Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Any bagged milk purchasers in chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

cracker posted:

I witnessed the rinsing of ground beef a few times in the 90's and early 00's. Any excess fat/grease would supposedly give you a heart attack or stroke or something.

The fatberg generation

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Enos Cabell posted:

Represent! Any of ya'll ever cook one of the Motor City Pizza Co pizzas in one? I was just about ready to slam one in and noticed that the box specifically called out not to cook one in a toaster oven, so I chickened out.

I wouldn't consider the Breville a toaster oven. I've cooked a ton of pizzas in mine and they all turn out great.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Did you check the day they were made? If they've been sitting out at the bakery for 2 days already before you bought them, there's your answer.

iirc they have a "sell by" date not a "made on" date, but actually the opposite. most of them on the shelf were one date, and the one i picked from the back was one day newer.

i already tossed the packaging, but i think the sell-by date was 8/10, the day i discovered they were already visibly moldy. :shrug:

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Any bagged milk purchasers in chat

We don't get bagged milk around my province no more, eh

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Make sure you maintain it yearly. It's easy as gently caress to do yourself other than the valve lashing. Which you can learn.
What kind did you get? Guardian series or portable?

I did just fine enough with my Generac. The POs… not so much apparently. The piston tried to escape.

Guardian 10k on NG. Hence the almost $1k gift card.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Just found out my poo poo credit improved significantly over the past few years without my having to actually get a credit card, so I immediately applied for and subsequently got a Costco credit card! Gimme that cash back baybeee

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Just found out my poo poo credit improved significantly over the past few years without my having to actually get a credit card, so I immediately applied for and subsequently got a Costco credit card! Gimme that cash back baybeee

Fair warning, if you default on the card they lifetime ban you. No more $1.50 hotdogs (no more free refills), no more affordablably priced jars of Jongga kimchi (the one with two "g"s)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Fair warning, if you default on the card they lifetime ban you. No more $1.50 hotdogs (no more free refills), no more affordablably priced jars of Jongga kimchi (the one with two "g"s)

My devotion to the church is a strong motivator to keep up on my payments.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

I thought they just make you return all the stuff

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

DkHelmet posted:

I did just fine enough with my Generac. The POs… not so much apparently. The piston tried to escape.

Guardian 10k on NG. Hence the almost $1k gift card.

Ah no worries then if you've had one before.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a slovenly pep slice, had to class it up with that cup of onions

I have heard, but have not as yet tried, that Chinese chili oil (Lao Gan Ma) chili crisp is good on such a slice.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

anyone cop this boozy capri sun yet?

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 13, 2023

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

anyone cop this boozy capri sun yet?

4.5% 10oz I'd have to take the garbage out to the bin after a Friday night

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

-more expensive than a seltzer can
-just as annoying to open like capri suns
-cant sneak drink in public

thats a pass for me

CaptainCrunch posted:

I have heard, but have not as yet tried, that Chinese chili oil (Lao Gan Ma) chili crisp is good on such a slice.

its good on just about everything, but is especially heavenly on carb heavy foods like pizza and pasta

halokiller fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 13, 2023

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
That reminds me of the freezer daiquiris that I think we're a fad in the 90s alongside zima

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Alucard posted:

That reminds me of the freezer daiquiris that I think we're a fad in the 90s alongside zima

both were better than the wine coolers that preceded them

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alucard posted:

That was my first thought as well - throw that pouch in the freezer and then smash it up & drink it like an icee

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

CaptainCrunch posted:

Even better than that is Fly by Jing chili oil which you can also get at church.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

RFC posted:

Even better than that is Fly by Jing chili oil which you can also get at church.

Post a picture, I would definitely look for that

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fly by jing is worse than angry lady laoganma fite me

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bob dobbs is dead posted:

:haibrower:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I've never tried whatever Costco chili oil brand exists but it's absolutely not better than lgm, period

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ligma in Hebrew

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Grandma chili crisp is easily the best.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

RFC posted:

Even better than that is Fly by Jing chili oil.

:wrong:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah the Fly by Jing stuff is weak. No heat and no MSG.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm afraid zindrew chili oil gets my vote. Sorry communist granny

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Went to church today and samples were in full effect. They gave me a ham sample and it almost got me to buy it until I noticed Kirkland Black Forest was less. I'm set up for DIY ham/egg/cheese everything breakfast bagels now.

They had samples of Tide Pods (?) next to samples of "Liquid I.V." drink, which smelled and tasted like loving a Tide Pod anyway.

Also, smoothie with the bag of frozen blueberries, fresh bananas, plus Kirkland greek yogurt and honey came out great.

Nice of them to put a Sell By 2025 on their jug of honey even though they last literally forever. Like archaeologists found honey in Egyptian tombs and it was fine to eat.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Nice of them to put a Sell By 2025 on their jug of honey even though they last literally forever. Like archaeologists found honey in Egyptian tombs and it was fine to eat.

Honey can crystallize over time which is not considered desirable

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Smugworth posted:

Charging my honey crystal

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah but you can just uncrystallize it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Smugworth posted:

Yeah but that doesn’t affect the safety or anything. It’s fairly trivial to decrystalize by gently heating it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Smugworth posted:

:goonsay:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

david_a posted:

Yeah but that doesn’t affect the safety or anything. It’s fairly trivial to decrystalize by gently heating it

Just be careful or you'll scald your dick

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I'm afraid zindrew chili oil gets my vote. Sorry communist granny

Yeah I’ve tried quite a few and it’s still the best. It’s expensive but drat it’s so good.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Yes it is. Their dumpling sauce is good though.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the best ive ever had was homemade and so hot im convinced the jar of it i ate hosed up all my probiotics and such

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Saucer Hovers posted:

both were better than the wine coolers that preceded them

Holy poo poo I forgot about "wine coolers." My parents let me have at least one when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

looks like these dumb capri sun things will work quite well as supplementary ice packs for a cooler (that you can get a slight buzz from when they stop being useful)

don’t think i’d recommend them otherwise