Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Given the recent arc of the character I’d imagine he’d be thriving in that environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Stirf will return, but he will be a mutant going forward, for the brand synergy.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I *think* the "dying in a specific place" thing is more so that they go directly to where ever Polaris went, so they don't gotta search for it as hard in the winding impossible spawling hellspace? Not sure, though!

Also come on guys, if Mother went to Heaven, surely Stirfry did too? He was Catholic af right at the end there AND died in a noble as hell sacrifice after admitting his sins? That's Heaven material! And they're both making the place absolutely terrible, I bet.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The gang are gonna have to bust Stirfry out of heaven

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Party Boat posted:

as much as i want the plot to move forward i also want this

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Party Boat posted:

please please please this would be the funnest two parter

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Party Boat posted:

The gang are gonna attack and dethrone god.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Warbird posted:

The gang are gonna attack and dethrone god.

Would fit in great with the lyrics to the "Ding dong goes the bell" song as well. Stirfry could grab God by his beard and make him beg forgiveness!

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

seaborgium posted:

Would fit in great with the lyrics to the "Ding dong goes the bell" song as well. Stirfry could grab God by his beard and make him beg forgiveness!

I thought of that too. drat this song is so good

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

the way they were talking about it on the latest Rude Talks of Chatting sounded like we aren't gonna see Stirf again, but I could be wrong!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Where did "I would Die for Stirfry" originate, I've only seen it here and Tim brought up in Chatting, so either he lurks or it was coined on Reddit or their Discord

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

koshmar posted:

Where did "I would Die for Stirfry" originate, I've only seen it here and Tim brought up in Chatting, so either he lurks or it was coined on Reddit or their Discord

I could swear it came up in an early episode (maybe a rude talks, but I don't think so because I didn't sub until late) where they were joking about how stirfry is a maniac and someone said something like "but i'm sure all our listeners are gonna be like 'i would die for stirfry'"

that said it would surprise me not at all to learn that at least one of the cast is a goon and reads the thread (hello if i'm right, love the show, big fan)

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 16, 2023

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I'm 99% sure it's episode 3, the first one with Mother.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Ainsley McTree posted:

I could swear it came up in an early episode (maybe a rude talks, but I don't think so because I didn't sub until late) where they were joking about how stirfry is a maniac and someone said something like "but i'm sure all our listeners are gonna be like 'i would die for stirfry'"

that said it would surprise me not at all to learn that at least one of the cast is a goon and reads the thread (hello if i'm right, love the show, big fan)

chris, taylor (RIP) & maybe branson have accts iirc

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

VERY COOL MAN posted:

oh yeah, i just remembered that pitch-perfect swan boy that was about the forums

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I'm 99% sure it's episode 3, the first one with Mother.

Yes it's this, start listening about 25:45 into the episode for the origin of the thread title.

VERY COOL MAN posted:

I mean the reason Chris got internet famous is because he turned his forums handle into a webcomic.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I mean the reason Chris got internet famous is because he turned his forums handle into a webcomic.

oh yes, dr. mcninja fanart is the... third? ish thing i ever posted on the internet, eons ago

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Show yourself you cowards

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Also Branson release a Swan Boy book, coward

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Turns out Tim sold some photos to Reductress some years back

RIP Stirfry, RIP Tim Platt

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Halfway thru today's episode, wondering what happens next

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You typically listen to the other half next OP, hth

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They actually did it, mad bastards.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Huh, Bellow is now technically Stirfry's dad.

The joke was foreshadowing all along!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Mods, please change my name to Mid-coitus Goblin tia

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Well poo poo, wonder how many episodes they've got in the backlog

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1699417990133850130?s=20

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh huh. Not sure how I feel about that but stories have to end at some point. Have they given any indication as to what might be next? I’d presume just another campaign with different characters but to be honest I haven’t really cared too much for their other stuff. Come At The King I came around on but the lack of de Bonesby was strongly felt.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Warbird posted:

Oh huh. Not sure how I feel about that but stories have to end at some point. Have they given any indication as to what might be next? I’d presume just another campaign with different characters but to be honest I haven’t really cared too much for their other stuff. Come At The King I came around on but the lack of de Bonesby was strongly felt.

The first reply to that tweet hints at an announcement about the next campaign

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

koshmar posted:

The first reply to that tweet hints at an announcement about the next campaign

Any chance you could screenshot it for those of us unwilling to maintain accounts on The Site Formerly Known as Twitter?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

koshmar posted:

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1699417990133850130?s=20

:cry: :cry:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Any chance you could screenshot it for those of us unwilling to maintain accounts on The Site Formerly Known as Twitter?

And on the Discord:

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Rampant Dwickery posted:

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1699417993862664557?s=19

basically no details but it's a relief!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So Stirf is attacking and dethroning god right? That seems like a given.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

VoidBurger posted:

And on the Discord:

Makes sense that they would keep going, considering they were picked up by Headgum and their Pateon seems to be doing very well

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

another clue

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1699473904925041085?s=20

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

koshmar posted:

The last episode was 66 so it's possible they'll do a McElroys and the final one will be episode 69

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Party Boat posted:

The last episode was 66 so it's possible they'll do a McElroys and the final one will be episode 69

I was wondering the same thing myself, it would be fitting, they have a lot to do in 3 episodes though.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Their goal has been in sight for a while, but it’s still shocking to hear just how close we are to the end. Branson’s description of Hell lead me to think there’s be room for all kinds of adventures there.

Albee’s big scene was some great loving storytelling.

Also, drat, stinger got me thinking we might be sending off Stir Fry. Condemned to be sent to one of the worst Heavens. Still, the worst Heaven seems pretty tight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Warbird posted:

So Stirf is attacking and dethroning god right? That seems like a given.

They may have given some foreshadowing in the bellringer song, with Tim singing paraphrased, "I will look God in the eyes, grab him by his beard and make him beg forgiveness"