Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

That loving bar at the bottom is messier than an mmo.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

If you use mods to make everything worse on purpose, that's on you.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

that's undisputed proof that azura is a manipulative bitch

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

oh i see we are at the "how is the game telling you exactly how to play any different from actual botting" discourse

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Palladium posted:

oh i see we are at the "how is the game telling you exactly how to play any different from actual botting" discourse

I wasn't trying to make any particular point I just wanted an excuse to post that picture (not mine) because I used to have a UI about that cluttered when I was raiding. I would also play in windowed and reduce the window size to about half the laptop's screen to squeeze out a little extra FPS if we were in SerpentShrine Cavern

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
only mmo i played and enjoyed was ddo, possibly because the screen never looked like that

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Peace Walker was a good pick, I really enjoyed the story. The gameplay was kind of easy, but I'll give it some lee-way on that since it's a port from a portable system - you could see how it would be more challenging on a 4-inch screen. The Extra Ops missions, capturing Tanks and Helicopters, managing R&D of your weapons to match your playstyle - all of that poo poo really worked for me. Wish I could have played it while it was at its peak playerbase to do the versus/co-op stuff more.

in conclusion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvc_dWs1f4

a peace walker remake using the fox engine would've been incredible. too bad konami took a vow to never again make good games.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
exciting days ahead, work on an appearance respec mod has begun: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/899

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

If you use mods to make everything worse on purpose, that's on you.

Those are the ones who make it better. The default UI is worse

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

a peace walker remake using the fox engine would've been incredible. too bad konami took a vow to never again make good games.

im struggling to think of any same or later era engine that was optimized better than fox

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

does drow gear that have that baloney where it loses its magic in daylight I haven't gotten that far yet

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

exciting days ahead, work on an appearance respec mod has begun: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/899

Oh good

Buck Wildman posted:

does drow gear that have that baloney where it loses its magic in daylight I haven't gotten that far yet

I found a set of prefaded armour but I don't think the regular stuff takes debuffs? Not that I've noticed anyway

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

probably not. D&D has phased that out over the years

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So is there any point in leveling a martial class higher than 5 where you get your 2nd attack?

Because all the upgrades after that seem like garbage, except for fighter who gets a 3rd attack eventually.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Arivia posted:

probably not. D&D has phased that out over the years

bully, I'm out of touch with the newer additions for the most part

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

skill issue

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

they made drows woke

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Popy posted:

they made drows woke

drowlycule

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lostconfused posted:

So is there any point in leveling a martial class higher than 5 where you get your 2nd attack?

Because all the upgrades after that seem like garbage, except for fighter who gets a 3rd attack eventually.

The games based off 5e there's no reason to ever take 1 level of anything that isn't a spellcaster unless you feel like a gimmick or challenge run

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

"temporarily hostile" I guess that's true when you consider they'll be dead in a few minutes

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

The games based off 5e there's no reason to ever take 1 level of anything that isn't a spellcaster unless you feel like a gimmick or challenge run

The level cap is 12, so there's still 7 levels to go.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

someone needs to get those crits off on whatever's got Hold cast on it

aside from the druid
and the summons
and the dead you raised
and the enemy you dominated

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lostconfused posted:

The level cap is 12, so there's still 7 levels to go.

Thats 7 levels you can take of Wizard to go with your Fighter's Eldrich Knight subclass.:smugwizard:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

disagree there's an achievement for multiclassing into every class in the game

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Thats 7 levels you can take of Wizard with your Eldrich Knight subclass.:smugwizard:

Well duh, that's what I implied when I posted the reddit thread before, but I'm thinking about my Barbarian right now. The Eldrich Knight is for later.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Buck Wildman posted:

disagree there's an achievement for multiclassing into every class in the game

I mean that 100% falls into a "gimmick or challenge run"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Palladium posted:

im struggling to think of any same or later era engine that was optimized better than fox

idk what engine it was but ghost of Tsushima was maybe the most optimized ps4 game ever made.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I mean that 100% falls into a "gimmick or challenge run"

there's nothing "gimmicky" about cheevo hunting good sir

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Although maybe 4 wizard + 3 sorcerer might be better.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they should have a kobold companion that, on levelup, just adds another level one kobold until you get 12 of them

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Anyway, I was thinking 5 Barbarian and then 4 Fighter, I assume "Extra Attack" at level 5 wouldn't do anything a second time.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

they should have a kobold companion that, on levelup, just adds another level one kobold until you get 12 of them

this would be amazing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

Anyway, I was thinking 5 Barbarian and then 4 Fighter, I assume "Extra Attack" at level 5 wouldn't do anything a second time.

if you have Extra Attack from Barbarian 5, and Extra Attack from Fighter 5 (I know your post says "4 Fighter"), you can attack three times using your action.

EDIT: I was completely wrong, don't listen to the above

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Aug 14, 2023

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Popy posted:

they made drows woke

lol.

I can’t believe drow are still a thing. yes their current origin story is not pure racism but their original story sure was (they became evil so their skin color turned dark). should just remove them from the setting entirely imo.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you have Extra Attack from Barbarian 5, and Extra Attack from Fighter 5 (I know your post says "4 Fighter"), you can attack three times using your action.

Oh ok, I thought it didn't work that way, because the Fighter gets a different feat that says "Improve Extra Attack" at level 11 that gives them two extra attacks per action.

So I thought it kind of reduces the fighter gimmick if you can just stack 2 other martial classes and do the exact same thing at 10.

It makes sense for fighter to get it later, since their class still keeps getting stuff leading up to 11.

But other martial classes don't get poo poo, so seems weird, but whatever.

Then I'd just do 5 barbarian and 6 fighter.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

lol.

I can’t believe drow are still a thing. yes their current origin story is not pure racism but their original story sure was (they became evil so their skin color turned dark). should just remove them from the setting entirely imo.

Look people wanted to play elves so you have good elves and bad elves. But then everyone thought that the bad elves were super cool but then wanted to play them good, so now you have good elves, bad elves, and good bad elves.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
never mind what I said - the BG3 devs don't interpret the rules the way I do, I was going off the tabletop

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah that's what I mean that Baldur's Gate 3 is very "gamey"

There isn't so much a consistent progression of levels as just stacking class features and rules lawyering things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

never mind what I said - the BG3 devs don't interpret the rules the way I do, I was going off the tabletop

I was about to say, it explicitly does not work that way in tabletop. Only way to get more than 2 attacks is to go fighter 11.