Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the newspaper origin recaps tend to skip uncle ben, which is very appropriate. it's not like peter remembers, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apparently that's because Aunt May looked fondly at a photo of Ben once and remembered being happy and in love, and Peter flew into a rage and destroyed every photo.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You guys are really going to defend that hag after she has spent years trying to make everyone around her as miserable as she is.

" I would like to be happy Peter, but Spider-Man exists, so we should all be terrified and upset at all times."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MorningMoon posted:

Funny you should say that, I was planning on going a strip a day from this part forward so we can all experience the twists and turns this wedding build takes

drat it Aunt May, get off the BBS!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

:3:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why did she invite jjj. even if he wasn't so much himself, it would still be weird to invite your boss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aunt May: After you told me what you and your fiance's desires for your wedding would be, I made sure to ignore that and do what I thought your wedding should be like instead!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I love the art in these. It looks like the linework didn't entirely survive unscathed but it's very dynamic and the faces are nice and cartoony.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

why did she invite jjj. even if he wasn't so much himself, it would still be weird to invite your boss.

"I'm writing this off as a business expense, Parker! Here's your wedding gift: a new fax machine. Also, I want pictures, pictures of your wedding!"

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The entire strip is a delusion happening in Peter’s brain after he got hit in the head with a brick and slipped into a coma. He’s the main character so of course his boss is at his wedding.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

the newspaper origin recaps tend to skip uncle ben, which is very appropriate. it's not like peter remembers, either.
Not quite this time.

They do seem to be skipping Gwen Stacy though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bootleg Toy Colors Green Goblin

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
It's 2002. Movie came out this summer, it tore open the box office. It's not a "radioactive" spider, it's a "special" spider, so you can fit "genetically modified" under the umbrella. Everbody knows that the Goblin wears an entirely green battle armor. Gwen Stacy? Who's that? MJ's the one the Green Goblin went after!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Peter, he is a Known criminal. Jonah and Robbie were talking about him being released from prison. If May is somehow not aware of it, there is nothing keeping you from telling her aside from your own desperate need to treat even the simplest poo poo as though it's some impossible, no-win scenario.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's got metal tentacles which he makes no effort to hide. i don't think may cares that much about controlling peter with hysterical fainting when she's on the prowl.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
May just working her way through Spidey's rogues gallery.

"Peter! Stop glowering at Mr. Rhino's indestructable rhino suit that is permanently attached to his skin, I think?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Peter, I taught you better manners than to talk back to Talking Gorilla! Now, honey, tell me again about the time you fisted that awful Spider-man"

I find it funny how little Stan cares for Peter and MJ's friends. Core bugle cast and Aunt May only. Sunday strip fit MJ's uncle that's been all over the last year of strips and I don't think really comes back after, and half the face of Harry Osborn and Flash.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: it was just so abrupt.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what's with the glasses? he ditched those immediately after he stopped needing them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Murdstone posted:

:lol: it was just so abrupt.

Absolutely amazing, ahaha.

"How do we handle adapting the Gwen Stacey story?"
"Goblin kidnaps MJ, so Peter just... swings in and takes her back. Then later on he punches Goblin in the eye."
"Well after all our hard work, I think we deserve to take the rest of the week off :hai:"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely amazing, ahaha.

"How do we handle adapting the Gwen Stacey story?"
"Goblin kidnaps MJ, so Peter just... swings in and takes her back. Then later on he punches Goblin in the eye."
"Well after all our hard work, I think we deserve to take the rest of the week off :hai:"

*colorist colors classic look Goblin entirely green, like a child clutching a pencil in their fist*

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Robbie is such a troll :lol:

"Gee you want Spider-Man? I"ll go get Peter then :laugh:"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's GONE! I'm SUNK! I LOST it!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Why won't these tubes stand up?!?!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So the arc is like a flashback that's a what if the first spiderman 2 was about the lizard? That's kinda rad ngl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dr. Curt Connors looking at the list of applicants and seeing Peter's name: Another failure!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just a lil' puppy, a widdle lil' :dogstare: guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That face (and his chin in panel 1) will haunt my dreams.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Dr. Curt Connors looking at the list of applicants and seeing Peter's name: Another failure!

I’ll give this to Pete, it takes confidence to show up at an interview for a position that you literally just got fired from and go “hey, I know you just fired me, but…” Maybe not intelligence, but confidence nonetheless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so, there's absolutely no way that connors survived inviting bruce banner to hang out in his meth lab, right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

so, there's absolutely no way that connors survived inviting bruce banner to hang out in his meth lab, right?

No and Yes. Bruce and a crocodile probably get into some poo poo in there, but that arc is also part of the 4 year timeloop, so Connors is destined to invite him in every four years.

Here we go

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Five days of Spider-Man?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Starting to pick up some subtle hints as to why Dr. Connors had trouble finding a new assistant :shepface:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm not curious enough to check, but it sounds like Connors will stay in the swamp fro bthe end of this 2002 arc till the 2015ish gronk arc, huh

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Connors: Hey Pete, I need you to come to the everglades with me
Pete: Hot drat okay!

Several days later, mid-flight
Pete: Hey why are we going to the everglades?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is a flashback story, so i suppose there might have been an earlier the lizard story set outside of florida. alternately, there were only ever two the lizard stories and they were both in florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender