Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Deep exploration actually has some strategy to it and I appreciate that. I just finished the third section. I'm taking my time with it so I don't run out of things to do. I also have the final difficulty of worlds 4-7 of SU so things are looking pretty good.

Luka is level 60 now! Almost to 70 and final ascension and then I just have Kafka to level. Traces are going to take forever though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Alternate costumes/skins when?

It's such easy money that I don't know why they only really do skins with Honkai Impact 3rd and like 4 skins a year with Genshin (2 at Chinese new years, 2 in the Summer so roughly 2 every 6 months). They could easily pad their revenue even further if they really wanted to and pretty sure there's plenty out there that would just hurl their wallets at Kafka, Blade and SW in suit skins no questions asked.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Do the alternate skins in Genshin/HI3 have different animations attached or are they literally just reskins?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Kale posted:

It's such easy money that I don't know why they only really do skins with Honkai Impact 3rd and like 4 skins a year with Genshin (2 at Chinese new years, 2 in the Summer so roughly 2 every 6 months). They could easily pad their revenue even further if they really wanted to and pretty sure there's plenty out there that would just hurl their wallets at Kafka, Blade and SW in suit skins no questions asked.

They don't do it more because costumes would obviously overlap new characters in terms of the development resources they use, and new characters make more money than a skin that is a one-time purchase, inherently limited in reach, and secondary to actually obtaining the character.

Hell, the costumes they do release don't even seem to follow much logic in terms of maximizing profit so the musing on it tends to seem pointless/sour grapes depending on source.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

sushibandit posted:

Alternate costumes/skins when?

Kale posted:

A couple of weeks back the dataminers found info on a March 7th skin, so skins are coming. It remains to be seen how frequent they'll be.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Symphoric posted:

Do the alternate skins in Genshin/HI3 have different animations attached or are they literally just reskins?

The gacha ones all do, and some of the bought ones. For example the recent summer skins for the Exodia Trio redo their animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9NvyHvodZ8

The Kiana skin costs gacha currency, and the odds of getting it before it's max of 9600 crystals are basically 0, so it costs around 35 pulls if I did that math correct. The other two are bought skins whose cost is variable since like Genshin there's a discount when they release.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm still a Sampo Stellarion Hunter truther.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The characters for Sampo are very different than Sam 桑博 vs 萨姆

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What if the Trailblazer is Sam, or even Elio? Also, when is the IPC going to charge us for being a Stellaron Hunter?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Symphoric posted:

In Genshin, only a single skin so far for (more expensive) has different animations/skill sfx compared to the base skin. It's kind of annoying, since the character they chose to make it for is one of the more boring/powercrept launch DPS characters.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Sampo is almost definitely from the Masked Fools faction (Aha's faction)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I still maintain that Sampo is way funnier and cooler if he really is just an extremely small time scammer/crook rather than secretly being super powerful or important.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kanos posted:

I still maintain that Sampo is way funnier and cooler if he really is just an extremely small time scammer/crook rather than secretly being super powerful or important.

Funnier still would be if he bumbles his way into being involved in something important.

What I'm saying is: more Sampo content; the more preposterous, the better.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Kanos posted:

agreed but i think that of a lot of characters.

like i wouldn't mind if it turned out march 7th wasn't a secret Ice Goddess or whatever and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kyrosiris posted:

Funnier still would be if he bumbles his way into being involved in something important.

What I'm saying is: more Sampo content; the more preposterous, the better.

Sampo runs a giant scam against the Xianzhou government, taking a valuable artifact hostage. His ransom price? One hundred thousand credits!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kanos posted:

Sampo runs a giant scam against the Xianzhou government, taking a valuable artifact hostage. His ransom price? One hundred thousand credits!

Therefore we shall call this project the Alan Parsons Project.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Izzhov posted:

I have three characters with follow-up attacks built and still can't beat MoC 6... I wonder at this point if this is 'cause of my lack of super good relics, my lack of 5*'s, my lack of skill, or some combination of the three...

What do you consider built? I was able to 3-star MoC 6 on auto, so my guess is not a skill issue but an underinvestment issue. I've been going deep on the same 8 characters, so I've got all of them at level 80 with level 80 LCs, all side traces unlocked, skill/ult/talent at 8+, relics at 9+ with good main stats but mostly garbage substats. Note that I've been able to 30-star the last few cycles, so that's well beyond the level you should need for stage 6.

If you're hoarding a pile of relic exp because you're waiting for pieces with perfect substats, don't do that - when you feed a relic to another relic you get back almost all the exp you put in. I leveled all of my supports' relics to +9 and my main DPS' to +15 and it made a huge difference, even with bad substats.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Sam/po theory was fun just for being as goofy as he is, but yeah I moved onto just hoping he has some continued story presence due to a separate faction or just his whims to scam people across the galaxy (since he has been to Xianzhou).

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Edly posted:

What do you consider built? I was able to 3-star MoC 6 on auto, so my guess is not a skill issue but an underinvestment issue. I've been going deep on the same 8 characters, so I've got all of them at level 80 with level 80 LCs, all side traces unlocked, skill/ult/talent at 8+, relics at 9+ with good main stats but mostly garbage substats. Note that I've been able to 30-star the last few cycles, so that's well beyond the level you should need for stage 6.

If you're hoarding a pile of relic exp because you're waiting for pieces with perfect substats, don't do that - when you feed a relic to another relic you get back almost all the exp you put in. I leveled all of my supports' relics to +9 and my main DPS' to +15 and it made a huge difference, even with bad substats.

All my characters have level 9+ relics - majority are 12+. Though not all of them are level 80 yet (but the DPS's are all 79 or 80).

How many 5*'s do you have? I have two, and one of them is Himeko. I literally don't have enough sustain to survive Yanqing's insane speed, even with my 143-goddamn-speed Natasha, since I can't take out his swords fast enough because my only AoE that his swords are weak to is Serval (and my only such character in general other than Tingyun, as I haven't built my Dan Heng).

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 13, 2023

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Izzhov posted:

All my characters have level 12+ relics. Though not all of them are level 80 yet (but the DPS's are all 79 or 80).

How many 5*'s do you have? I have two, and one of them is Himeko. I literally don't have enough sustain to survive Yanqing's insane speed, even with my 143-goddamn-speed Natasha, since I can't take out his swords fast enough because my only AoE that his swords are weak to is Serval.

I do have pretty good 5*s, my teams were:

March 7th, Luocha, Tingyun, Yanqing

Bailu, Asta, Silver Wolf, Seele

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Edly posted:

I do have pretty good 5*s, my teams were:

March 7th, Luocha, Tingyun, Yanqing

Bailu, Asta, Silver Wolf, Seele

Yeah, makes sense. I probably just need to accept that I'm gonna need to wait until I get my next 5* before I'll consistently be able to go deep in this mode.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Its funny how i spent an eternity farming seele relics and somehow kafka has better relic stats than her

rng man

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Sampo is almost definitely from the Masked Fools faction (Aha's faction)
After being rickrolled by their codex entry, I can't think of the Masked Fools as anything but Space 4chan.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 13, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
There is a quest where you meet a member of the Masked Fools in the latest patch.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

sushibandit posted:

In Genshin, only a single skin so far for (more expensive) has different animations/skill sfx compared to the base skin. It's kind of annoying, since the character they chose to make it for is one of the more boring/powercrept launch DPS characters.

So it's for Diluc?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm really hoping Kafka's cat is just a pet and not anything special.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Sometimes a cat is just a cat.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Only if Elio is also a cat and they're completely indistinguishable from each other.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

The characters for Sampo are very different than Sam 桑博 vs 萨姆

Yeah but it'd be funny.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-n_UOjL3g

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Genshin, Hi3 and Star Rail being 3d with movement makes it more work to add skins than sprite based gacha or gacha with limited motion since outfits need to not only fit the 3d rigging but also need to look good in motion

I'd love a dye system though, allow me to do some weird colors like I can do in FFXIv

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Yeah, dyes/alternative colors seems like an easy way to get some money on their end, but even that feels unlikely

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Let. Me. Dye. Sva. Rog. Bright. Pink.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boredsatellite posted:

My SU runs have become incredibly smoother and more fun with Kafka

Shame I can't squeeze in more speed for her but that will take months of farming.

Time to raise serval and other chars now

big boom make fun brain chemical

this is my kafka so far. i'm running her with an e4 asta and i'm agonizingly 4 speed short from the golden 200+ speed bracket with lvl 10 asta ult. i do think it'd be really easy to upgrade my rope since there's barely any worth on it, i'd either have to hit 2 speed substat rolls or 1 speed substat + 1 asta eidolon to hit e5. I think it's doable...

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
I noticed the last level of the dungeon event also paired up trial Kafka with trial Asta, but I’m not clear on what the synergy is exactly. Asta’s basic inflicting Burn? Her speed ult (which I don’t entirely grok for Kafka since speed is generally a good buff for everybody)?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Never fail to be impressed at how fast some of these artists can be sometimes. Wrong type of gun though, Silver Wolf was definitely holding a revolver.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

bitprophet posted:

I noticed the last level of the dungeon event also paired up trial Kafka with trial Asta, but I’m not clear on what the synergy is exactly. Asta’s basic inflicting Burn? Her speed ult (which I don’t entirely grok for Kafka since speed is generally a good buff for everybody)?

Speed is good for everybody but speed is especially good for Kafka because it is a force multiplier to her entire central mechanic. The more turns Kafka takes the more DoT procs she forces.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

bitprophet posted:

I think it's more that the other supports just aren't as good. Dot characters really want atk. Tingyun shares Kafka's element and only buffs one character at a time when you ideally want to be running an extra dot character who you also want buffed. Yukong and Bronya have a lot of power invested in granting crit. In Bronya's case she provides increased damage instead of any ATK at all. Meanwhile Asta is perfectly viable even in crit teams but provides the stats dot characters want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Plus she can have permanent ult uptime.

The amount of extra attack she provides is not to be dismissed, either. With 5 stacks of Asta buff, my Sampo sits at just under 5200 attack.