Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Evil Kit posted:

The intended way to find it is to beat the campaign and use the Explorer class you acquire to locate it that highlights treasure. So it is a little more organic than just shove your face into every nook.

If you are trying to do the game blind though def be careful looking in the thread now lol. Folks have stopped spoilering things.

Yeah but don't you have to get the explorer class to 10 to get the find treasure skill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Hackan Slash posted:

Yeah but don't you have to get the explorer class to 10 to get the find treasure skill?

Yeah, what's your point?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Im pretty amazed at how much variation there is between runs of the same world, I've been back to Losomn like 3 times on a higher difficulty since passing it in story mode and every time I go I end up seeing something completely new.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

yeah the amount of levels and the fact that there are 2 main storylines per region is pretty neat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you aren't going to find everything blind because that precludes ever getting archon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got an unarmed bonus ring and now I have a gimmick run planned.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Question: are there any NPCs/vendors/events outside of Losomn that will use items from other worlds for unique rewards?

I know Nightweaver's Web has unique rewards when you exchange specific quest items the other two worlds, and then Nimue will swap one of those for a new one. Is there anyone else? It seems like I need two Override Pins and one Kolket's Razor to get everything. Since those unique items are quest rewards, do I need to roll the requisite encounters across worlds all in a single campaign?

vvv e: nice! I also know about a plantable tree and how to get to the seemingly inaccessible items visible from a window in Ward 13. Think that’s all I’ve heard of. vvv

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 12, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

poor life choice posted:

Question: are there any NPCs/vendors/events outside of Losomn that will use items from other worlds for unique rewards?

I know Nightweaver's Web has unique rewards when you exchange specific quest items the other two worlds, and then Nimue will swap one of those for a new one. Is there anyone else? It seems like I need two Override Pins and one Kolket's Razor to get everything. Since those unique items are quest rewards, do I need to roll the requisite encounters across worlds all in a single campaign?

Another cross-world piece of business involving the Nightweaver is how you get one of the Archetypes. After obtaining the Dreamcatcher by placing the completed Nightweaver statue in her web, you'll unlock an opportunity on Root Earth, the final world. In the second zone, there's a round arena-like space that serves as a dead end. It contains the Escalation Protocol, an amulet, leaning up against the fossilised corpse of a Root Walker (the huge quadrupedal enemy-summoners) surrounded in blue mist. Use your melee attack on that corpse with the Dreamcatcher, and you'll attain a usable item that teleports you to the drea-world of the dead Walker, Bane. Kill it, and you'll receive the Wooden Shiv, which can be taken to Wallace to obtain the Invader Archetype. Oh, and don't worry if Bane and his many summoned buddies kill you - you can just go back to his corpse in the real world and grab another teleport item with the Dreamcatcher.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hackan Slash posted:

You mean the thing someone might do after beating the game and getting a neat new class? The type of person to keep playing after beating the campaign will probably take the time to level it.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you aren't going to find everything blind because that precludes ever getting archon.

Sure at the moment there's no way to do it unless you're explicitly told but it seems more like a bonus class the devs put it to keep data mining folks distracted. I'd bet a chunk of money that Gunfire Studios eventually adds in a way to learn how to get it in game with a patch eventually.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Evil Kit posted:

You mean the thing someone might do after beating the game and getting a neat new class? The type of person to keep playing after beating the campaign will probably take the time to level it.

I beat the game and then immediately switched to Explorer. I was able to beat every world story i hadn't seen and I was still only level 7. Expecting people to get to 10 is a big ask.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hackan Slash posted:

I beat the game and then immediately switched to Explorer. I was able to beat every world story i hadn't seen and I was still only level 7. Expecting people to get to 10 is a big ask.

Slam on the Sage Stone, drink some Mudtooth's exp tonic (preferably have alchemist at 10 and put it on when you drink) and go do some adventures? I've gotten a few engrams to level 10 now, it's not that long. On top of that you'll probably have plenty of easy stuff to find still while you get there.

like sure it takes some playtime but there is an organic way to find the Engineer armor that doesn't require spoilers :shrug:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Grr I'm so mad this fun game is designed in a way that if I played it organically I'd keep finding things to do!

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I just finished the intro and was brought back to the beginning where you're walking with Cass again, except she won't follow me through the doors. She just stands there outside the entrance ways and won't follow me. Has anyone had this glitch before? It's really annoying because I can't even progress through the game. Sorry if that has been asked already.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I've run into random XP hackers multiple times, when they weren't the type that immediately friendly fires you to death I immediately swapped out my archetypes to get everything insta-levelled as they ran around one-shotting poo poo. There's enough good content here in getting the obscure gear and upgrade mats, I feel absolutely fine dodging the XP grind opportunistically.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If I had one complaint about the game it's that there could be more variety for the long corridor sections and normal enemy variety in those, the boss fights are all top notch stuff and full of eldritch horrors and puzzle bosses or survival sections, but normie enemies are slightly lacking, bloodborn town just has dran, jellyfish and fae grunts and archers as the majority of enemies with little variation outside of the elites and tanky on-fire guys, bloodborn town also has way too many ladders for sometimes optional loot.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Losomn is my least favorite world until you get into the Fae palace. The city streets and sewers are the weakest parts of the game for me.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Unperson_47 posted:

Losomn is my least favorite world until you get into the Fae palace. The city streets and sewers are the weakest parts of the game for me.

I've only seen a few areas but I'm glad I got Losomn first since it was pretty familiar and what I expected which led to me being very confused when I saw the other stuff the game had to offer.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is it normal for NPCs in Ward 13 to forget you've talked to them before? I think it's something weird with multiplayer, it feels like every time I come back after playing with a full the NPCs introduce themselves to me again.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

EC posted:

Is it normal for NPCs in Ward 13 to forget you've talked to them before? I think it's something weird with multiplayer, it feels like every time I come back after playing with a full the NPCs introduce themselves to me again.

Yes, and we should keep tally of the number of times Gunfire claims to have fixed that bug. Not sure what caused it.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

first campaign run I got Nerud to begin and I was super into the aesthetic

until I got outside and found the vomit clouds.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I just got to the Root Nexus boss fight and I'm pulling my hair out. Not sure how I'm supposed to do this solo when it spawns in a seemingly unlimited amount of the spiky ball monsters than stun lock me so that the elites it ALSO spawns in can kill me. 😭

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

N'erud needed one of its "open" world zones to be the giant spires with skypaths running around and through them, instead of both zones being the same dull boring desert. Fantastic skybox, meh landscape.

EC posted:

Evil Kit posted:

Yes, and we should keep tally of the number of times Gunfire claims to have fixed that bug. Not sure what caused it.

I've been playing solo since the first ~week and I notice it regularly happening still. Seems to be related to switching to/from adventure mode, which probably counts as a campaign "reset" flag of sorts.

EC posted:

I just got to the Root Nexus boss fight and I'm pulling my hair out. Not sure how I'm supposed to do this solo when it spawns in a seemingly unlimited amount of the spiky ball monsters than stun lock me so that the elites it ALSO spawns in can kill me. 😭
It's not an unlimited amount - the spawns happen in waves as the boss itself hits certain HP breakpoints. Melee it down to a breakpoint, kill all the summons, heal up, repeat. The final wave is kind of elite-heavy admittedly, think I got 5 back to back?
Having a turret or dog or summon around to help pull aggro is very useful, but there is a nice piece of high ground in one of the corners of the arena that you can abuse to make the enemies path predictably.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Well I feel super dumb. I was using the Nightweaver's mod and doing almost half of its HP bar in damage before the fight began, which caused a zillion dudes to spawn once the fight did begin. 😂

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

EC posted:

Well I feel super dumb. I was using the Nightweaver's mod and doing almost half of its HP bar in damage before the fight began, which caused a zillion dudes to spawn once the fight did begin. 😂

Hah, I had a similar experience. Was leveling gunslinger/hunter at the time and so I had a huge amount of burst damage with a mod active. I just tunnel visioned the boss expecting everything to disappear when it did (which is what normally happens). Took my time and things went a lot better.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Quick question because I tried Googling for it but couldn’t find a clear answer. Can I maintain my current campaign after beating the game, or does it reset? I ask because I’m on Root Earth now, and I want to get the Invader archetype, but don’t have Dreamcatcher (got the other storyline in my run). I know I have to use Dreamcatcher in Root Earth to get Invader, and I don’t want to have to replay an entire other campaign just to get back there, so just wondering if I should pause now and get Dreamcatcher in Adventure or is it safe to beat the game first?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

qbert posted:

Quick question because I tried Googling for it but couldn’t find a clear answer. Can I maintain my current campaign after beating the game, or does it reset? I ask because I’m on Root Earth now, and I want to get the Invader archetype, but don’t have Dreamcatcher (got the other storyline in my run). I know I have to use Dreamcatcher in Root Earth to get Invader, and I don’t want to have to replay an entire other campaign just to get back there, so just wondering if I should pause now and get Dreamcatcher in Adventure or is it safe to beat the game first?

Beating the game doesn't reset your progress; you have to deliberately re-roll your campaign at the World stone. You are still free to do whatever you miss and do and re-roll adventure mode runs and such until then.

Damone
May 3, 2009
Just head into adventure mode to grab the Dreamcatcher and then back into your main campaign to go to root earth and get that archetype. If you reset your campaign you have to clear all worlds again to get access to it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Unperson_47 posted:

Beating the game doesn't reset your progress; you have to deliberately re-roll your campaign at the World stone. You are still free to do whatever you miss and do and re-roll adventure mode runs and such until then.

Ah thanks. I wanted to level up Explorer while doing Adventure stuff which is why I wanted to beat the game first and then go get Dreamcatcher/Invader.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Game is janky as gently caress. The Labyrinth is the worst level I've done in a videogame in recent memory. Platforms that don't appear, weird areas, scripted bridges that don't work. So much jank.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Kawabata posted:

Game is janky as gently caress. The Labyrinth is the worst level I've done in a videogame in recent memory. Platforms that don't appear, weird areas, scripted bridges that don't work. So much jank.

LMAO they put a shockingly terrible boss at the end of the shittiest level. I'm just baffled. Gameplay wise the game is slowly growing on me but drat there are some absolutely unforgivable dogshit moments.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I love the labyrinth, it's got nice visual design and there's tons of cool jumping and platforming puzzles, and nice rewards. The cube boss rocks.

I only dislike the elites there, some of the more annoying ones in the game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Yeah the Labyrinth was great. Short and sweet, can be in and out of there in less than 30 minutes on replays, good jumping puzzles and secrets to find.

Sentinel themself is an incredibly fair fight. Every mechanic has a crystal clear visual and audio cue. There’s no variation to patterns. It’s a fun curveball and not very hard if you just slow down and read the information the fight is presenting you with.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the bleed chains mod would probably be overpowered if it worked consistently, except it's a coinflip whether it will work or whether it will do nothing with enemies directly in the middle of the screen 5m away, either not triggering the animation at all or locking you into it but with no effect. Feels like they knew and just gave it an extremely low mod power requirement as a bandaid. sometimes the tremor mod also just bounces around on the floor and then vanishes without ever triggering. this was less annoying before I started using archon and it became an important part of damage.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

It’s a fun curveball and not very hard if you just slow down and read the information the fight is presenting you with.

"A curveball"? It's an appallingly bad boss fight people are returning the game for. I can't even begin to think how frustrating it has to be on apocalypse. You get sucker punched by cubes from all directions, instakilled by them rolling, and the last cube has its weak spot constantly against a loving wall.

It's also wildly out of place for this game. I don't want to do cube puzzles for bosses man, why is this even in the game. :shrug:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't think apocalypse would change much since you can just shoot the small projectiles out of the air. only the purple damage field would be worse.

there's a secret elsewhere in the labyrinth that lets you permanently destroy one of the weak spots that can end up against a wall.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Owl Inspector posted:

there's a secret elsewhere in the labyrinth that lets you permanently destroy one of the weak spots that can end up against a wall.

I guess I'll just watch some videos because this boss is hell on earth. I can't shoot the last weak spot because it never shows.

EDIT: lol any video guide on this gets downvoted to poo poo because of the boss hahahahaha

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kawabata posted:

I guess I'll just watch some videos because this boss is hell on earth. I can't shoot the last weak spot because it never shows.

EDIT: lol any video guide on this gets downvoted to poo poo because of the boss hahahahaha

Cheat. It's what I did.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Cheat. It's what I did.

how, I'm on PS5

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I don't like the Cube Boss, but I respect it. I die a bunch because I'm dumb as poo poo, the boss never does anything unexpected, and you can either shoot down the projectiles or just tank them and heal through it. You can clear a bunch of the weak spots from the first room, and if you get the 1 weak spot on that cube that goes up against the doorway to the right, that's pretty consistently a safe zone. From there you can take your time and see how the cubes move, get to the last cube, and find somewhere safe to wait for its last weak point to show itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's amazing because I think the cube fight is one of the best boss fights around, it does require some minor brain power to not get stomped over and over so of course a lot of people will complain about it, it is incredibly easy to do too if you just take note of which squares have a safe hole to sit in and you shoot the damaging projectiles before they hit you.

I'd love to see what sections you consider "janky and platforms that don't appear and scripts that don't work"