Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/finklebone/status/1690799194426990592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wander Franco's trending, I wonder what he did this--oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Carlosologist posted:

It’s entirely possible this could be a blackmailing situation but those pictures are BAD

People are speculating from other Instagram posts that she lied about her age and blackmailed him but who the hell knows at this point since internet.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 13, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That dude sucked. He kept coughing up the ball.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

For those who don't know Spanish, can someone summarize what is in those Tweets? Was he sexting a 14 year old?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/YankeeWRLD/status/1690797958483095553

That's probably fine

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I think the Spanish basically says "Wander Franco, more like Wander Fucko"

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I love the poetry of this moment, incidentally.

Hitting a massive home run ball into the second deck... where it lands directly behind your name and grinning face on the player display board.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

FlamingLiberal posted:

For those who don't know Spanish, can someone summarize what is in those Tweets? Was he sexting a 14 year old?

The Spanish suggests that Franco had a relationship with a 14 year old and he paid off the mother to keep it secret but it seems like someone in the family found out and is taking legal action

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Carlosologist posted:

The Spanish suggests that Franco had a relationship with a 14 year old and he paid off the mother to keep it secret but it seems like someone in the family found out and is taking legal action

¡Dios mío!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

well I guess they should probably give him back the money then

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Carlosologist posted:

The mom seems like a lovely person. Allegedly

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The mom seems like a lovely person. Allegedly

I’ve seen a million stories flying around from that to the 14 year old lying about her age and blackmailing him and everything in-between, just like every time something like this breaks. Definitely bad for Wander either way and I definitely would not want to be anyone in the Rays org today.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 13, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triple sulk posted:

if that was true they would have won

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Lying about age is at best a lovely excuse for a college party hook-up, so completely inexcusable in a situation like this that its not even worth mentioning.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

if that was true they would have won

worked for b*rnie

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Lying about age is at best a lovely excuse for a college party hook-up, so completely inexcusable in a situation like this that its not even worth mentioning.

Uh, yeah, this looks bad. I’m not defending him. That’s the excuse that always shows up and it’s generally bullshit. I meant that something bad definitely happened and oh boy can he go gently caress himself. The specifics are going to be murky until more comes out.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 13, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marlins walking off the Yankees baby let's goooo

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marlins walking off the Yankees baby let's goooo

That was something else to see

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Baseball is generally pretty alright at handling this kind of poo poo, yeah? Like with that Pirates pitcher and Bauer, they never played again in the Majors. I think Wander is on one of those "face of the team for a decade" contracts though, I wonder how much the Rays executives are going to push back against it.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

blossommirage posted:

Baseball is generally pretty alright at handling this kind of poo poo, yeah? Like with that Pirates pitcher and Bauer, they never played again in the Majors. I think Wander is on one of those "face of the team for a decade" contracts though, I wonder how much the Rays executives are going to push back against it.

In this case it probably doesn’t get that far. Given the murky details we know so far and the uniqueness of the DR legal system (a bunch of Canadian pilots had to do a year in jail for reporting a load of coke they found during pre flight inspection) I think this might end up being resolved far far far before it becomes a major issue

The team should do their own investigation as far as I’m concerned

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

triple sulk posted:

looking forward to the dogshit-garbage-off on tuesday/wednesday

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Not excited for the Braves coming to Yankee Stadium to complete their revenge on the north

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
N: The New York Yankees
V: lol

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
N: God loving damnit

V: God loving damnit

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The usual message:

https://twitter.com/HannahRKeyser/status/1690856817239158784?s=20

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dodgers pretty much locked up the division this week

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I’m seeing people saying she’s lying about her age as in she’s not underage at all but was claiming it for extortion purposes. That could just be cope though

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

You would think Wander wouldn’t need to spend so much time in the minors playing at the level he’s been at but what do I know.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

Dodgers pretty much locked up the division this week
you get your reverse jinx out of here!

they are taking care of business against the weak part of their schedule though

Fun fact: the only game the Dodgers have lost this month is the one I attended.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

big weekend for custom jerseys

https://twitter.com/mike_petriello/status/1690895221884928000

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

That and one game, which the Hall specifically says you're not supposed to vote people in over one game but :shrug:

e: also I guess he didn't technically get voted in

who was that super crusty old guy who was a massive Morris stan and also hated Blyleven? He had a website of his baseball rantings that looked like it was made in the mid 90s

This is from pages back but that was Murray Chass who is amazingly still alive but his baseball blog-that-is-definitely-not-a-blog-you-loving-kids isnt around unfortunately

He turned in a blank ballot in 2017 (the year Bagwell, Pudge and Tim Raines got in) and 2022 (David Ortiz) so he's still a crusty old rear end in a top hat

Also Wander Franco can get hosed if this is true

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004

elentar posted:

apparently tonight was the first doubleheader that one team outscored another by 20+ runs since Texas over Baltimore in 2007
My buddy and I were at that game, ama

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1690928207959064576?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

At this point the possible outcomes vary widely, but none of them are good.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Carlosologist posted:

Not excited for the Braves coming to Yankee Stadium to complete their revenge on the north

??? The Yankees are coming here today.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be pretty funny if the Mets have to let Alonso walk because him and Lindor (who I have always thought was highly annoying) hate each other. What a clusterfuck. That trade and signing was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo bad.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

triple sulk posted:

The National League Champion Philadelphia Phillies* are dogshit garbage.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

mcmagic posted:

(who I have always thought was highly annoying)

Oh now I get it. mcmagic is the Jeremy Jamm of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Cubs good?