Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

gently caress yeah big bill and cage

As soon as they were announced for the battle royal, I was sure that was the point. They did so well in the tournament as a pairing that they wanted to get more out of it and have them work with FTR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stuff planned for the Impact tapings this weekend

Tonight:
Samuray del Sol's first match in the company; he teams with Black Taurus and Laredo Kid in a trios match against Bully Ray, Moose and Brian Myers
Speedball Mike Bailey and Jonathan Gresham vs the Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz)
Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) vs Sami Callihan and Rich Swann
Kenny King defends the Digital Media title in a triple threat against Yuya Uemura and Joe Hendry

Tomorrow:
Chris Sabin vs del Sol
Bully vs Taurus
Trinity Fatu vs Taylor Wilde
Moose vs Kevin Knight
Eric Young vs Kon
Deonna Purrazzo vs KiLynn King
Alex Shelley defends the world title against Myers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact Saturday (nobody has stuff for Friday yet for some reason :rip:):

Gisele Shaw defeats Heather Reckless
Champagne Singh defeats Russ Jones
KUSHIDA defeats Speedball Mike Bailey
Deonna Purrazzo defeats KiLynn King
Killer Kelly wins a triple threat over Jessicka Havok and Savannah Evans
Moose defeats Kevin Knight
Eric Young vs Kon goes to a no contest after interference from Deaner
Bully Ray defeats Black Taurus in a no-DQ match
The Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz) defeat Sami Callihan and Rich Swann
Trinity Fatu defeats Jody Threat
Deaner defeats Laredo Kid
Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) defeat Good Hands (Jason Hotch and John Skyler)
Chris Sabin defeats Samuray del Sol
Alex Shelley retains the world title over Brian Myers

ROH:

The Infantry (Shawn Dean and Carlie Bravo) defeat Nick Comoroto and Jora Johl
Robyn Renegade defeats Christina Marie
Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa) defeat the Boys (Brandon and Brent)
Shane Taylor defeats Christopher Daniels in a TV title shot tournament match
Powerhouse Hobbs defeats Mike Magnum
Katsuyori Shibata retains the Pure title over Josh Woods
Cole Karter defeats LSG
Leyla Hirsch defeats Miranda Vionette. Maria Kanellis was looking on during this match and the Karter match
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis) defeat Iron Savages (Boulder and Bronson)
Athena retains the women's title over Diamante
Dalton Castle defeats Zack Clayton
Gravity defeats Tony Nese in a TV title shot tournament match. Gravity vs Shane Taylor at a later date, Samoa Joe defends against winner
El Hijo del Vikingo and Komander defeat WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake). Postmatch Aussie Open attack Vikingo and Komander

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Oh nice, they remembered Jora Johl exists. He'll be a good hand for ROH.

But I still think he should go back to calling himself ROBO.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact Friday:

Champagne Singh defeats Kevin Knight
Johnny Swinger defeats Sheldon Jean. Kenny King tries to help Jean, but Heath fights him off
The Coven (Taylor Wilde and KiLynn King) defeat Deonna Purrazzo and Trinity Fatu
Jake Something defeats Davey Vega
King retains the Digital Media title in a triple threat over Joe Hendry and Yuya Uemura
The Rascalz (Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz) defeat Jonathan Gresham and Speedball Mike Bailey
Sami Callihan and Rich Swann defeat Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) after interference from the Good Hands (Jason Hotch and John Skyler)
Dirty Dango defeats Bhupinder Gujjar
Jody Threat defeats Alisha Edwards. Eddie Edwards tried to help Alisha, but Frankie Kazarian fights him off. Postmatch Kazarian tries to hit Eddie with the singapore cane but accidentally hits Alisha
Bully Ray, Moose and Brian Myers defeat Black Taurus, Laredo Kid and Samuray del Sol. Del Sol misses the match because Lio Rush attacked him backstage
MK Ultra (Masha Slamovich and Killer Kelly) defeat Gisele Shaw and Jai Vidal
Alex Shelley defeats Eddie

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don’t care who it was, whomever came up with the name MKUltra for that team deserves a raise.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Whole F’n Show just might be on The Biggest F’n Show outside of WWE in history.

Fightful Select has learned that there have been internal discussions regarding possibly bringing in former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam. Specifically one of the ideas that we heard mentioned him facing FTW Champion Jack Perry at All In or All Out, though none of this is confirmed as of yet.

Rob Van Dam has never made an All Elite Wrestling appearance as of yet, but in the past couple of weeks, Jack Perry has been targeting several ECW alumni. In addition to holding the FTW title, he took verbal aim at Taz, and was face-to-face with Jerry Lynn.

The 52-year old Rob Van Dam hasn’t wrestled on US TV in nearly three years, since leaving IMPACT Wrestling. However, he’s stayed semi-active, competing every year since 1990, and even working a NOAH date in 2022.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
RVD also randomly started praising Jack's promos on his podcast last week.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I kind of figured the only place that Jerry Lynn confronting Jack was going was an RVD match. He's one of the few guys left that's still mobile and I doubt it would've been Bully Ray since he makes his money trash talking AEW

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I remember him getting stupendously gassed in his last WWE run, which was how many years ago. But sure, I’ll pop for a coast to coast.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I remember him getting stupendously gassed in his last WWE run, which was how many years ago. But sure, I’ll pop for a coast to coast.

He was in NOAH for one of their big shows a couple years back and actually put some effort in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

He was in NOAH for one of their big shows a couple years back and actually put some effort in.

One of the horrible NOAH announcers declaring that 50 year old RVD could kick 30 year old RVD's rear end is one of those things that sticks with me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Walk can’t possibly cost that much

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
ROB drat VAN

THE HOLE loving SHOW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Pantera is on a stadium tour this summer they are bigger than ever!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Apparently not!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Keith Lee and the Hardys (Matt and Jeff Hardy) defeat Kip Sabian, Butcher and the Blade
Swerve Strickland and AR Fox defeat Gifted (Logan Cruz and Tyshawn Perez)
Anna Jay defeats Skye Blue

The parking lot brawl between Best Friends (Chuck Taylor, Trent Beretta and Orange Cassidy) and Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta) is being filmed elsewhere

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Iron Savages (Bear Boulder and Bronson) defeat Brady Pierce and Lucky Ali
The Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean) defeat Zicky Dice and Movie Myk
Powerhouse Hobbs defeats Rob Killjoy
Dalton Castle defeats Slim J
Lee Moriarty defeats Andrew Everett
Tony Nese defeats Pat Buck
Athena defeats Rachael Ellering
Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Linoa) defeat WorkHorsemen (JD Drake and Anthony Henry)
Leyla Hirsch defeats Angelica Risk
Cole Karter defeats Rhett Titus
Billie Starkz defeats Robyn Renegade. Robyn and Charlette Renegade attack Billie postmatch, Athena chases them off
Shane Taylor defeats Gravity to earn a TV title shot against Samoa Joe

Andrew Everett's first ROH match in 3 years, and Zicky Dice's first match since losing a Loser Leaves Impact match in Impact

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dalton Castle vs. Slim J is what I signed up to Honor Club for.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wonder if Everett is still doing the Andrew the Giant gimmick

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I wonder if Everett is bringing his Andrew the Giant gimmick into ROH.

edit: ^^^lol :hfive:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Knew it was just a matter of time before Ellering would be involved since Hero’s backstage with AEW/ROH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Darby Allin defeats Brian Cage. Postmatch Mogul Embassy (Cage, Bishop Kaun, Toa Linoa, AR Fox and Swerve Strickland) attack Darby but are chased off by Sting
Orange Cassidy retains the International title over Johnny TV. Postmatch Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta) stare down OC
Saraya defeats Skye Blue to advance in the women's title match tournament. Postmatch the Outcasts (Saraya, Ruby Soho and Toni Storm) attack Skye but are chased off by the returning Madison Rayne
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis) defeat the Outrunners (Truth Magnum and Turbo Floyd). Postmatch Aussie Open accept the challenge and will defend their ROH tag titles at the preshow of All In against MJF and Adam Cole

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

THE YOUNGEST MEN ALIVE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/bigoldoodoohead/status/1690906790870065152

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1690911428969115648

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1690935706301222912

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 14, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PostMDRNfakery/status/1690921584956235776

Oh hell yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was supposed to go to this :(

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Video
https://twitter.com/MrTylerVasquez/status/1690927793167863809

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Josh Woods defeats Silas Young in a Pure match
Athena defeats Brittany Jade in a Proving Ground match. Postmatch Charlette and Robyn and Renegade attack Athena, Billie Starkz makes the save but Athena won't shake her hand
Gravity defeats Gringo Loco
Samoa Joe and Stokely Hathaway defeat the Boys (Brandon and Brent)
Cole Karter defeats Griff Garrison. Postmatch Karter leaves with Maria Kanellis
Billie defeats Charlette. Postmatch the Renegades attack Billie, this time Athena makes the save but still won't shake Billie's hand
Darius Martin, Action Andretti and Lee Johnson defeat Lee Moriarty and the WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake)
Trish Adora defeats Lady Frost
Leyla Hirsch defeats Rachael Ellering
Dalton Castle defeats Peter Avalon
Metalik defeats Tony Nese

PWG 20, Mystery Vortex:

Konosuke Takeshita defeats Rey Horus
Jon Moxley defeats Titus Alexander
Roderick Strong defeats Michael Oku
Evil Uno, Maki Itoh and Aramis defeat Peter Avalon, Masha Slamovich and Latigo
Fenix defeats Black Taurus
Daniel Garcia retains the world title over Speedball Mike Bailey in an over-hour-long ironman match

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
Just curious, anyone have anything to say about that Garcia//Speedball iron man match? I'm not a PWG follower outside of clips, but that sounds like a dream match before its time, kinda.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

well, it's their fourth meeting, and Speedball was 2-1 before, with the one loss coming in the BOLA 2022 final

otherwise, idk what to say, it's probably just a really good match

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
How was Peter Avalon able to do both RoH and PWG?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

How was Peter Avalon able to do both RoH and PWG?

ROH was taped on the 12th, PWG was on the 13th

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Venomous posted:

ROH was taped on the 12th, PWG was on the 13th

Gotcha. I thought they were the same night for some reason.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Standingstoic posted:

Just curious, anyone have anything to say about that Garcia//Speedball iron man match? I'm not a PWG follower outside of clips, but that sounds like a dream match before its time, kinda.

We'll let you know when the DVD comes out in 4 months

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Venomous posted:

well, it's their fourth meeting, and Speedball was 2-1 before, with the one loss coming in the BOLA 2022 final

otherwise, idk what to say, it's probably just a really good match

Meaning they're now technically 5-5, right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rampage:

Fenix vs. Komander. Fenix wins, takes off his mask and hands it to a very emotional Komander.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 17, 2023

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

No more mask for Fenix?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Fenix does this when he has really good matches, it's his third time or so doing this in AEW alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Anyone got the details on Emi's anniversary dark match?
https://twitter.com/TheHeatherH/status/1692074857649824193

edit: no need found it
https://twitter.com/DreamSooner/status/1692021049628463398

Here's the ROH Spoilers from that account:
Ryan Nemeth comes out to say it’s “Hunk Appreciation Night” and a open challenge. Leading “Thank You Hunk” (to the tune of C.M. Punk) chants. And it’s accepted by Claudio
Dark Order Vs Dalton Castle and The Boys
Emi Sakura Vs Alice Crowley
Brandon Culter Vs. Blake Christian (VERY fun match. Worth a watch.)
Marina Shafir Vs. Angelica Risk

This will likely spoil AEW all in mystery stuff so concealed

NJPW TV TITLE MATCH: Christopher Daniels Vs Zack Saber Jr.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 17, 2023