Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is hilariously small time and has huge “what are they smoking over there at Anfield” vibes, but also it’s going to be wild to see what Chelsea do a couple years down the road when they realize all of their FFP space is tied up from several rounds of insane spending from years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1691121442526552065?s=20

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So when will Liverpool be bidding too much or not enough for Tyler Adams?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lmao

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the salary must be nuts, how many fuckin midfielders are they gonna be competing with

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'll admit I'd never heard of Tonali because I don't follow italian football but it seems a bit wild he is costing what these 19 year old relegated players also cost

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

I'll admit I'd never heard of Tonali because I don't follow italian football but it seems a bit wild he is costing what these 19 year old relegated players also cost

Tonali would have been £90m if he were homegrown

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

by gawd that's arthur's music!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Which Chelsea supporter can we rename Toilet Boehly

On transfer window stuff wondering how many outgoing are gonna happen at the arse

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/PSG_Is_Love/status/1691126180244762624

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Half a million to post a link to a video of Neom and say “looks cool!” Incredible.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Slotducks posted:

by gawd that's arthur's music!

Every day when you're walking down the street
Everybody that you meet
Has an original point of view

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Caicedo and Lavia are shite and thus I never wanted them anyway.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Half a million to post a link to a video of Neom and say “looks cool!” Incredible.

Almost as funny as “living with your girlfriend” listed as a benefit

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Why the gently caress do Chelsea need so many midfielders lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maybe Todd Boehly just hates John Henry

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

T Bowl posted:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Imagine telling your girlfriend that, no, you don’t have to get married; you’ll just have a foreign government change its laws so that you can continue to shack up.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

T Bowl posted:

They now have 8 and that includes

• one who hasn't made a senior appearance in midfield and will be going on loan (Hall)
  • one who has mostly played Serie B (Santos) except for 6 top flight appearances in Brazil
  • and one who has played 750 minutes of senior football (Chukwuemeka)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Better buy more then, Todd

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

sebzilla posted:

Every day when you're walking down the street
Everybody that you meet
Has an original point of view

and I say HEY
what a wonderful kind of day

gently caress you, my kids don't even watch this anymore and it was finally out of my head

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

They now have 8 and that includes

• one who hasn't made a senior appearance in midfield and will be going on loan (Hall)
  • one who has mostly played Serie B (Santos) except for 6 top flight appearances in Brazil
  • and one who has played 750 minutes of senior football (Chukwuemeka)

I hate to do this but they only have 2 top quality midfielders in Enzo and Moises, which isn't enough if you want to challenge City or Arsenal (god I feel dirty saying that).

I love Gallagher as a palace fan but he doesn't seem to work at Chelsea (please come back) so he has to go into the second tier along with Lavia (if they get him) and Chukwuemeka.

The rest are too young or experienced to be anything other than bit part players.

I would argue they are still a player short but that does depend on the formation they are planning on.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe they wouldn’t have to pay £160m for two new midfielders if they didn’t sell Kovacic this window for a fraction of that price

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Maybe they wouldn’t have to pay £160m for two new midfielders if they didn’t sell Kovacic this window for a fraction of that price

Kovacic is old and not very good though

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I don't get Kovacic. I have no idea what his role is in a team apart from being generally a bit above average in a mason mount kinda way.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TheRat posted:

Kovacic is old and not very good though
Good enough for Pep ball

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Kovacic had a worse injury record than KANTE, was into the last year of his contract, aging, not overly good and they got 30 million for him. Sure the prices have gone up since his sale but there were enough reasons to sell him if he could be upgraded.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The player who has scored the most Chelsea goals since Mason Mount's debut is Mason Mount.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

The player who has scored the most Chelsea goals since Mason Mount's debut is Mason Mount.

Lol now there’s some advanced stats

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

notaspy posted:

I hate to do this but they only have 2 top quality midfielders in Enzo and Moises, which isn't enough if you want to challenge City or Arsenal (god I feel dirty saying that).

I love Gallagher as a palace fan but he doesn't seem to work at Chelsea (please come back) so he has to go into the second tier along with Lavia (if they get him) and Chukwuemeka.

The rest are too young or experienced to be anything other than bit part players.

I would argue they are still a player short but that does depend on the formation they are planning on.

Gallagher wants to stay and fight for his place and no one is offering enough money to tempt Chelsea to sell, especially with Nkunku injured and Mount and Havertz gone.

First choice midfield 3 is Nkunku/Enzo/Caicedo which should be top 4 quality. 2nd choice is Gallagher, Lavia, and probably Chukwuemeka. Tho Santos and Ugochukwu might get minutes as well. It's not going to beat City but I don't think that's an attainable goal right now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Chelsea don't even have European football to spread minutes around, somebody's sitting on the bench all season

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Good thing we have a sister club. Now with Lavia and Caicedo coming in, others will go out.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Chelsea will easily win the coveted “most consonants in the midfield” trophy even after selling Kovacic

slorb
May 14, 2002
Applying FFP to a multi-club structure like the Boehlyverse or the City cinematic universe must be a nightmare.

If they can transfer players within the same ownership group at valuations they agree to with themselves you basically don't have FFP, but if you apply FFP to the whole ownership structure instead of just Chelsea it gives them a lot more scope to hide losses by juicing revenue at the smaller clubs and then dumping unwanted players on them at fair valuations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Doesn't he have a release clause for 20 million pounds?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Shrapnig posted:

Would actually like to see this happen. He's not as good as prime Fabinho, but he'd bring some aggression to the midfield and would help free up our shiny new attacking midfielders to get forward.

harperdc posted:

Especially if this is true.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Apparently so

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1691156689624375296?s=20

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
lmao and we still need a CB too. this is going to be a chaotic transfer window.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
lol

https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/1691378913602150400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Happy for him. Don’t give up on that £7m payoff my man.