Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
oh I forgot to mention on National day last Wednesday we went diving and some rear end in a top hat dipshit motherfucker piloting a yacht for some goddamn reason went between our boat and the shore nearly killing one of our divers who was just under the surface

the entire dive boat was screaming at him to stop but he just looked over at us and kept going

loving piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

oh I forgot to mention on National day last Wednesday we went diving and some rear end in a top hat dipshit motherfucker piloting a yacht for some goddamn reason went between our boat and the shore nearly killing one of our divers who was just under the surface

the entire dive boat was screaming at him to stop but he just looked over at us and kept going

loving piece of poo poo

Boats are cool because nobody follows the rules and nothing happens over it because they’re for rich people.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

https://twitter.com/j_hancock/status/1690692333627432960?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

Aug 12, 2023
the UK trashfires in the title is a reference to Brexit

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

81123 posted:

the UK trashfires in the title is a reference to Brexit

are you bloodmane

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

never become addicted to the clown, for you will resent his absence

so true

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Internet Old One posted:

He spent over 3x what most households spend on food in a year getting delivery from lovely chain restaurants. He could have had wagu steak every weekend for a year until he was bored of it. How can you not feel ashamed posting that list of trash food?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

yeah, I think about that every time the jimmyjohns guy buzzes me on my bike

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

its interesting because they're also probably going to the hospital because of the Big John

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I ate jimmy john's yesterday. am i gonna die

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

always liked a jjs after work, too bad they aren’t up here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I don’t think I’ve had Jimmy John’s before

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I went to school at uiuc which has the jj home center. The one on campus was always double staffed, your sandwich would be done before you walked around the counter most of the time.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The Jimmy John person is bad I think

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

They're better than subway

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sandwich quad

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

The Jimmy John person is bad I think

he’s a douche but idc the sandwiches and wraps were on point

i still ate at chik-fil-a in the states too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you monster

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'll go to Chick-fil-A if someone else wants to go but I never choose it myself. That's the extent of my giving a poo poo

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i’ve never eaten at jimmy john’s, but i refuse to believe there isn’t a better local sandwich shop in literally every town with one

mostly i just really hate the “free smells” thing, that just rubs me the wrong way

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jimmy johns is just a nutrition station. It isn't good or bad, but saying there's a better sandwich is like saying there's a better burger than McDonald's. Yeah of course there is. That's not why you go to jimmy johns

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

that’s exactly the thing, i don’t go to jimmy john’s, i walk by the jimmy john’s to go to the good sandwich shop

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

where my office was back then there was absolutely no place around (in a reasonable lunch time frame) that had a better cold sandwich. they’re like a subway that actually tastes good so tbh the food is actually fine

also they manage to do a good lettuce wrap that doesn’t just fall into pieces when you eat it thanks to good wrapping

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm not gonna tell you to try it because they aren't paying me. But it's fast enough, cheap enough, and ok enough for a sandwich

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

yeah i’m probably letting my antipathy for subway taint my opinion of jimmy john’s, maybe it’s fine

still not gonna try it though

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Didn’t jimmy johns make their sandwich shop employees sign non competes lol

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

ADINSX posted:

lmao

do not steal our sandwich secrets

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ADINSX posted:

Psh, like they could even compete with a sandwich artist

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ADINSX posted:

i think so. hilariously unenforceable

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jims Johnson once killed a lion just to watch it die

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

Jims Johnson once killed a lion just to watch it die

that's fine, I think about it every time I pass a pile of electric scooters

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i don't think i've ever had johnny jim's

81323_3
Aug 14, 2023

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
desperately hoping there's nothing evil about mary browns

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

what's with the loser that keeps blowing cash to randompost in all these threads

Kenny Logins posted:

desperately hoping there's nothing evil about mary browns

not beyond regular capitalism stuff

though it's funny to see them be all "truly canadian" etc when it started as the franchisee of an american chain with american recipes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mediaphage posted:

what's with the loser that keeps blowing cash to randompost in all these threads

you're going to have to be way more specific

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

you're going to have to be way more specific

literally two posts above mine

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

not beyond regular capitalism stuff

though it's funny to see them be all "truly canadian" etc when it started as the franchisee of an american chain with american recipes
whew

in a way that is incredibly authentically canadian, performing/pretending not to be largely influenced by american culture/capitalisms

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PokeJoe posted:

Sandwich quad

when you get a full bypass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I worked at a restaurant/bar during covid that made all of their food from scratch, and they’re known for a notoriously good dill dip, so i took a photo of the recipe so I could make it at home and shared it with everyone i knew.