Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Have Brighton decided where Caicedo is going yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oh no a small fine for FFP breaches.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1690318076070490112

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Will be lol if Kane continues the Spurs tradition of winning trophies as soon as he leaves Spurs

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dave Angel posted:

Will be lol if Kane continues the Spurs tradition of winning trophies as soon as he leaves Spurs

It's literally going to happen today lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Is it possible to NOT win trophies if you play for Bayern? The Spurs DNA can't be that strong TBF.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I’ll pretend the German charity shield is a great trophy for the sake of this being funny

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the last time bayern didn't win anything was the 11/12 season (they were runners up in the league, pokal and CL lol)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Courtois apparently did his ACL, and Neuer is still in recovery from his skiing accident. Weird, but here we are.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

harperdc posted:

Courtois apparently did his ACL, and Neuer is still in recovery from his skiing accident. Weird, but here we are.

In what world is Kepa worth big money over any keeper you can think of?

Is Henderson still languishing at Utd?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

wooger posted:

He's not worth 70-whatever mil, but he's remade himself into a p good keeper. Add in that Tommy Tooks knows him already and how well buying Chelsea's last keeper went for Real and, while I'm not saying it makes objective sense, you can see why it's shaking out that way, since who else is near that good and isn't a team's solid #1?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

wooger posted:

According to the athletic it’s a loan which makes more sense

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve also heard permanent.

He’s on huge wages so they’ve wanted him out for a while. I can’t see a loan because would leave us short handed for no good reason and I think Marcus Bettinelli is injured. If the club loans him, unless it’s with a big obligation, it’s our stupidest move yet.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

He's not worth 70-whatever mil, but he's remade himself into a p good keeper. Add in that Tommy Tooks knows him already and how well buying Chelsea's last keeper went for Real and, while I'm not saying it makes objective sense, you can see why it's shaking out that way, since who else is near that good and isn't a team's solid #1?

David de Gea is available!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Raya?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

I’ll pretend the German charity shield is a great trophy for the sake of this being funny

same lol

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

hadji murad posted:

I’ve also heard permanent.

He’s on huge wages so they’ve wanted him out for a while. I can’t see a loan because would leave us short handed for no good reason and I think Marcus Bettinelli is injured. If the club loans him, unless it’s with a big obligation, it’s our stupidest move yet.

Based on his time at Boro being injured and putting an outfield player in net might be an upgrade over Bettinelli

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

we just took Raya!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Thanks Ants posted:

only if he unironically dedicates the trophy to all the spurs fans

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Galatasaray got Icardi for good huh? I really thought he'd be gone back to PSG since he utterly stomped through the Turkish league. Now he gets to stay and get worshipped by rabid Turkish fans instead of ???

And Zaha too lol. I thought Fenerbahce was going to get him but maybe the prospect of actually playing in a CL match was too alluring. And maybe he heard good things about it from Drogba or something idk

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Real gonna finish 6th

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1690401223168380928

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s weird because I thought Chelsea were just starting to rate Kepa again

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah but it’s Chelsea, someone has seen a shinier looking object so they’ve decided they need to have that

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Who is going to be their keeper?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

notaspy posted:

Who is going to be their keeper?

Robert Sanchez or they buy a new one.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I somehow completely missed that Mendy hosed off to Saud, but I guess Kepa did pip him for first choice last year

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I somehow completely missed that Mendy hosed off to Saud, but I guess Kepa did pip him for first choice last year

he's had a hell of a start, too

https://twitter.com/worldofootball_/status/1690082995875516416

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ManagingBarca/status/1690419408139681792

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

only if he unironically dedicates the trophy to all the spurs fans
And those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1690392188494995456

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Coulda been having fun with his pals beating Luton 4-1 today but nooooo

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Xabi posted:

And those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

he's going to dedicate it to captain tom

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1690422129450225664

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I thought he retired

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

I thought he retired

That was his father

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/MadridXtra/status/1690438730316701696

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love silly season so much

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

PSG and/or Mbappe have hosed that so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I recognize that Chelsea are bad and fail, and that they're owned by an American who just yells 'HOWDY DOODY' and shoots two six-shooters into the sky all day, and that Kepa is a big dumb clown who refused to be subbed off for penalties and then lost the penalties

but I am genuinely not following why you would loan out your £70m first-team keeper without any buy obligation in order to bring in a lad who Leicester City didn't think was good enough for them any more