Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

That DICK! posted:

lol every one in that thread seems mad annoying

That thread was extremely miserable and had the worst posters screaming at each other all day long. Cum was probably the best poster in that thread because he actually contributed content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I love how big Jomboy has gotten, his stuff always made suffering through seasons of watching the Phillies lose a bit easier

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol'd remembering atomic hearts and the hysteria involving it

Nothing will ever beat blizzard hatred for years snd diablo4 immediate fold

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mycot posted:

Yeah it was just, people would come out swinging for no reason, I don't even remember the subjects that set it off most of the time. For some reason the meltdown I remember is someone getting very intensely weird about the C-list video game youtuber Angry Joe (who is Puerto Rican), because if he lived in Mexico (which he does not) he would be a privileged lightskin and be a racist piece of poo poo?

whoa memory unlocked lmao

i remember that guy also being an Aspiring Youtube Video Essayist

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Good soup! posted:

I love how big Jomboy has gotten, his stuff always made suffering through seasons of watching the Phillies lose a bit easier

he's hilarious

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m not even into sports really but his videos are extremely entertaining

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAkZ8HXTmXw&t=63s

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ka9VM7F2Y

YOUUUUUU

YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m not even into sports really but his videos are extremely entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HpCQak9AQ

He's even good when he doesnt understand tje sport

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lol. My kids are digging this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lmfao. Jomboy ftw

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
His lipreads are amazing. THAT'S HORSESHIT! YOU'RE TERRIBLE

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

jomboy, and baseball,... ftw

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

looking at the latest ban in the LC also let me rubberneck at someone doing the epic callout of the poster with the utena villain name and does anyone have the big long seth post where he also did that. :thanks:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

looking at the latest ban in the LC also let me rubberneck at someone doing the epic callout of the poster with the utena villain name and does anyone have the big long seth post where he also did that. :thanks:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So now that this has been resolved, I do have a question about the OP that's been weighing on me since you posted your last thread. I want to say that I realize as a mod there's going to be the inevitable comments and such, which I know are coming and resigned myself to.

I need to preface this by saying I like anime. I watch it (Attack on Titan and Spy x Family right now, finished Psycho Pass Season 1 a while back). It's something to watch when I'm bored or I just need to veg out for a while. When I saw your username and profile pic, I was like "Wonder what anime it is" and googled your username. OP, I absolutely wish I hadn't because my life was richer and fuller before I found out.

I guess this brings me to this question: out of all the anime characters out there that you could have chosen from all the animes that exist in the world, is there a particular reason you chose the one who continually rapes his underage sister and is part of the plotline of the entire show?

According to the wikis that I read, at least: https://utena.fandom.com/wiki/Akio_Ohtori

From another wiki: https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Akio_Ohtori

Under this wiki, his hobbies are listed as "seducing women" and "sexually abusing his sister".

The 14 year old sister in question: https://utena.fandom.com/wiki/Anthy_Himemiya

I could be absolutely wrong! Maybe I looked up the websites of two people who hate the show and are trying to destroy it for whatever reason. If I am, I absolutely and sincerely apologize and retract anything I said here. Or maybe I totally misread it. I've been known to misunderstand things occasionally.

If not, I mean, were there other characters you could have used? I'm sure these two are not the only characters in the entire anime. I didn't know what this anime was and now I know what to avoid in the future. Even if you want to go with the argument "she's an immortal witch and not really 14" (I have no idea if this is true or not) you still have the problem that part of the plot of your avatar is the continual rape of his sister, which, not cool!

So that's my question to you, I suppose. I'm curious about your answer. I'd also like to point out that I'm not picking on you personally, but the forums have had a fraught history with underage anime poo poo and uh, probably not good to add to that.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao how is the doctor murder guy not a perma?

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

this video is my life

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Because the COVID thread deserves to be preserved

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it was in the seattle lan thread lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Were they trying to riff off of the Costco "I should murder the cheesemongers" guy or is this just a totally unrelated "I should shoot up some doctors" guy? Either way, Jeff should probably be giving that thread the side eye

E: lol NM, totally unrelated crazy person I guess. That should absolutely be a perma wtf

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't post in that thread ftw

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Were they trying to riff off of the Costco "I should murder the cheesemongers" guy or is this just a totally unrelated "I should shoot up some doctors" guy? Either way, Jeff should probably be giving that thread the side eye

honestly it reads as a joke to me and i clicked like three pages back in their post history, it all seemed pretty innocuous and not covid related by maybe i missed something. anyway. love posts.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thank you.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lobster shirt posted:

I'm dumb and got it confused

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lobster shirt posted:

honestly it reads as a joke to me and i clicked like three pages back in their post history, it all seemed pretty innocuous and not covid related by maybe i missed something. anyway. love posts.

Ok then. Recent events have made me a little cagey. Never mind.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lobster shirt posted:

Yeah that seems like a joke post lol. Someone should tell fd. Not me though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

lol again

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
akio ohtori must be killed

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he had to scratch his leg and it was satisfying

This

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the author is very into vore he he wants to be eaten by a titan for real

Also I seem to recall a goon saying it was pro trump because there is a big wall and then there are human like invaders who want to bypass the wall and eat everything

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah that seems like a joke post lol. Someone should tell fd. Not me though.

Maybe, but it sure is a dumb post to just throw out there considering how many people are saying very similar psycho stuff, joke or not. Not surprising he was destroyed (temporarily) for it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you always gotta post assuming some guy with this level of comprehension could be deciding your fate

Kchama posted:

Maybe, but it sure is a dumb post to just throw out there considering how many people are saying very similar psycho stuff, joke or not. Not surprising he was destroyed (temporarily) for it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Leal posted:

Also I seem to recall a goon saying it was pro trump because there is a big wall and then there are human like invaders who want to bypass the wall and eat everything

I do think the first season of the anime being the only adapted material for so long contributed to the problem, because it ends at pretty much the last point where you can easily think that the series is ooh rah military versus the evil horde.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

/
Seth Peckinsniff

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

you always gotta post assuming some guy with this level of comprehension could be deciding your fate

I'm not agreeing that he SHOULD be destroyed, just that it wasn't surprising that FD destroyed him for it at first look. Like literally two days ago someone was given a permaprobation for a very similar looking post, one that was definitely not a joke.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 13, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Leal posted:

lol attack on titan started in 2009. insane take, but i totally believe someone is stupid enough to think it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ban reason: "Implying shooting doctors over covid is not okay."

lol unfortunate misphrase there fluffdaddy

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
As a note I did send a PM to Fluffdaddy telling him to take a second look and make sure it is a fair and just punishment.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

That DICK! posted:

lol every one in that thread seems mad annoying

On one hand, sometimes someone posts an interesting video about how deep a media thing you like is, validating you by extension. On the other, sometimes people post their mental health crises or roll into the thread to unpack their emotional baggage about a random youtube talking head. It's a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
being annoying in the online creators thread ftw