Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GateOfD posted:

i guess since Silver Wolf's gaming accounts got all banned (a bit too much imo there, herta)
she's borrowing other Stelleron's hunter's phones to play games on. Got a text from Blade (that was actually silver wolf)

I like the fun little touch Blade is the only one without a personalized phone case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: not super surprised but Kafkas trailer has more views in 4 days than Blades got in 4 weeks now. Its all out reaction bait coded which is probably where a lot of it came from and seems to have gotten noticed outside the games general playerbase.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

With as much of a clusterfuck as my MoC 10 clear was, I think I'm fine calling it at 27/30. It's a nice accomplishment since my previous best was like... 6/10, 14 stars or some poo poo.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I started playing about a little over a month ago and I'm now out of resources for leveling up. I had 8 characters at 70 then getting Kafka and Asta up to 70 wiped me out. Gepard is going to have to wait. The rest are at 20 for the passes.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

GateOfD posted:

i guess since Silver Wolf's gaming accounts got all banned (a bit too much imo there, herta)
she's borrowing other Stelleron's hunter's phones to play games on. Got a text from Blade (that was actually silver wolf)

She went and hacked all the servers to get them back, though.

Unless Hoyoverse cyber security is even more powerful than Silver Wolf :tinfoil:

(Two of the games she plays are Honkai Impact 3rd and. . . Honkai Star Rail, where she got every achievement in the beta?)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I also like the non-main quests in this more. I think it's because the actual settings in this game are interesting, but the main quests tend to focus on giving the various gacha characters their moments as well as seemingly being afraid of being too long, so they beeline to their various big events.

I feel like they should give the main story more detailed content - they have the "space" for it since this game doesn't have the big time-sink of exploration that Genshin Impact has. The only issue is that, unlike Genshin, the format of this game doesn't really lend itself to making exploration as free (since it's not all one big open world you can just walk across). So while Genshin Impact changed post-Inazuma to making all new progression content easily accessible, it would be harder to do in this (which probably discourages the developers from making the main quest content take too long to complete).

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

They have a good world to write smaller, more focused, more unique stories. But everything has to be Avengers.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Abandon main quests, embrace “what the hell is with this gate guy?” Quests.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Stupid question of the day.

I finally unlocked Memory of Chaos, and sent my two teams into its first stage. My Team 1 beat the Frigid Prowler and friends, narrowly. And then...

How do you switch to your second team in there? I saw no way to do that, sent a weakened Team 1 over to fight the Decaying Shadow, and lost when they died.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
It automatically swaps when you win the first round. So if there are two enemies in the first map, you have to beat both with team 1. Then it’ll swap to team 2 for the next round.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
They're BOTH the first round?

Ah. So it's impossible, then. :v:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This MoC really isn't beneficial to me. Last time I managed 21 stars but right now I just have 16 and 0 stars on 7.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

delfin posted:

They're BOTH the first round?

Ah. So it's impossible, then. :v:

There's another week left before it rotates, you'll find it much easier with another week's worth of leveling on your characters.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

side quests are fun but in general this game needs about 20% less text and to let me move the camera during conversations. you're not even doing anything with it let me spin it at top speed while i read your many text boxes. also i don't mind the fade to black with movie intertitles to cover a lack of ability to animate certain things (usually models (de)spawning, it seems like?), but i wish it were like half the length or advanceable like a textbox. i assume that's mostly a technical limitation though.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 13, 2023

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
MoC is definitely end game, I still haven’t gotten that far in (because instead of making a few strong geared up characters, I farmed exp non-stop getting everyone up to 60/70 without doing relics or light cones…)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coolusername posted:

MoC is definitely end game, I still haven’t gotten that far in (because instead of making a few strong geared up characters, I farmed exp non-stop getting everyone up to 60/70 without doing relics or light cones…)

I keep getting distracted by a new person so I still don't have anybody at 80 with maxed relics/traces and it's starting to hurt a little bit.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Dawgstar posted:

I like the fun little touch Blade is the only one without a personalized phone case.

Daniel Heng also has a plain black phone case. Even when he's Imbibitor Lunae.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

They were boyfriends of course they'd have matching phone cases.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Valentin posted:

side quests are fun but in general this game needs about 20% less text and to let me move the camera during conversations. you're not even doing anything with it let me spin it at top speed while i read your many text boxes. also i don't mind the fade to black with movie intertitles to cover a lack of ability to animate certain things (usually models (de)spawning, it seems like?), but i wish it were like half the length or advanceable like a textbox. i assume that's mostly a technical limitation though.

There is a real reason for this and its not technical limitation. "Time spent logged in" is a real metric that these companies obsess over. Long unskippable convos and cutscenes pad that poo poo out

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

There is a real reason for this and its not technical limitation. "Time spent logged in" is a real metric that these companies obsess over. Long unskippable convos and cutscenes pad that poo poo out

If that was true I think doing stuff like dailies would be much more onerous and they wouldn’t offer stuff like autobattle or 2x speed

and the fact that children in China are heavily restricted on how long they can play would make me think they’d be disincitivized to waste time on nothing bits of cutscenes if anything. You want the kids to get to the cool bits that make them want to spend money

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ruby Prism posted:

I remember a theorycrafter's video that basically rated Gepard's first, even if you don't have him, because it's a ridiculous amount of stats, with Bronya's being a close second but only if you do have her.

drat, i was hoping it wasn't really that close, now i have to make a choice since i do have bronya..

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Jabor posted:

There's another week left before it rotates, you'll find it much easier with another week's worth of leveling on your characters.

Nah. I've played enough Genshin to know this is the Honkai version of Spiral Abyss -- minmax city. I'll get to it in my own time.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Glad the entire trotter event could be done start to finish in like 40min. That's out of the way, now the kafka trace grind can begin -_-

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9yIlGpgCus

another new kafka trailer, includes a teaser of another stellaron hunter

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Where’s my option to change routes, the stellaron hunters are getting all the fun quests.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Endorph posted:

As it turns out, the Stellaron Hunters have in fact done a few things wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, like not letting me know that they had a kamen rider on team

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

He better pose before and after every attack.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Having rolled Kafka and done the companion mission, I am even deeper into the opinion that the text messages being gacha-locked is awful. I know, I know, it’s whalebait, but it’s one thing to be getting silly side-texts about the puppy on Herta station from characters the plot already has in the backwindow aannnd

another to be getting texts from the Stellaron hunters after the giant lore bomb we just got. Them treating MC as a gaming buddy, asking them what they like now in movies, casually updating them about how they’re going, etc. that hits a lot different now.

And obviously these relationships are going to be a major ongoing part of the plot. This sort of character establishing interaction should nooot be gacha locked.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hypocrisy posted:

As it turns out, the Stellaron Hunters have in fact done a few things wrong.

They're all cool crimes though.

Endorph posted:

Maybe he's one of those Galaxy Rangers they've mentioned.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Walla posted:

This MoC really isn't beneficial to me. Last time I managed 21 stars but right now I just have 16 and 0 stars on 7.

Yeah I (barely) managed 30 stars last week for the first time, and this week I struggled to squeak out 26 so far. I have NO characters with follow-up attacks built, so I doubt I'm going to be able to improve on it.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

My SU runs have become incredibly smoother and more fun with Kafka

Shame I can't squeeze in more speed for her but that will take months of farming.

Time to raise serval and other chars now

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I have three characters with follow-up attacks built and still can't beat MoC 6... I wonder at this point if this is 'cause of my lack of super good relics, my lack of 5*'s, my lack of skill, or some combination of the three...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

For real, I straight up yelled "yo is that Sam???" when her showed up.

Definitely going to pull for him if he's playable.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I do love the idea that cat we keep seeing with them is how Elio communicates with/keeps tabs on the Stellaron Hunters

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Elio *is* the cat, I would bet.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

Oops Kafka is all tied up and being interrogated before the execution but it was you that were facing the execution all along. Kafka wins again. :chaostrump:

This universe needs a Yae Miko if they're going to get a handle on this woman.

e: That video reminds me of like Red Line or some equivalent experimental animation sci-fi anime project of the kind we don't really get anymore from Japan. They seem to have a real fondness for old school Gainax and Trigger in particular, which probably explains the Promare collab in Honkai 3rd right now, but you can see it in other influences for Star Rail like how the Luofo is basically a Macross fleet.

e2: Lacrimosa by Mozart seems to be following me around in things this week.

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 13, 2023

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Did Kafka mind control those dudes into holding a trial for her purely for shits and giggles? Their eyes go normal only at the end.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Yep - hence the "playing with your food" comment from Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

Alternate costumes/skins when?