Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

imo new thread rule about posting bix tweets mentioning bryan or dave. he has a legit reason to dislike them because they stiffed him on pay or whatever. but posting the tweets just leads to poo poo like this. bryans a dumbass. nothing new. but this isnt a mask off moment lol.
In the interest of clarity: That was a Bryan and Tony thing, Dave stays out of all of that poo poo.

Specifically, Bryan and Tony were like "ay, we're dropping Figure Four Weekly, it's stupid to just keep paying someone to write it in service of Bryan's sentimentality." Which I felt was entirely fair. Then the next week, it continued with someone else. They ignored my attempts to clarify, so I was left with the impression that they just went with someone who wouldn't expect to be paid. (Everything I've heard about the lack of pay since his only strengthened that belief.) If they hadn't lied about it, I wouldn't really have an issue. The other aspect was that few subscribers were reading F4W because they were barely promoting it, only for them to start promoting it a LOT more when the guy they weren't paying took over.

Previously, Tony had explicitly promised me that I would get a significant bump in responsibilities and pay once they did the site redesign and refresh. Then some weird tech issue came up that required them to rush launching the redesign and I was the odd man out, with Tony's reason being that I hadn't "stepped up" to do extra work without an agreement on how I'd be compensated for it. (We had no agreement that governed pay for anything beyond the F4W cover stories and the daily updates I did.) Basically saying that I lost out on the promotion because I didn't do extra work for either zero dollars or mystery dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

yea ok posted:

todd martin is on the torch and is fedpilled. i think mike coughlin is basically persona non grata.
Wasn't the whole reason that Dave made the deal with Wade for Todd to go to the Torch that Bryan was stubbornly sticking by Mike after Mike basically waged an online harassment campaign against Todd?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

toney...

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Bix you harbored a grudge for so long you are able to pull a wrestling godwin's law on Bryan Alvarez.

You need to let this go man. It is not good for the soul.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

yea ok posted:

todd martin is on the torch and is fedpilled. i think mike coughlin is basically persona non grata.

Coughlin! That's who I was thinking of. Thanks!

davidbix posted:

Wasn't the whole reason that Dave made the deal with Wade for Todd to go to the Torch that Bryan was stubbornly sticking by Mike after Mike basically waged an online harassment campaign against Todd?

I remember Coughlin constantly trolling him but I didn't know Todd got shoot mad.

Reminded me of the old days when Hyatte would torment The Rick.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bryan is just a dumbass. this would have been better handled just telling him to think more about the implications of his dumb suggestion

I can see your logic but lets look at the initial premise. We'd be asking Bryan Alvarez to think.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Coughlin! That's who I was thinking of. Thanks!

I remember Coughlin constantly trolling him but I didn't know Todd got shoot mad.

Reminded me of the old days when Hyatte would torment The Rick.

Todd said some really objectionable poo poo about a high school wrestler who let a disabled student pin him and Mike rightly gave him hell for it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

Oh COME ON, I definitely didn't do that.

(Also, I'm assuming some people aren't watching the Bryan clip since he explicitly said gave the bullying as the reason it should be a roll of quarters.)

Yeah, it was a little low. This isn't as much of a "say a wild thing on Twitter for attention" as I thought.

I think your mistake was arguing his character and not against his argument. I'm with your argument about how stupid the booking idea is but everyone reads mask off as "This person no longer cares and has revealed their true character, a racist/fascist/sexist/or whatever"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it was a little low. This isn't as much of a "say a wild thing on Twitter for attention" as I thought.

I think your mistake was arguing his character and not against his argument. I'm with your argument about how stupid the booking idea is but everyone reads mask off as "This person no longer cares and has revealed their true character, a racist/fascist/sexist/or whatever"

bix knows what he's doing.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think that's fair to a point. But he's just not a serious person and this was as much proof of that as anything I've been aware of in a minute. That's all I was trying to say. And someone who's not a serious person should just not be discussing that poo poo at all.

At the end of the day, I have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't take this poo poo seriously and shouldn't have to. Anyone who thinks I should can kindly gently caress themselves with a rusty nail.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 14, 2023

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bix knows what he's doing.
If I was gonna call him a Nazi, I'd have called him a Nazi. I did not.

Besides, there are other reasons to think he sucks that have nothing to do with this clip or any of my personal/business interactions with him. Some of which I learned about by reading this forum.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

I think that's fair to a point. But he's just not a serious person and this was as much proof of that as anything I've been aware of in a minute. That's all I was trying to say. And someone who's not a serious person should just not be discussing that poo poo at all.

At the end of the day, I have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't take this poo poo seriously and shouldn't have to. Anyone who thinks I should can kindly gently caress themselves with a rusty nail.

Oh totally, there's just no one who reads "mask off" and goes "oh they took their mask off and revealed that they're an unserious idiot who shouldn't discuss sensitive topics because they're too dumb"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh totally, there's just no one who reads "mask off" and goes "oh they took their mask off and revealed that they're an unserious idiot who shouldn't discuss sensitive topics because they're too dumb"
Perhaps. But I can't really be assed to care that much in this case. If I thought he was a Nazi, I'd call him one. I didn't.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Gumball Gumption posted:

"mask off" definitely reads as an accusation of bigotry to me

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Mask off is totally biggotry or pure fash and not just idiocy.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Big mask off moment for bix

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Genericide posted:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Genericide posted:

Oh gently caress off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat. mask off now. decorum mask. well-known phrase.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
very uncharacteristic for bryan to lose his mask without charging money for it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bix blocking Bryan Quinby because of his appearance on chapo is still super funny.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Bix blocking Bryan Quinby because of his appearance on chapo is still super funny.

lmao

waiting for a Guys episode on the wrestling smark

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The_Rob posted:

lol what you got against Chapo, Bix?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZqHgFz51I

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

really liked Andy Quildan on WOR speaking about RevPro

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Genericide posted:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Terrible B&V&C show today spending way too long calling Arn Anderson’s terrible son fat as if that’s ever been a barrier to someone being an incredible wrestler.

His terrible lack of wrestling ability and his physique are completely separate issues.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

davidbix posted:

Oh gently caress off.

i thought you had already established that accusing someone of going "mask off" has few/no negative connotations

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

History Comes Inside! posted:

Terrible B&V&C show today spending way too long calling Arn Anderson’s terrible son fat as if that’s ever been a barrier to someone being an incredible wrestler.

His terrible lack of wrestling ability and his physique are completely separate issues.

who cares were in the middle of an inquisition here

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

yea ok posted:

At first when I read this I thought you meant he super liked cops before realizing you probably meant fed as in WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Coughlin/Martin feud is one of those charmed incidents for Bryan. He got rid of Coughlin who he would have to deal with at some point (his show was funny but would eventually get F4W in trouble for being problematic) and got rid of Todd Martin one of the worst podcasters and overall critical thinkers you can find.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The best "song" ever made for their endless lovely song contests is the Todd Martin car crash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

really liked Andy Quildan on WOR speaking about RevPro

Yeah, that was a really interesting listen, especially him talking about how selling more tickets doesn't automatically mean success with the rise in prices/costs and the need to hit larger targets to make the bigger shows viable.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

projecthalaxy posted:

who cares were in the middle of an inquisition here

Newsletter coming out soon!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

No deadlock yet, might as well just change days you lazy no good SLOBS!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Craig talking about seeing a show from one of my favorite bands back in the day (Blindside). And yes, the walking on the crowd is really cool.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Suplex Liberace posted:

No deadlock yet, might as well just change days you lazy no good SLOBS!

The boys are NOT back in town

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

The Coughlin/Martin feud is one of those charmed incidents for Bryan. He got rid of Coughlin who he would have to deal with at some point (his show was funny but would eventually get F4W in trouble for being problematic) and got rid of Todd Martin one of the worst podcasters and overall critical thinkers you can find.
But wasn't it MUCH worse than that? Like Mike tried to interfere with Todd's law license because of some mild argument about prom wrestling?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Who cares, there's a whole other BOARD for that drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Unless mike interfered with us getting our slop its hardly relevant to the real issues (wheres my slop this is becoming a pattern)