Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Old and busted: Player in the best shape of his life.

New hotness: Coach in the best shape of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Has Andy lost weight?

It's a rerun

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He accumulates football knowledge in his gut as the regular season progresses. It is the source of his powers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I assumed he pulled life force from his sons. Britt Reid is in jail now so that would explain the shrinking.

Spencer Reid should stay away from the Chief's facility.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yikes
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1691128231229902857

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Sandra Bullock would never do that!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I read the book but didn't see the movie. I'm fairly unsurprised by this development. That whole situation seemed really strange.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Unfortunately I don’t think jail is in the cards but I hope they have to give Oher all their money

He should just get their house too, gently caress them

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fun fact. The Tuohy daughter married Cannon Smith, brother of Arthur Smith, and also another FedEx billionaire scion.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

This never would've happened if he had taken the time to learn reading comprehension from loving white folks

Nov 6, 2002

Everything about the Blind Side movie is embarrassing, looking back at it now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is my son, Cannon.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

I love Dr. Mike and this made me laugh a lot especially the fact that even as not an exercise scientist I could tell there was no loving way this was a workout Tom Brady would ever do

That whole Michael Oher situation sure is something, and I hope he takes them to the cleaners

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

fsif posted:

This is my son, Cannon.

My son is also Cannon

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Isn't it fairly common to become someone's guardian rather than adopt?

No idea if that document is nefarious for NFL salary reasons.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1690858473330806784

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

fsif posted:

This is my son, Cannon.

it would be very funny if he has the Chad Pennington noodle arm

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

kiimo posted:

Isn't it fairly common to become someone's guardian rather than adopt?

No idea if that document is nefarious for NFL salary reasons.

IANAL, but I believe guardianship is "you are a child and we are responsible for you" vs. conservators being "you are an adult and we make decisions for you because you are unable to do so yourself"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This is cool

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1691090869552865280

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Shrimpy posted:

IANAL, but I believe guardianship is "you are a child and we are responsible for you" vs. conservators being "you are an adult and we make decisions for you because you are unable to do so yourself"

It's more "what this fuckin' state calls this particular fuckin' thing."

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

fsif posted:

This is my son, Cannon.

Beefy Michael Cera lmao

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We met her at a work event when I was at my last big company, and man she is everything you expect she is. Entitled, narcissistic, general rear end in a top hat vibes

edit: Wow. Tricking the dude @ 18 to sign away his rights, then do this

quote:

The petition further alleges that the Tuohys used their power as conservators to strike a deal that paid them and their two birth children millions of dollars in royalties from an Oscar-winning film that earned more than $300 million, while Oher got nothing for a story "that would not have existed without him." In the years since, the Tuohys have continued calling the 37-year-old Oher their adopted son and have used that assertion to promote their foundation as well as Leigh Anne Tuohy's work as an author and motivational speaker.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 14, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh wait so did they Britney Spears him??

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Beefy Michael Cera lmao

lol Fogell and Evan pumping iron their freshman year once the anchor of Seth was out of the way

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Everything about the Blind Side movie is embarrassing, looking back at it now.

Yeah, but I also love any movie where a well-known person plays themselves in said movie with the scene of all of the SEC coaches visiting their house. See also; anytime an ESPN talking head shows up in the Creed films.

Anyway I hope Oher gets as much money out of those creeps as he can.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the white saviors were actually the baddies?!

surely you jest

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kiimo posted:

Oh wait so did they Britney Spears him??

Effectively, yes.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

The newsflash is that Andy has definitely lost weight

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

it's an old episode :sigh:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shrimpy posted:

Yeah, there are different types of guardianships and it can vary by state, but the basic idea is it’s a lower legal standard than adoption to establish wardship and provide care for a youth. An adoption means full termination of parental rights and the new folks become your new parents, there’s no more legal bond with your bio family and you can get a birth certificate with your adoptive parents on it and everything; in my neck of the woods there are two types of guardianships, in both the youth remains a ward of the court and there are yearly check-ins with a judge, and the court retains authority for some decision-making (e.g. major medical issues like for a do not resuscitate decision), but otherwise the guardians can largely act the same as parents could, the big thing is (depending on the type of guardianship) the bio parents can still petition to have the court dissolve the guardianship, their legal rights haven’t fully been terminated. All of which seems to be moot because I think this is about a conservatorship and not a guardianship, but I so rarely get to act like I know anything!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/richplow/status/1691160016659558400

God people are posting clips from the movie now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dexo posted:

Jesus

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dexo posted:

nominated for best picture

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
99th percentile in Protective Instincts.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

She's America's sweetheart

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sandra Bullock: This is a bed, this is a lamp, this is a coffee mug

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Michael Oher was found in a field, unable to communicate, living in harmony with nature. He never knew that other humans existed or had beds until The Tuohys civilized him and taught him Foot-Ball, because his size and aggression, honed after years of living off the land, made him an ideal OT.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Michael Lewis doing some good journalism!! Thank you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zack Martin deal restructured, gets more guaranteed money, and maybe if I pray real hard Jerry Jones will die tomorrow just cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1691141234520109063?t=6IwA2Ev4b2iaAU6vv2WsBw&s=19