Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Paul Vallas Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Thinking of heading to Vikings training camp tomorrow. That's it.

Lucky

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

No one's defending Velus Jones or even saying he should get the traditional 3 years to develop. I think he should be cut, because he cannot field a punt, which is his only job.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY INC

gently caress YEAH TYSON BAGENT

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

sweet geek swag posted:

No one's defending Velus Jones or even saying he should get the traditional 3 years to develop. I think he should be cut, because he cannot field a punt, which is his only job.

Yeah he's not making the team.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jim Miller looks like JB Pritzker now

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Roschon Johnson looks legit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Chicago Bears of Arlington Heights are undefeated!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1690469640252600320

This is a very funny tweet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Dexo posted:

Yeah he's not replacing "Great" Nate Peterman as the starting quarterback for your 2023 Chicago Bears

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

What's his passer rating?
Is it perfect? Didn't think so.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
People who attend packers games: is $150 for section 107, row 16, a good deal? Nov 19 if time of the year makes a difference. Seems like it but idk

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
That’s a pretty good price this far out. You might be able to get similar tickets cheaper closer to gameday but it’s a gamble.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Man $150 is a good price in almost any stadium these days.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Probably depends on if the Packers only have three wins by that point, but I don’t think it would get much lower.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Paul Vallas Jones

might be the meanest thing said about a football player in this thread

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ah gently caress

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1690709795400290304

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pontius Pilate posted:

People who attend packers games: is $150 for section 107, row 16, a good deal? Nov 19 if time of the year makes a difference. Seems like it but idk

107 is a great section, I've been seated there several times. You get an unexpectedly good view of the field. Honestly it's hard to go wrong with location at Lambeau, nearly every section gets a great view. The only areas I'd avoid are close to the field, and that's mostly because I prefer from-above views.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SirPablo posted:

Thinking of heading to Vikings training camp tomorrow. That's it.

SirPablo posted:

Ah gently caress

Weather boy owned by weather. A tragic tale

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Weather boy owned by weather. A tragic tale

Who could have seen this coming?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
lol at the replies to the cancellation. yes them not wanting to practice in bad weather is why they won’t win the super bowl this year you figured it out twitter guy

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Pontius Pilate posted:

Based solely on Soldier Field pricing those tickets sound like a steal. I'm really surprised you can get in the door at Lambeau for under $200 considering its reputation

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

ghosthorse posted:

lol at the replies to the cancellation. yes them not wanting to practice in bad weather is why they won’t win the super bowl this year you figured it out twitter guy

Might as well put skirts on 'em

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Can't believe the vikings went woke

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Yea would rather see the headline "Jefferson Likely to Miss Week 1 Due To Slip".

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ghosthorse posted:

Correct they won't win the Super Bowl because they're the Vikings

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rectal Placenta posted:

Might as well put skirts on 'em

Practice to be replaced by all-roster production of Guys & Dolls.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Packers moved Kenny Clark to DE in the base defense. Always a cause of concern when you move an elite guy out of his normal spot, although at least playing base defense isn’t common. But at least Slaton the new starting NT looked the part in his limited time in the Bengals game.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you can't catch a 2 inch hail to the face how are you going to catch a football?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

Packers moved Kenny Clark to DE in the base defense. Always a cause of concern when you move an elite guy out of his normal spot, although at least playing base defense isn’t common. But at least Slaton the new starting NT looked the part in his limited time in the Bengals game.

This kinda reminds me of when the Packers moved Clay from edge to ILB.

I think the hypothesis is with Clark's enormous size and strength, between him and Wyatt, the opposing tackles will be too busy blocking them to be able to account for Smith/Gary.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I don't think it matters all that much given how much time the defense is in subpackages

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Brrrmph posted:

Probably depends on if the Packers only have three wins by that point, but I don’t think it would get much lower.

They’ll be nine games in so hopefully at least still in the hunt, or whatever. Figured week 18, cold as gently caress, and like 3-13 would be the only time they really get cheaper, so thanks for confirming y’all. Worst case, should be relatively easy to sell. Look forward to being one of seven chargers fans there

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

Correct they won't win the Super Bowl because they're the Vikings

I dunno I'm two episodes into a documentary about the Vikings and I like their chances

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

MJeff posted:

Practice to be replaced by all-roster production of Guys & Dolls.

Cousins would be a dynamite General, though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SirPablo posted:

Yea would rather see the headline "Jefferson Likely to Miss Week 1 Due To Slip".

Vikings are still too stubborn to change cleats when a field is wet.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hope these go up for sale

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1690427176850731009?s=20

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Bears season might have peaked real early:

https://twitter.com/Josh_Frydman/status/1690799508500713472

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I want the thread to answer honestly, and it's ok if you didn't but before Saturday, who had heard of the term "air yards" before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

HootTheOwl posted:

I want the thread to answer honestly, and it's ok if you didn't but before Saturday, who had heard of the term "air yards" before?

I had, and it’s not an uncommon phrase, but it will only ever get brought up if someone has a game that’s nothing but deep bombs or nothing but dumpoffs. You will never hear it mentioned in any normal game.