Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Little Demon posted:

Oathbreaker is always a fun DND class so it would be a shame if you couldn’t

oathbreaker is a subclass apparently

seeing all these posts i'm starting to really regret not going to the underdark and instead going to some weird temple in the mountains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Mekchu posted:

oathbreaker is a subclass apparently

seeing all these posts i'm starting to really regret not going to the underdark and instead going to some weird temple in the mountains

come back down. the waters fine

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm way too far from the underdark to go back now lol

but i'm definitely doing a 2nd playthrough soon

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

come back down. the waters fine

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
think i just became a gnome terrorist by blowing up a factory lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Love how simple Barbarian looks on the surface but then it turns out you can do so much cool poo poo just by being able to jump really far and shove and throw stuff really good

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

goferchan posted:

Love how simple Barbarian looks on the surface but then it turns out you can do so much cool poo poo just by being able to jump really far and shove and throw stuff really good

this

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Mekchu posted:

think i just became a gnome terrorist by blowing up a factory lmao

[insane clown posse] gnomies, gnomies !

----------------

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

warlock nd monk ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INw_4fvVfv4

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Wow the underdark kicks loving rear end...

the mushroom people look insane and awesome. i love them lol

this game kicks so much rear end

goferchan posted:

:same: i love my barb. she’s a badass bitch!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Played mp with a normie friend and he murdered the entire druids grove by attacking the bear guarding the ritual because the carny kids stole his whole inventory.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pragmatica posted:

the mushroom people look insane and awesome. i love them lol

this game kicks so much rear end

:same: i love my barb. she’s a badass bitch!

hyfr

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Played mp with a normie friend and he murdered the entire druids grove by attacking the bear guarding the ritual because the carny kids stole his whole inventory.

lmfao good

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

going to see if my dell business PC from 2017 that i took from the recycling pile at work can play this after i get paid :pray:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

:eyepop:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's just the office, the bedroom is pretty sweet too

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game owns so much

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

goferchan posted:

I created a barbarian, and now have a second barbarian in my party. We are loving poo poo up

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

*walking around my house, getting pissed off* "four chairs and a bed? where does he get off?"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

College of Swords bard is insanely fun, feels like the perfect jack of all trades

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea so far Barbarian and storm sorceror are my faves. Barbariennes. Lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

:hai:

I’ve been using some enchanted spear that returns after a throw and it rules

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

right arm posted:

:hai:

I’ve been using some enchanted spear that returns after a throw and it rules

It’s so stupid lmfao, it like hits them, then before it returns it like bounces off their body painfully five times and I’ve seen it do like “crushing” or bludgeoning damage as from something dropped from a great height. poo poo’s outrageous. It’s had a few times where it didn’t return to me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I lured a boss near some goblin sappers and she was stupid enough to thunder wave them at point blank eventually, also standing near some fire wine and oil and torches lol, and did like 400 damage to herself. poo poo was hype cuz I was under leveled. Some of the AI is pretty lovely especially when more people get involved it seems like.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Made it under friendly terms to the heart of the goblin fort and probably could have done some tricky poo poo but decided to just say "I came here to kill you" to the big boss and kill everyone and fight my way out, and it's so much fun

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I just bought a steam deck so I can play this while my PC is at my new house and I am at my old house til I transfer regions. been thinking about it too much on the drive back from my new place :D

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tmfc posted:

going to see if my dell business PC from 2017 that i took from the recycling pile at work can play this after i get paid :pray:

My pc is that old + underspec and runs it. I subbed to a month of geforce now just in case and that worked too.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tmfc posted:

More powerful than the Xbox if it does

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

right arm posted:

Lol I just bought a steam deck so I can play this while my PC is at my new house and I am at my old house til I transfer regions. been thinking about it too much on the drive back from my new place :D

I might do that in a couple months so I can play on the toilet.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Wormskull posted:

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
I realized how great this game is after rescuing Halsin in the goblin fort. Then you have to fight the drow lady. I came into the room via a ladder. The fight was kind of challenging so I was on my third try. So the drow ran towards me and ended up on the bridge. I then used call lightning to at least get some damage in. The result was that the whole bridge collapsed and the drow lady fell in to the chasm and died. There was no indication that the bridge was destructible.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I installed a toto washlet just for gaming :D

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
I try not to heap all my praise on a game directly after completing it but this game is extremely good. Really hope they are planning an expansion for it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i can't believe how good all the dialogue is.

even stuff you know for certain you're only gonna hear on this particular playthrough, none of it is halfassed or worse than the main cutscene acting. they really went ham on discussion animation too god drat. the characters do little pauses and hand motions and poo poo, it completely sells it in a way few other games do

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i can't believe how good all the dialogue is.

even stuff you know for certain you're only gonna hear on this particular playthrough, none of it is halfassed or worse than the main cutscene acting. they really went ham on discussion animation too god drat. the characters do little pauses and hand motions and poo poo, it completely sells it in a way few other games do

most of the dialogue is poo poo in my opinion but the voice acting and all the other stuff you said does really make it good lol

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

i still think for the time and all that sbullshit Morrowind is still the best pc game but this one is pretty close o . O

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

insane anime posted:

most of the dialogue is poo poo in my opinion but the voice acting and all the other stuff you said does really make it good lol

yeah the writing is pretty standard d&d module stuff but they sell it real good.