Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Saponkov better not accept any packages from now on, and stay on the ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Nah. It's worth being a pedant about average vs median.

Median is a much better metric than the average when talking about income. With the median, half the population earns more than that, half earns less. With average income, throw in a few obscenely rich people and watch it skew upwards towards meaninglessness.

So I don't know, maybe instead of giving passive-aggressive statistics lectures, you could have contributed towards the topic?

And its US median of $19,306 vs. Russian median of $5,504 (563 499 rubles), so its (143/563499) * 19306 = 4,9 USD based on 2023 data from this site: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/median-income-by-country

...And yet we do not know if its what kind of store that is, or even a bakery, what kind of bread that is, is it handmade, baked onsite, or from some baked goods factory, where that store is and all the other fun facts which would tell us if that bread is supposed to be affordable by even the lowest of low incomes, or just by the customers of some Moscow shopping mall.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Ukraine War: better bread than dead

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Serhiy_Kruk/status/1690966832516075521?s=20

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Le smart HIMARS has arrived.

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Der Kyhe posted:

So I don't know, maybe instead of giving passive-aggressive statistics lectures, you could have contributed towards the topic?

And its US median of $19,306 vs. Russian median of $5,504 (563 499 rubles), so its (143/563499) * 19306 = 4,9 USD based on 2023 data from this site: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/median-income-by-country

...And yet we do not know if its what kind of store that is, or even a bakery, what kind of bread that is, is it handmade, baked onsite, or from some baked goods factory, where that store is and all the other fun facts which would tell us if that bread is supposed to be affordable by even the lowest of low incomes, or just by the customers of some Moscow shopping mall.

That site is talking about international dollars, which aren't the same as actual dollars. It also seems to be doing some kind of PPP conversion, so it would already be accounting for cost of living.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

breads like $5-6 at local store

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Dandywalken posted:

breads like $5-6 at local store

That's it. I'm moving to Russia.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
This thread has really opened my eyes about the lies of the West. Looking forward to my payday bread loan.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tsyni posted:

This thread has really opened my eyes about the lies of the West. Looking forward to my payday bread loan.

"Pay over months or pay off with one enlistment for the Special Operation"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Service guarantees breadship!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Service guarantees breadship!

Service guarantees breadsticks

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1691058810712895488#m
At this rate, he's definitely getting arrested and getting a cell next to Girkin.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Have we heard anything about gherkin so far

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

He died on the way to his home planet.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Well folks Russia has proven that it can disconnect from the west. The ruble is now at 98 to the dollar instead of 100. What are you Western agents going to say about this one huh

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Bread-chat makes me wonder if there is a parallel black market exhange rate on the streets of Moscow for western currencies and bread loans?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

i call it "khleb"

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Well folks Russia has proven that it can disconnect from the west. The ruble is now at 98 to the dollar instead of 100. What are you Western agents going to say about this one huh

If it continues at this pace, it will be worth more than the dollar before the end of the year. Troubling.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
"Come on, let's get that bread" (American) - easy, decadent, feminine

"Come on, let's get that bread" (Russian) - aspirational, stoic, fatalistic

"Come on, let's get that bread" (Duck) -
Pure, wholesome, technically not a good diet

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

His lawyer made a statement a couple weeks ago saying that he wasn't allowed to even discuss the details of the case and Girkin's charges to the public.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

zone posted:

His lawyer made a statement a couple weeks ago saying that he wasn't allowed to even discuss the details of the case and Girkin's charges to the public.

We're never seeing him again, aren't we?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dandywalken posted:

i call it "khleb"

Хлеб

And yes there is a black market for Western currency. Most likely it's not street level people as much as smuggler chains delivering your favorite Napa wine to your dacha.

There's a very healthy blockade/sanction running apparatus that keeps the Moscow elites happily fueled up.

Black market bread? Probably. And most likely that will cause issues of its own. Especially with what can be used to make the bread larger.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 14, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1691085714773925890#m
A command post was destroyed by Ukraine in the vicinity of Mariupol. Presumably, they're referring to the hit this morning in Yurivka.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

JustCallMeDC posted:

We're never seeing him again, aren't we?

habeas gherkus

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Corpus Gherkis :(

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Der Kyhe posted:

I wasn't being passive aggressive towards you, at least not intentionally. I was initially joking asking for median. You responded with an opinion, I stated my opinion of your opinion. Then I explained why, because someone seemed confused why their median wasn't matching an average, so the statistics lecture seemed timely, but also with the expectation that if I am wrong, but explain my reasoning, you or someone else might correct me and I might learn something.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Something tells me bread isn't a good benchmark in this case considering, y'know... all the grain Russia has been stealing from the country it invaded.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Cable Guy posted:

edit: tweaked

Battle of Iwo Suka

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So local Swiss news kinda confused my brain. Nestle is all over the news crying because Russia took away their factories.
- Nestle factories in Russia got nationalised and Nestle lost a lot of money because they wanted to keep milking that market (circumventing sanctions)
- Russia got free factories

Hopefully Ukraine bombs those factories and relieves this pressure from my mind.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laffo:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Tahirovic posted:

So local Swiss news kinda confused my brain. Nestle is all over the news crying because Russia took away their factories.
- Nestle factories in Russia got nationalised and Nestle lost a lot of money because they wanted to keep milking that market (circumventing sanctions)

Hopefully Ukraine bombs those factories and relieves this pressure from my mind.

Nestle has no qualms about using PMC's when their profits are threatend. lol if this ended swiss nutellatrality.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thank you russia for stealing from nestle. Now go gently caress yourself.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I have informed Nestle that union president Vladimir Putin is organizing labor!

Now we play the waiting game.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
CONGLATURATION !!!

YOU HAVE DAMAGED A BAD COMPANY

AND PROOVED THE JUSTICE OF OUR CULTURE

NOW GO AND DIE OUR HEROES !

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Tahirovic posted:

Russia... Good?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fumble posted:

Nestle has no qualms about using PMC's when their profits are threatend. lol if this ended swiss nutellatrality.

:lol:

Huge laughs if Switzerland seizes the Oligarchs assets and gives them to Ukraine

Lmaos even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Runa posted:

responsible bread financing

This sounds like something zaurg would do ngl