Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

ah, finished act one ;)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
found out you can actually save the people wearing the hag's masks

just been murdering them this whole time. oops.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

right arm posted:

Lol I’m still in act 1 :(

Same.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mekchu posted:

found out you can actually save the people wearing the hag's masks

just been murdering them this whole time. oops.

How out of curiosity, best I could do was just knock them out and hope for the best lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

So, uh, how does this play with a controller

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

How out of curiosity, best I could do was just knock them out and hope for the best lol

apparently if you go to the "passives" tab and select 'non-lethal', and fight hands only/martial weapons (i only used hands) it knocks them out. if you don't turn 'non-lethal' on you still kill them. i found out about the non-lethal thing because i was jsut running around punching people who i wanted to save to death several times. lol

to save the hag folk heal them first so they're above 1hp (the masks do 1hp damage if you take them off) but don't take the masks off til you deal with auntie ethel first or else you'll kill them.

also i found a use for the badger, you use them to burrow to avoid guards/walls blocking your entrance

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 12, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think non-lethal outcomes work for anyone that's described as "temporarily hostile" on mouseover, but is basically equivalent to death for anyone else

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

P-Mack posted:

Takes a bit to get used to, but once you get the hang of it it's great.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

P-Mack posted:

It’s not bad, but I think mouse movement is better because the ai avoids traps and poo poo on the ground that you might not notice running around with the controller.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Mekchu posted:

apparently if you go to the "passives" tab and select 'non-lethal', and fight hands only/martial weapons (i only used hands) it knocks them out. if you don't turn 'non-lethal' on you still kill them. i found out about the non-lethal thing because i was jsut running around punching people who i wanted to save to death several times. lol

to save the hag folk heal them first so they're above 1hp (the masks do 1hp damage if you take them off) but don't take the masks off til you deal with auntie ethel first or else you'll kill them.

also i found a use for the badger, you use them to burrow to avoid guards/walls blocking your entrance

i saved them but had to rest because they were just laying there and i had no way to heal them so i had to rest to get spells back but after ir eloaded they were just got and i never got to talk to them lol ; _ ;

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dark Urge is tight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol. I just used Feather Fall to jump off a cliff and the log I landed on took damage and broke and I got trapped under a mountain.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

insane anime posted:

i saved them but had to rest because they were just laying there and i had no way to heal them so i had to rest to get spells back but after ir eloaded they were just got and i never got to talk to them lol ; _ ;

yeah same

Wormskull posted:

lol. I just used Feather Fall to jump off a cliff and the log I landed on took damage and broke and I got trapped under a mountain.

lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

". . . " I found some hidden mushrooms in the underdark growing on a cave wall w/ a dice roll that i had to cast increase jump on to use. once i got to the top of the cliff by mario jumping on the shrooms, i notice a mushroom / fairy ring. i go to use it but one of my characters succeeds another perception check to a false wall before i activate it. inside the false wall is a second ring of mushrooms that when used teleport you to another false wall that you can only get through by jumping and using the hags mask from so long ago..and you end up back in her lair. what in the hell lmfao bad rear end game

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's cool how much classic RPG poo poo people say to you like You are the Chosen One etc is sort of up to interpretation.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

". . . " I found some hidden mushrooms in the underdark growing on a cave wall w/ a dice roll that i had to cast increase jump on to use. once i got to the top of the cliff by mario jumping on the shrooms, i notice a mushroom / fairy ring. i go to use it but one of my characters succeeds another perception check to a false wall before i activate it. inside the false wall is a second ring of mushrooms that when used teleport you to another false wall that you can only get through by jumping and using the hags mask from so long ago..and you end up back in her lair. what in the hell lmfao bad rear end game

what the gently caress lol I found those mushrooms and couldn’t think of anything to do with them. that rules

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Waiting until the end of Morrowind month to get into this but can't wait. Been a Larian fan since the, uh, first Divinity 2 (the third Divinity game, not Original Sin 2, the sixth Divinity game) and if I wasn't I would probably be put off by the weird focus in marketing etc on all the stupid horny stuff but w/e. Going to play the gross druid that has too many spores

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

right arm posted:

what the gently caress lol I found those mushrooms and couldn’t think of anything to do with them. that rules

Ohhhh I found the other end of that teleport at her house but it seemed like just a sealed off room with no access to the rest of the underdark

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

not trying to be a douche but playing multiplayer on regular mode instead of hard and its a totally different game lol

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

that being said monk is freaking fun as hell

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

Yea.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just saw that the most played class is Paladin of all things and druid/cleric are the two bottom choices... Fail

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paladins get bonuses from being virtuous and stuff and people probably are doing Chill Crusader playthroughs or something. Or their from WoW lol.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Making a cleric to smite all the hosed up perverts infesting the world of faerun

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Paladins get bonuses from being virtuous and stuff and people probably are doing Chill Crusader playthroughs or something. Or their from WoW lol.

Apparently they don't even turn into blackguards if they stray from the path any more. I'm going to kill them

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
the game is really good

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Apparently they don't even turn into blackguards if they stray from the path any more. I'm going to kill them

Tf….? That was my plan

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The game suggests that you turn into something if you do that but I don't play clown classes.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Oathbreaker is always a fun DND class so it would be a shame if you couldn’t

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think you can do it but it's optional which bothers me. Your god coming down on you and being like "as my holy avenger you have strayed from the path, you are now an oathbreaker" and getting a "yes/no" option to respond lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think you can do it but it's optional which bothers me. Your god coming down on you and being like "as my holy avenger you have strayed from the path, you are now an oathbreaker" and getting a "yes/no" option to respond lol

lol geesh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

il ooked it up and its some dude at camp you talk to lol. paladin fail

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

warlock nd monk ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

warlock nd monk ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wow the underdark kicks loving rear end...

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

Lol my ******** orc barbarian found the laughing monk amulet and is cursed

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

right arm posted:

Lol my ******** orc barbarian found the laughing monk amulet and is cursed

ruh roh :D

Having fun figuring out alll the secrets in the arcane tower in the underdark

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

It's cool how much classic RPG poo poo people say to you like You are the Chosen One etc is sort of up to interpretation.

my pc will sometimes say something like 'why does this have to happen to me?' when wandering around lol

insane anime posted:

monk is the best