Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

robo-leia with laser beam eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The time they killed Chewie by dropping an entire moon on him.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Logged off SF6 since I was sick of fighting Kens and yet here we are.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Imagine hating Mattel this much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Roth posted:

Might I suggest watching the Fugitive Alien episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

the time han solo fistfought a giant jewel-encrusted space weasel

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're dancing

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
there was a major story arc called the Dark Nest Trilogy that involved telepathic alien bug nest orgies and jaina solo, leading directly into the legacy of the force series, the series which made mandalorians a thing beyond boba fett and is ultimately responsible for the tv show being possible X years later

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

“John, I’m only dancing (with a freaky space weasel)”, David Bowie, 1972

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Captain Invictus posted:

the time han solo fistfought a giant jewel-encrusted space weasel

Doesn't it turn out that the space weasel is Han Solo's buddy and they're actually playacting an arena fight as part of a plan to escape from captivity, or something? I just remember something about their actually being pals

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's all pretty quaint nowadays when the han solo of the modern age is literally Rocket Raccoon

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
gently caress Han Solo where is my Dash Rendar movie?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Leal posted:

gently caress Han Solo where is my Dash Rendar movie?
Dash Rendar/Kyle Katarn buddy movie where they compare beards and accidentally win the entire Galactic War single-handedly.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
just laid my head down on this absolute unit

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Violen posted:

just laid my head down on this absolute unit

Just a dirt dauber. Harmless cutie.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pokemon trading card game has been released on the switch gameboy emulator

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Pokemon trading card game has been released on the switch gameboy emulator

:letsgo:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
drat I really don't want to subscribe to nintendo online

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy moly someone mentioned this thread CPS Took my kids this morning: Do I have a legal leg to stand on? elsewhere and it is real bad, I'd never seen it before.

can't quote it because the thread's over a decade past at this point, but someone reposted some low resolution reuploads of the pictures the OP took and jesus christ it's bad. spoilering it because it's pretty nasty, cat poo poo and food all over the place

quote:

not quite total squalor(I have seen true squalor in person and it is GNARLY), but still super bad. I hope the OP lost their kids because small children do not deserve being raised in a household like that. also hope the OP got their poo poo together but probably not if they spent $2700 on a gaming PC rather than using that money to fix the literal rotting holes in their floor from a pipe leak

not sure why it was goldmined, like yeah the dude's a trainwreck but there's not a lot of lols to be had in that thread, just sadness when thinking about the conditions his kids had been living in, while his money went towards building a PC for his WoW addiction

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus posted:

holy moly someone mentioned this thread CPS Took my kids this morning: Do I have a legal leg to stand on? elsewhere and it is real bad, I'd never seen it before.

can't quote it because the thread's over a decade past at this point, but someone reposted some of the pictures the OP took and jesus christ it's bad. spoilering it because it's pretty nasty, cat poo poo and food all over the place

not quite total squalor(I have seen true squalor in person and it is GNARLY), but still super bad. I hope the OP lost their kids because small children do not deserve being raised in a household like that. also hope the OP got their poo poo together but probably not if they spent $2700 on a gaming PC rather than using that money to fix the literal rotting holes in their floor from a pipe leak

not sure why it was goldmined, like yeah the dude's a trainwreck but there's not a lot of lols to be had in that thread, just sadness when thinking about the conditions his kids had been living in, while his money went towards building a PC for his WoW addiction

It was gold mined because he turned his life around and got his kids back op

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

It was gold mined because he turned his life around and got his kids back op

That's actually fuckin awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, that's wonderful then. I swear there's been similar cases on SA of people NOT turning things around when in that sort of situation. did he post another thread about making a huge change like that, or is it in that thread, I only lightly skimmed it.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:stonk:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in one of the old star wars books han solo's daughter participates in a bug orgy

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah if I recall correctly the extremely negative response by goons and after consulting people they rearranged their priorities, got rid of the massive gaming rig, cleaned the place up and got their kid back, and they were making sure they raise her right. There was another thread or update to that thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what, han solo's daughter?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in the same trilogy luke gets molested by aliens after using the force to make himself look more attractive to them

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Invictus posted:

can't quote it because the thread's over a decade past at this point, but someone reposted some low resolution reuploads of the pictures the OP took and jesus christ it's bad. spoilering it because it's pretty nasty, cat poo poo and food all over the place

Weren't those pictures taken after their initial attempts at "cleaning up"?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in the same trilogy luke gets molested by aliens after using the force to make himself look more attractive to them

live by the laser sword die by the laser sword

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm still horrified at that goon's description of his house having "soft spots," areas where the floor is so rotten/water damaged that things just kind of sink into the wood, as though that's just a normal thing that happens to everyone with wooden floors.

steinrokkan posted:

Weren't those pictures taken after their initial attempts at "cleaning up"?

They were, and they're not the worst of it; the living room was just a hoarder pile of poo poo with a small radius of clear space around the (also disgusting) coffee table and the expensive gamer rig.

but yes it was goldmined because after the first round of dismissing everyone siding with the CPS agent, they actually stopped and started listening to people

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
S2E4 - "Valentiene's Day Special" - Leia Jr. participates in a bug orgy. Luke is molested by aliens after using the force to make himself look more attractive. funny man Don Rickles stops by to teach 3PO and the 'Bots about love on Earth.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Han Solo pawning his gaming rig and dutifully removing the cat poops off the floor

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I don't understand the reluctance to scoop except the sincere belief that aliens viewing the Earth will think your pet is the one in charge and you have to show dominance so the Earth isn't invaded. Even with that, It's a win-win situation.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Captain Invictus posted:

oh, that's wonderful then. I swear there's been similar cases on SA of people NOT turning things around when in that sort of situation. did he post another thread about making a huge change like that, or is it in that thread, I only lightly skimmed it.

He had a follow up thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499987

quote:

The next day after that hearing was actually the first time things got better. The head of our local CPS division personally took the case for our children and was a lot nicer than the original woman who came; I don't know what it was about her but she was able to flat out point out to us what was wrong and not do it in a way that made us hostile about it. She had suggestions and paperwork for us to go through and talked with us about what we thought was wrong, and why, and how we thought we could change it, and then provided new insights and viewpoints to get us along to where we needed to be.

Long story short, she had my wife go see a councilor to work through some of her issues (which for her privacy sake I won't list here, but it is obvious there were some), and had me go see one as well. After two sessions I went to see my doctor as she said it was apparent to her that my problems stemmed from deeper sources than what she could fix. Immediately I was put on two different anti-depressants and went on trial with them for a month each. After a month, I went on a different one as they weren't doing a whole lot, and a second pill for panic attacks; these worked wonderfully. I began to improve.

After three months of medication, seeing councilors, and talking/working with the woman from CPS our house was at the point they deemed acceptable to return the children to, so long as we kept working on the condition of the home and did not let it deteriorate. The amount of help this woman provided was immense; from helping us start up schedules, to just sorting out our lives and providing us with the information we needed to get back on track. She helped us get our son screened in a program called Birth to Three to make sure he was developing correctly, and helped us get our daughter into speech therapy in her school.

To make this long post shorter: things continued to improve. Around the time of her leaving the case and passing it on to another worker, this was the state of the house:

http://imgur.com/a/e5gUi

Finally at the end of June, the case was closed against us and CPS left.

quote:

What's all changed:

Our house is cleaner for one. We've since moved into subsidized apartments which have clean carpets. I would post pictures of it but while we were moving some clumsy rear end in a top hat dropped the box with the camera in it down the stairs and broke it. (namely me) We talked about buying a new one but couldn't come up with any decent reason to spending a couple hundred dollars on a digital camera again at this time.

My wife has a new job, she works overnights at wal-mart. I work there during the days now. We've paid back the vast majority of the debt we were in, and have finally gotten off of food stamps. It feels good really; we're working on our credit, and switched to a credit union here in town who gave us a loan for our car when the old one died. With the car loan to bolster our credit scores, we hope by next summer we can get a loan through a program called Habitat for Humanity here in town and actually get our own home to live in.

I cut my hair. I no longer have a ponytail. I actually switched up my eating habits as well and began to walk and ride bike nearly every day. Once school starts up here in a couple weeks I also plan to work out at the university's gym. I've dropped from a 4x t-shirt so far down to being able to comfortably wear a 3x. Not a huge improvement but it's a start.

I get up every morning at 6:30 A.M. now to wake up to pick my wife up from work. I get the kids up, get them dressed in clean clothes. Once she's home we all have breakfast together, and after that, when my wife lays down for bed (she works night shift like I said) I'll start what laundry there is to do. It's good to have a schedule, and now that everything is more under control and we're in our new apartment I feel a poo poo load less stressed.

(This is the original if anyone wants to see him get yelled at a lot: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453028)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I don't really want to see him get yelled at but it is very uplifting seeing the end results. That's the kind of chicken soup for the goon soul we need atm

until something very funny happens

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Not a SA legend but genuine lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9DooYaNjM

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

havent watch yet but does it have the time he tried to rage delete sf4 from his playstation and couldnt do it? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
get that rear end banned