Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dr_rat posted:

I would be extremely paranoid about that door loving. As if your stuck on the inside, there's no reception and that's doors jam, pretty sure there's sweet gently caress all you could do.

Doors can't gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

dr_rat posted:

I would be extremely paranoid about that door loving. As if your stuck on the inside, there's no reception and that's doors jam, pretty sure there's sweet gently caress all you could do.

I'd be more worried about the constant damp and whatever is brewing in the flooded silo shaft.

Going off the diagrams I can find there should be an emergency escape shaft accessible via a small hatch and ladder in the ceiling of the crew section, that is assuming it still works and has not been stripped and blocked off by one of the previous owners however.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That thing must be absolutely full of asbestos.

Like every bit of cable or pipework, just loaded with the stuff.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

dr_rat posted:

That’s when you roll out the cutting torch.

It’s nature’s master key.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Man didn't know that wires can both hold and conceal wires!

e: also holy gently caress that article is a pro-click

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

135 Pearl St SE, Atlanta, GA 30316

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I see no problems with this, it's very cute

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I mean, living in a house right out of a newspaper comic strip isn't for me but there's nothing wrong with it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that would be a bargain in my neck of the woods. i guess that’s a cursed price for atlanta?

e: the description seems really dumb, but also maybe that’s young people talk now? i do not know :shrug:

TrashMammal has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Aug 14, 2023

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

e: the description seems really dumb, but also maybe that’s young people talk now? i do not know :shrug:

It's that. The house is (probably) fine, but the listing is cringe.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Gen Z: Looking for that chill energy and steady coin bag? Bet, you've swiped right. This crib is the perfect mix of location goals, fresh makeovers, and that hot, hard-to-get, off-street parking. It's all sorts of fire, no cap. Translation: Renovated home with income producing ADU and tons of off-street parking. Gen Z: Picture this, strolling through a Dutch door into your personal aesthetic vibe, with a dope ADU in the backyard ready to make some serious coin. Plus, a pool and hot tub combo that's literally shouting "relaxation station." New windows bringing in all that glowy, lit fire from the ATL sun. The open-concept layout's gonna have you saying "pass the vibes" when you peep those high, 9' ceilings. The scent of pine hits different as your kicks slide over heart of pine floors. Then your eyes catch that renovated kitchen, straight out of a Pinterest mood board, ready to make your foodie dreams pop off - you're low-key starved. Maybe it's 'bout time to slide over to Krogg Street and grab some munchies. It's a whole mood. Let's yeet on the scooters and vibe down the Beltline post-dinner. Then head back to the crib with bae and chill on the breezy front porch. It's the perfect spot for sipping iced kombucha and watching the world go by. You can even ditch the whip and rent out your off-street parking to make some extra coin. This pad ain't just any pad, bruh. It's an entire rom-com waiting to happen. It's a fresh TikTok draft, ready to be hit with your life's love story vibes, all while vibing in one of ATL's hottest spots. So, say "thank u, next" to that daily traffic grind and make this dream a big-time glow up. Facts, no printer. Hold up, take a sec and ask yourself, fam, "Is 135 Pearl Street the vibe check?" If it's a "yeet," then it's time to glow up your living game. Shoot a text to the 'rents for that bread and slide into your real estate agent's DMs to set up a showing. Ain't no time to be caught slippin' on this one, it's go time, periodt! Translation: 135 Pearl Street is the hottest listing in Atlanta right now. Get your act together, schedule a showing and buy it before it's too late. Search: 135 Pearl Street on YouTube to see video walkthrough.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Should have said so when you posted it ultrafilter, can't expect all of us to be checking the descriptions like crazy people.

speaking of, Imma run this text block through a TTS with no interruptions at all. as was intended.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

really though is that a minstrel show or is that how the kids (or at least their commercials) talk now? i have no idea and i feel old and lost and scared

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Yeah I wish I'd read the description first good god. It's both adorable that the person who wrote it doesn't know what 'yeet' means, but also alarming just how many times the description mentions "extra coin" like they're targeting AirBnB assholes and trust fund babies.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Yeah I wish I'd read the description first good god. It's both adorable that the person who wrote it doesn't know what 'yeet' means, but also alarming just how many times the description mentions "extra coin" like they're targeting AirBnB assholes and trust fund babies.

I mean, they're absolutely targeting trust fund babies:

quote:

Shoot a text to the 'rents for that bread and slide into your real estate agent's DMs to set up a showing.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

well that’s one way to get a house on some intriguing lists

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

By popular demand posted:

I mean, living in a house right out of a newspaper comic strip isn't for me but there's nothing wrong with it.

The issue is when it changes day to day at the whims of the colorists, you'd always be wondering if you're about to step in someone else's door!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh man, "Let's yeet on the scooters and vibe down the Beltline post-dinner." is a thing I must find a time to tell young people while sitting backwards on a chair with a reversed baseball cap.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
need a pallet cleanser after reading that description? how about some oysters

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Hope they picked every single barnacle off every single shell, and scraped every bit of meat from the insides because otherwise it's gonna reek.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's extremely not how humans talk, of any age. It's a madlib filled with a list of words from TikTok

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

Just imagine how good that feels as a back scratcher, though. Whip off your shirt after a long, hard day and just start rubbing up on it, oh yeah...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There are easier ways to flense.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what an incredible misinterpretation of tabby concrete

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I don't think there's any way to properly dust that thing unless you go at it with a computer duster ONE SHELL AT A TIME

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

`Nemesis posted:

Was the house built by an otter?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

We built this chimney
We built this chimney from oyster shells

I don't know why that came to mind.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

OwlFancier posted:

Neat, I learned a new word. Thanks Weird House thread!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

`Nemesis posted:

This is both ugly to look at and painful to think about leaning or falling against

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

`Nemesis posted:

Midden chimneys are in right now

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Out the corner of your vision, it would look like a thousand staring eyes. Especially by firelight.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Yeah I can almost imagine it having a sort of Junji Ito quality to it when not fully illuminated

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dick Fontaine posted:

really though is that a minstrel show or is that how the kids (or at least their commercials) talk now? i have no idea and i feel old and lost and scared

It's not how the kids talk now. Well, it is, but not this way - you might hear some of these phrases sprinkled in, but it won't be a dense impenetrable patois like in the ad. In context it's pretty intelligible, and not scary.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Posted in the AUG thread but it's at home here:
https://i.imgur.com/XK3feEu.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It may look unattractive, but flatulence reverb has decreased by over 90% since I installed the wall carpeting

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DrBouvenstein posted:

Posted in the AUG thread but it's at home here:
https://i.imgur.com/XK3feEu.mp4

That entire video I kept expecting the camera to pan over to a hole in the wall with a husky in it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Hygiene posted:

It may look unattractive, but flatulence reverb has decreased by over 90% since I installed the wall carpeting

Okay but what if I want to increase it. Like a fart subwoofer.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OwlFancier posted:

:golfclap: I remember an article describing Meryl Streep as having "a long flensing line of a nose" (paraphrase), and it's stuck with me for 30 years at least.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flense is a great word that you unfortunately have very few opportunities to use once you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's not any one house, but a collection of house crimes. nearly all from https://www.instagram.com/pleasehatethesethings/

Kinda like this one:

https://i.imgur.com/2417Anm.mp4