastures, I'm not going to release my sheep friends etc. to make room for new animals that are mostly annoying me by taking 10-20 nets and several spawn cycles to catch in the first place.

Xerophyte posted:

One of the things a lot of the 4th workshop ranters don't quite seem to realize is that while, yes, the 3 -> 4 workshop change means you consume 33% more stuff, the 3 -> 4 granary tier upgrade does mean your granaries now produce 33% more stuff. That still means more time spent swimming around and clicking on seaweed if you follow overseas casuals' weekly bot recommendations since the net laver deficit also increased by 33%, but they did in fact increase the passive generation to the same relative degree that they did consumption.
I don't know. If :actually: they also earn 33% more island stones but also that doesn't address the fact that in absolute numbers they're going to be farming even more laver and sap etc., that's probably not a useful retort to their complaints.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Another fishing victory! And this one feels like much more of a victory than Ealad Skaan, the experience of catching this little bugger is actually interesting beyond 'turn up for two minutes every few days'.

not only is it an interesting intuition buff, but you can sell it for a few million gil too! because it looks pretty in aquariums you see

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is the explosion in the background from some kind of emote or item?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Martman posted:

not only is it an interesting intuition buff, but you can sell it for a few million gil too! because it looks pretty in aquariums you see

I love my pride fish and it has a place of honor in my house.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Is the explosion in the background from some kind of emote or item?

In the background. goes off every 30 seconds or so.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

In the background. goes off every 30 seconds or so.

Aw. I was hoping it was something that could be done at will.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The power ranger outfit sucks :colbert: Why is it all one piece? Why does it hide my tail? FEH

Give the real gamers like me what we truely want: A sailor scout magical girl outfit. Not this TRIPE

edit: On the opposite side, the power ranger outfit will go great on my Lalafell alt

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm downloading the free trial and going in completely blind just for my own enjoyment's sake - aside from asking which job has the potential for obtaining the most ridiculously chunky weapons and armour within the scope of the trial? Or can everyone make their armour/weapon look like anything?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
You can't glamour anything, you're limited to stuff you can equip unfortunately, which still has a pretty large size of styles. They will have a similar broad style, like casters getting few armored plate looks, but there's still an option or two that go against the grain.

Counting up to Stormblood, since that's getting added to the trial in a couple months, your best bet will be Marauder/Warrior to start with, and then Dark Knight once you reach Heavensward. Being tanks they have some real beefy armor available, and their weapons are both big two-handers, axes for the first and swords for the second.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pyrotoad posted:

I'm downloading the free trial and going in completely blind just for my own enjoyment's sake - aside from asking which job has the potential for obtaining the most ridiculously chunky weapons and armour within the scope of the trial? Or can everyone make their armour/weapon look like anything?

Glamor options are free enough that you're not too confined by that, but the biggest and chunkiest weapons in the trial belong to tanks: Marauder/Warrior (which you can start as) gets two-handed axes, and Dark Knight (which you get later) gets two-handed swords. In terms of DPS, the beefiest weapon is probably for Lancer/Dragoon, who get spears.

You can get every single job on a single character, though, so don't feel like you can overcommit here. If you don't like what you picked, you can use something else real easily.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Reaper scythes are pretty drat beefy sometimes, but you'd have to play for awhile before you can you can play as a reaper.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Failboattootoot posted:

Reaper scythes are pretty drat beefy sometimes, but you'd have to play for awhile before you can you can play as a reaper.

I think Reaper (and Sage, Dancer and Gunbreaker) are entirely unavailable to trial players since you need to have bought those expansions. Red Mage and Samurai should be coming soon, though, when Stormblood gets added.

Just thought of something else. It's (also) not part of the trial* but if you do ever decide to buy the game, keep an eye on the PvP rewards. Going by past examples there can be some chunky armor there that can be glamored into any Job as long as you're a paying subscriber and PvP enough during that patch**.

(As mentioned, these were available during a previous patch and are no longer available, but they're the two armor sets they've had so far, and serve as examples. There are a bunch of PvP sets that aren't limited by time, too.)

* Come on, CBU3, let free trial players PvP. You could have a fairly popular team game to draw people in with Crystalline Conflict, and then potentially entice them into buying if they get hooked on the story out of curiosity. It could be so good! Add the pre-generated text stuff to Frontlines/Rival Wings and limit trial players to only that if you're worried about toxic players, though things are moderated well enough as shown by PvE so I don't think it'd be that necessary.

** Also, stop doing FOMO stuff and let us buy the previous rewards. Even if there has to be a bit of lag between and/or it's a bit spendy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Onean posted:

I think Reaper (and Sage, Dancer and Gunbreaker) are entirely unavailable to trial players since you need to have bought those expansions. Red Mage and Samurai should be coming soon, though, when Stormblood gets added.

I mean sure but let's be honest, if someone hits 70 they're probably going to buy in.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They should make CC a separate client that imports your character so they can divorce it from FFXIV's netcode

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Failboattootoot posted:

I mean sure but let's be honest, if someone hits 70 they're probably going to buy in.

Yeah, probably. Especially if they get all the way through 4.55 and that cliffhanger.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

orcane posted:

Yeah even if it didn't compete with "optimal" pastures, I'm not going to release my sheep friends etc. to make room for new animals that are mostly annoying me by taking 10-20 nets and several spawn cycles to catch in the first place.

I still feel absurdly over-proud of this joke. These guys aren't going anywhere.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

Glamor options are free enough that you're not too confined by that, but the biggest and chunkiest weapons in the trial belong to tanks: Marauder/Warrior (which you can start as) gets two-handed axes, and Dark Knight (which you get later) gets two-handed swords. In terms of DPS, the beefiest weapon is probably for Lancer/Dragoon, who get spears.

You can get every single job on a single character, though, so don't feel like you can overcommit here. If you don't like what you picked, you can use something else real easily.

I think archer/bard bows top spears in terms of visual real estate since the spears are mostly a stick, depends on your tastes.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
let free trial players participate in pvp, but, rival wings only

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

the chunkiest armor and weapons you'll likely be encountering earliest will be for marauder/warrior

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, remember when glamouring and dyeing was unlocked at 50

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Glamour Prism (Woodworking)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Or just pick Roegadyn and you are the chunky armor

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

WaltherFeng posted:

Or just pick Roegadyn and you are the chunky armor

Yeah do keep in mind that the weapons scale to your character so if you want maximum chunk you want to be a roe or au'ra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Hogama posted:

Glamour Prism (Woodworking) Grade 5