Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

1stGear posted:

Since you've done the Hive, you can use the Hiveblood pin to regenerate the tick of health you lose when you hit a saw blade and get sent back. Its slower, but safer.

I haven't lol, I put a pin in that one for later because the runback was too horrible and I was too high at the time to deal with it. Same thing with Traitor Lord, guess I'm raw doggin it

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

u should make sure to do the path of pain while you're there, it'll make you feel better

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Best Friends posted:

I just looked up the bg3 tech specs and Jesus. Is this game at all playable on an older machine?

my pc is from 2016 and it runs pretty crap, but it’s turn based so idgaf

edit: talking 30fps on medium crap not a slideshow

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I don't even know how in the hell an isometric turn-based RPG like this is the most taxing thing my computer has ever played. It's not like the graphics are looking like Last of Us 2 or Red Dead Redemption 2.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The graphics are good and fancy though.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

Just let the entire party use any potion regardless of who has it, I'm tired of inventory juggling.

good news! it does work like that

Best Friends posted:

I just looked up the bg3 tech specs and Jesus. Is this game at all playable on an older machine?

works on steam deck so maybe

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

replaying XCOM2 and I just Overwatch Executed the Chosen Hunter just as he spawned outside his sarcophagus :feelsgood:

Only slightly more satisfying is to overwatch execute one of Vahlen's special projects

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

RandolphCarter posted:

good news! it does work like that

Uhhhh what?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
At any time, you can open up the full party inventory by hitting Tab and move stuff around freely, even in combat. I think things are only inaccessible if they're in the inventory of a party member in camp.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

once something goes into my bag in BG3 unless i remember it it ceases to exist

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

1stGear posted:

At any time, you can open up the full party inventory by hitting Tab and move stuff around freely, even in combat. I think things are only inaccessible if they're in the inventory of a party member in camp.

except you don’t need to move anything to use it. unless your trying to throw something, that has to be in the active characters inventory

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Uefn creative mode ftw

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

RandolphCarter posted:

except you don’t need to move anything to use it. unless your trying to throw something, that has to be in the active characters inventory

Well poo poo, I've been splitting stacks like an idiot

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

At least there is no crafting in BG3 which makes inventory a little less nightmarish that D:OS because you aren't lugging around a billion crafting parts and ingredients that you will never actually use. I think literally 50% of my playtime in D:OS was me loving around in my backpacks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lmao, I thought these druids were dicks in BG3 so I stole their idol. This made them attack the tieflings nearby. I join the fight and kill all the druids, but literally one tiefling is left alive. I speak to her and she says "Thank you for standing by us" and that "they" might help with the goblins. What "they" lol; the whole area is just a bunch of corpses with one living tiefling lady standing around.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

i don't gently caress around with mage hand enough

both mage hand and your familiar are super useful for scouting and poo poo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

At least there is no crafting in BG3 which makes inventory a little less nightmarish that D:OS because you aren't lugging around a billion crafting parts and ingredients that you will never actually use. I think literally 50% of my playtime in D:OS was me loving around in my backpacks.

You can make potions with materials.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

another night missing nineties videogame box art

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Lmao, I thought these druids were dicks in BG3 so I stole their idol. This made them attack the tieflings nearby. I join the fight and kill all the druids, but literally one tiefling is left alive. I speak to her and she says "Thank you for standing by us" and that "they" might help with the goblins. What "they" lol; the whole area is just a bunch of corpses with one living tiefling lady standing around.

look at the mess you made :mad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ytlaya posted:

this is what the mind flayers want

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
burner phone i got to talk with all my elden ring buds is blowing up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i guess i could stuff all these wrigglers into dollar store dr frankenfurter. he seems to want the power and at this point i dont care if he goes squid for all the whining hes doing

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

this is what the mind flayers want

The idol gives some sweet bonuses to animal husbandry or something to everyone standing near the person holding it! Worth it IMO.

Edit: This fight also revealed the advanced combat strategy of "distracting stronger enemies by letting them slaughter nearby civilians."

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 00:51 on Aug 14, 2023

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

DoombatINC posted:

another night missing nineties videogame box art

abs the whole way up, bizarre physiology

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The idol gives some sweet bonuses to animal husbandry or something to everyone standing near the person holding it! Worth it IMO.

Edit: This fight also revealed the advanced combat strategy of "distracting stronger enemies by letting them slaughter nearby civilians."

then simply slaughter the last tiefling and walk into the goblin camp a champion

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm strategically assassinating the gobbo leadership while also going around thoroughly enjoying their antics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm strategically assassinating the gobbo leadership while also going around thoroughly enjoying their antics

how do you get the red guy alone?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Buck Wildman posted:

That area was a lot of fun. I ended up finding a really fun tactic to take out the main dude goblin. Lots of explosions and fire. 😈

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Al! posted:

I don't think that's possible.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

you don't I bribed some ogres to help krump him while I shot at him from the upper balcony

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

CaptainBeefart posted:

That area was a lot of fun. I ended up finding a really fun tactic to take out the main dude goblin. Lots of explosions and fire. 😈

I told the drow lady I'd help her and then shot a bridge out from under her as she crossed it to walk away rippo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I told the drow lady I'd help her and then shot a bridge out from under her as she crossed it to walk away rippo

so you wasted all the poo poo she had on her?????

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

so you wasted all the poo poo she had on her?????

meh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

disgusting.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Buck Wildman posted:

Lol nice. I had to redo that fight cause one of the goblins did the same to two of mine.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

disgusting.

transcend such materialist concern

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i let the goblins attack and took out all their sappers and most of their fighters in the first turn, so they just got owned after that

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Do you lose the mind worm that way as well? I still haven't used any and have 5 on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

probably I hadn't really thought about it I'm going worm-free