Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rinkles posted:

Note the person is handling the console one handed with apparent ease.

It's an empty shell, isn't it? That looks like the replacement part number and name. Looks like the USB ports are empty, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah, going off the video title, that’s an empty enclosure, no internals.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
The tweet says PS5 case

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Is Far Cry 6 a trash game? It feels absolutely ancient. I bought it for $20 Canadian and I can’t imagine paying more.

The last game I played was God of War though so :negative:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BG3 was a good time but I hope for all the sensible non-PC players that they iron a lot of these bugs out by the time it hits consoles, the front third of the game that’s been EA forever is polished as hell compared to the back 2 thirds and even then it’s still a little wobbly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a primate posted:

Is Far Cry 6 a trash game? It feels absolutely ancient. I bought it for $20 Canadian and I can’t imagine paying more.

I've finished almost every FC game and 6 bored me to tears, just nothing there at all

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

a primate posted:

The Far Crys have always been kinda jank, but they screwed with the character movement that they used from FC3-5 and it feels kinda crap, yeah.

GoW is a hell of an act to follow, mind you, but FC6 is a big step back from the other ones.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Note the person is handling the console one handed with apparent ease.

It’s an empty shell.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Ok, glad it’s not just me. It feels like a lovely Cyberpunk and the story is just so dull I don’t think I’m going to continue with it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

univbee posted:

It’s an empty shell.
So is Far Cry 6!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

BG3 was a good time but I hope for all the sensible non-PC players that they iron a lot of these bugs out by the time it hits consoles, the front third of the game that’s been EA forever is polished as hell compared to the back 2 thirds and even then it’s still a little wobbly.

How in the world did you finish already? Isn't the average playthrough triple digit hours? it's been out for a week.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

How in the world did you finish already? Isn't the average playthrough triple digit hours? it's been out for a week.

I had a week off work I wasn’t doing anything with and my final play time is ~36 hours?

I hit the level cap and did a bunch of other side stuff on top, to the point that probably the last 5-6 hours of the game were spent at the cap. I don’t know what all the people with triple digit single playthrough times are doing but I guess if you read every single random book in the world and checked every single inch of the map for things you could swing it.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm just wrapping up act 1 and I'm at 35 hours :psyduck:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Volte posted:

I'm just wrapping up act 1 and I'm at 35 hours :psyduck:

Yeah I am at 15+ hours and I doubt I'm even half way through act 1.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

History Comes Inside! posted:

I had a week off work I wasn’t doing anything with and my final play time is ~36 hours?

Lmao, I've spent over 40 in the first act alone

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I wrapped BG3 in 12 hours so I have no idea what's holding some of you up

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My wife doesn't understand why 30 seconds isn't good enough.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Never pay more than 12 hours for a video game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Phat bois 4 life

my lovely lady's lump

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would like to congratulate our very own History Comes Inside for being one of only 400 in the world

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/11/23828635/baldurs-gate-3-player-stats-larian-studios

:sickos:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Is that slim the ‘pro’ that one leaker was talking about or is there still an actual pro console?

this is the slim/detachable disc drive revision, theres still a pro coming probably.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

veni veni veni posted:

I would like to congratulate our very own History Comes Inside for being one of only 400 in the world

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/11/23828635/baldurs-gate-3-player-stats-larian-studios

:sickos:

if its anything like bg1/2 and it sounds like it is, then yeah lol probably lots of poo poo missed but main story is probably enough 36 to get through. bg2's chapter 2 was kinda infamous as having so much to do but soon as you get enough coin, and you can it get quickly too, rest of the game pretty much flies by, but that chapter 2 you could take 90% of the 200 hours alone if you wanted to do and see everything. i used to mod the coin requirement and then wonder why i would get burnt out in chapter 2 of those bgt runs lol

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Revisions are always about reducing manufacturing costs through improvements in the manufacturing process. While historically those improvements also allowed a size reduction which boosted sales appeal a bit, this time that’s not really possible due to a variety of things happening in processor manufacturing pipelines.

So, while leakers are referring to this as the “slim” because that’s what the previous revisions have been, I doubt Sony is going to use that terminology. It’s just going to be their cost saving revision that unifies SKUs. Maybe it’ll have a special name, maybe it won’t, but not “slim.”

There might be a second revision some years later that is a slim, but I think it’s fairly likely that this generation will just be chonky to the end.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Embrace the chonk. Long live the chonk.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Has anyone had issues with ghostwire tokyo overheating their ps5s? I've had my ps5 for about a year and never had this issue, bought ghostwire tokyo the other day and it overheated (i assume)and shut down like an hour into the game. I opened up the console and cleaned the fans, which had a bit of dust in them but nothing too crazy. And then the exact same thing happened again just now. The console is quiet as hell, it doesn't seem like the fans are struggling, and I've never had this issue with another game despite using my ps5 constantly. I'm really baffled.

E:on further research it looks like it may not be overheating; there's no warning or pop-up, the console just shuts down instantly, and to get it to restart both times I've had to unplug the power cord and reinsert it. Could the game be causing some sort of catastrophic crash?? I'm even more confused now..

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Aug 12, 2023

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

Has anyone had issues with ghostwire tokyo overheating their ps5s? I've had my ps5 for about a year and never had this issue, bought ghostwire tokyo the other day and it overheated (i assume)and shut down like an hour into the game. I opened up the console and cleaned the fans, which had a bit of dust in them but nothing too crazy. And then the exact same thing happened again just now. The console is quiet as hell, it doesn't seem like the fans are struggling, and I've never had this issue with another game despite using my ps5 constantly. I'm really baffled.

E:on further research it looks like it may not be overheating; there's no warning or pop-up, the console just shuts down instantly, and to get it to restart both times I've had to unplug the power cord and reinsert it. Could the game be causing some sort of catastrophic crash?? I'm even more confused now..

I haven't heard of anything like that. Anecdotally, I played through the entire game without any issues at all.

If you were getting heat warnings, I'd say to clean the dust out of the system. But since you aren't, and assuming you don't have the issue with any other games, maybe delete and reinstall? Could be something got hosed with the installation.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
Unpopular opinion, but I'll probably get the RDR 1 port thingy. I have waited this long to play it again for new trophies and such, but I want a physical copy of it. The switch is showing one, but is the ps4 version going to have a physical copy too?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

TenTonHammer posted:

Unpopular opinion, but I'll probably get the RDR 1 port thingy. I have waited this long to play it again for new trophies and such, but I want a physical copy of it. The switch is showing one, but is the ps4 version going to have a physical copy too?

Yes they're both getting physical releases, but in October.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ll probably buy it too because I am a piggy who loves his rockstar slop even though I regularly rail hard about how they should be told no until they get the gently caress on with GTA 6 it’s been 10 years next month

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
RDR1 already exists on the perfect console. The PS3.

I like the idea of better resolution, framerate, the use of sleep mode to resume, and the ability to save clips natively on the ps4/5. I also have extremely low expectations for the port of it after the ports of GTA. I know it's a different studio handling this, but it doesn't particularly instill me with confidence.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t know how we ever used to live without rest mode and I will never not use it forever

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

dog nougat posted:

I like the idea of better resolution, framerate, the use of sleep mode to resume, and the ability to save clips natively on the ps4/5. I also have extremely low expectations for the port of it after the ports of GTA. I know it's a different studio handling this, but it doesn't particularly instill me with confidence.
The GTA ports would have been way better if they had just done nothing to them instead of "remastering" them, which is exactly what it seems like is being done to RDR1

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I set up my PS3 recently so I could play NCAA football so I’ll just run a fresh RDR on that. I’m surprised how well the system itself holds up (I never hated the XMB) and there’s a lot of decent games that are only on it or via streaming. I really want another Infamous.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

dog nougat posted:

From what I have read, the Red Dead re-release is 30 fps and the resolution is not upscaled lol. It's just a straight port of the PS3/360 game.

Also unrelated, but my staggeringly short playtime story is that the first time I played Skyrim I finished in 12 hours. I didn't like it that much (it did grow on me later. I played it again years later) so I just did the main quest and I think the mage side quest.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol you played 10% of Skyrim at best

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The last time I played it I put around 70 hours in. And then started it again modded up on PCVR a few years ago and played for another 30 or so. But that first time my attitude for some reason was "lets just get this over with"

Also when Demon's Souls came out it ruined me on other games for half a decade. Dark Souls released like a month before skyrim and it just made Skyrim feel woefully lame to me. I felt like whats the point of putting 100 hours in this game when it's not even challenging to just waltz through the main story if I skip almost everything.

Nowadays I like just chilling and enjoying a games content more. Tbh I didn't even really warm up to open world games until GTA5 in 2013. Always just thought it was sort of a vapid genre. Which generally, it is. I don't think I was wrong there. I'm still crazy picky about the genre but there's a bunch of open world games I love now. It helps that game worlds have become much much visually and mechanically interesting than they were early on.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

From what I have read, the Red Dead re-release is 30 fps and the resolution is not upscaled lol. It's just a straight port of the PS3/360 game.

The store page says PS4 Pro enhanced, so I would expect at least a resolution bump on that or the PS5 if nothing else. There’s no way it’s just gonna be an emulation or something. Right..?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

a primate posted:

I couldn't play it for more than ten minutes, it was just so generic and formulaic. Even the writing and individual spoken lines. Almost like it was AI-generated from design-by-committee samples.

It is a very tired series, it needs to be put out to pasture. There doesn't need to be a 7.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ll also throw in a Far Cry 6 anecdote by saying I really enjoyed 3 and 4, skipped 5, New Dawn was alright. I got 6 super cheap, cleared out the first island, and was bored to tears by it. Immediately sold it. Far Cry 6 ain’t it. It feels anemic and boring compared to the other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

man nurse posted:

The store page says PS4 Pro enhanced, so I would expect at least a resolution bump on that or the PS5 if nothing else. There’s no way it’s just gonna be an emulation or something. Right..?

I mean, that's the main reason it's so controversial aside from the baffling $50 price tag. It's possible R* has just communicated really poorly what the port actually entails, but everything I have read makes it sound like one of the laziest re-releases ever.

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redempt...2Dold%20assets.

man nurse posted:

I’ll also throw in a Far Cry 6 anecdote by saying I really enjoyed 3 and 4, skipped 5, New Dawn was alright. I got 6 super cheap, cleared out the first island, and was bored to tears by it. Immediately sold it. Far Cry 6 ain’t it. It feels anemic and boring compared to the other games.

Same, except I just got it free on PS extra. I don't think it's that it's even worse than the previous games. I just think Far Cry is just too stale at this point. it's hard to care about. The series hasn't had any interesting innovation since Far Cry 3 and it's not as visually impressive as it once was. 6 looks weirdly bland and muddy. I thought it played fine I just had a lot of trouble caring about it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 12, 2023