Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Awful close to that guy

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Nope nope nope...

until upon rewatch noticed the puddle.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Armacham posted:

Hardspace: TruckFuckler

Carspace: Whipbreaker

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Better be a sign on this house that says "If you lived here you'd be home by now"

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

I think its called degloving.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Can't reside there mate

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Can't reside there mate

If my guess about the situation is correct, that's probably exactly what the government and land developers told the homeowners.

If it happened in China I can imagine they had to deal with a lot of threats and intimidation attempts, too.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Runa posted:

If it happened in China I can imagine they had to deal with a lot of threats and intimidation attempts, too.

China is one of the few places where landowners can actually do that. In most western countries the land would have been compulsorily acquired.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

China is one of the few places where landowners can actually do that. In most western countries the land would have been compulsorily acquired.

swings and roundabouts I suppose

It's definitely made for some incredibly dramatic photos of holdout houses

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
As TR said, “speak softly and carry a big stick”.

People are ready to overlook the use of the stick, so long as it does not turn into a spectacle.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

It's OK, just a truck shedding it's skin.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

He was no angel

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a smooth criminal.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Platystemon posted:

It’s a smooth criminal.

:vince:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

that truck's rear end fell out

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

FuturePastNow posted:

Virtual Railfan caught a quality truckfuckling today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhvgRNVPFQ

He doesn't pull forward because he's wanting to make an immediate left turn.

good awareness from the other cars there realizing they need to get the gently caress out of the way

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hilario Baldness posted:

Nope nope nope...

until upon rewatch noticed the puddle.

It's ice.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://youtu.be/6ALw5cHF2Rk?t=165

Which drill makes the best saw? Safety squint the entire time you watch.

Edit: I should have linked to the money shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ALw5cHF2Rk&t=420s

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 12, 2023

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the top fell off

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct-C0mzrGPA/

New take on a classic

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ha, that’s outside the Booneville Bar in Iowa, I live like a couple miles from there (more importantly, can get there via gravel road/golf cart) and it was the most exciting thing in forever.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/T5IZFc8.mp4

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Hell yes.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxTlqS_zcZNk5GesQG8pvbba3FY3yGZ2Xv

Don't mind me, just boiling some gasoline in an electric kettle powered by a running generator two feet away

Ah, smells wonderful

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

selling and using these things should absolutely be illegal and that guy is a huge tool.

selling and using these things should absolutely be legal and that guy is rad as hell

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dad reflexes, now in potato quality:
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rz9q143qzb1r0uzl6.mp4

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I caught my niece after she back flipped off the couch as a 1 year old. :angel:

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Your not her dad so it doesn't count. Sorry.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

OSHA caterpillar

Saddleback Caterpillar

Caterpillars are pretty OSHA as many of the hairy varieties can cause serious eye irritation or even blindness; my uncle has a gross milky blind eye from caterpillar hairs. He's also a convicted child molester which is a whole other OSHA category I'd guess?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

selling and using these things should absolutely be legal and that guy is rad as hell

Remember the buildup by Kamen to the Segway around the turn of the millenium as a world changing device and what an utter non starter that was?

This implementation could actually supplant the car in a lot of ways for super cheap if a bunch of things

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It looks like it's just a scooter drivetrain bolted to the bottom of a wheelbarrow shape, and the controls were moved to the rear.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Remember the buildup by Kamen to the Segway around the turn of the millenium as a world changing device and what an utter non starter that was?

This implementation could actually supplant the car in a lot of ways for super cheap if a bunch of things

Has anything even approached that level of hype since?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Has anything even approached that level of hype since?

The whole thing about AI maybe.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

That one at the airport at 44 seconds. That dude has to have been in motion before the baby fell, there's no way he could go from casually standing to outstretched dive that fast.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

I essentially tackled my daughter at Thanksgiving when she was 2 to stop her from climbing onto an open oven door. We were inches away from an ER visit. I didn't have a super long distance to cover, but I still don't think I've ever moved that fast in my life.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Dysgenesis posted:

Your not her dad so it doesn't count. Sorry.
And honestly pretty lovely to deny her father the chance to catch her. Probably created a pretty deep rift between them.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I’ve definitely had some moments where im suddenly holding one of my kids by their shirt or pants with absolutely zero memory of moving to grab them from some impending disaster. Its a pretty cool superpower not withstanding the existential dread letdown that comes along with it after it gets used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Dude is rad. I feel like this is just the natural evolution of combining a sulky (the little trailer for you to stand on) off a walk behind mower and the advent of powered wheel barrows. Although his looks home made and like it has scooter running gear. We were running sulkies years ago and their pretty common, both from manufactuterers and home made. It means you have to keep your brakes well mainted on your mower, and until you get good with them, it's easy to eat poo poo, but they are loving great.