Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the latest qaa premium talks to a bunch of people from some new agey podcast about how rfk jr is a great threat to democracy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they keep on talking about how he gish gallops

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the latest qaa premium talks to a bunch of people from some new agey podcast about how rfk jr is a great threat to democracy lol

I don’t know why I even bother listening to qaa , it’s basically Pod Save America hand wringing, but yeah that one mostly sucked

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
this Machine Kills and Tech Won’t Save Us have been on absolute war path blaze of tech terror recently and it owns

the 2 most cspam podcasts after trueanon. would highly recommend adding them to your podcast player

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

this Machine Kills and Tech Won’t Save Us have been on absolute war path blaze of tech terror recently and it owns

the 2 most cspam podcasts after trueanon. would highly recommend adding them to your podcast player

I like to laugh, do they do it in a funny manner? I listened to a few eps of TWSU and it was informative but also dull and no jokes.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

mawarannahr posted:

are there any really slow action movies?

the matrix

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

oh I actually watched speed recently and that was the perfect speed. it's also well lit, a lot of (newer?) action movies are really dark with a lot of shaky cam and cuts

Speed didn't have CGI unlike modern movies which have tons

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Taking of Pelham 123 is a really good action movie that feels very unlike modern action films because while the way it's shot is a template for a lot of action films going forward, most of the "Action" itself is cutting between sweaty middle-aged men talking to each other over the phone

has there ever been a better sweaty middle-aged man than walter mattau? love that big basset hound of a man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oscarthewilde posted:

has there ever been a better sweaty middle-aged man than walter mattau? love that big basset hound of a man

he's so perfect in that movie and his whole look makes the ending

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/GraceGFreud/status/1691174842719178756

tim rogers is going to translate FFVII in front of a live audience

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wait really

I'm about to get the tiny bronco in my playthrough

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What was the wife loving thing they were joking about at the start of the last Chapo? Who is no jumper?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

KomradeX posted:

Speed didn't have CGI unlike modern movies which have tons

i watched a corridor crew video on speed 2 and they build a town and boat and smashed them together.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

i watched a corridor crew video on speed 2 and they build a town and boat and smashed them together.

that's awesome

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mawarannahr posted:

I like to laugh, do they do it in a funny manner? I listened to a few eps of TWSU and it was informative but also dull and no jokes.

i agree with your judgement, also i didn't find twsu too radical. but tmk is slightly funnier and very informative.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
The venture capitalist response to Ed's Slate article was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and for that I salute him

https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1635302872291381248?t=5JOy8f-MlTaWknYbSV_qYg&s=19

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

The 90s was the last time you had such great physical set pieces like that

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

are there any really slow action movies?

david lynch's the straight story

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

yeah, tech won't save us is basically a public radio show, very dry. I honestly don't think the TMK guys are very funny (though they're often trying to be) but I listen to it because I like the topics they cover and the commentary :shrug:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what's a good podcast to leave on at home for a cat? gentle voices talking about boring poo poo with no ads maybe.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i'm disappointed in the podcast chapo trap house for not being politically effective

:yossame:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

mawarannahr posted:

what's a good podcast to leave on at home for a cat? gentle voices talking about boring poo poo with no ads maybe.

war nerd

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

https://shows.dogpodcastnetwork.com/show/dog-cancer-answers/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

Death Is Just Around The Corner

Economic Update with Professor Dick Wolff

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Frosted Flake posted:

What was the wife loving thing they were joking about at the start of the last Chapo? Who is no jumper?

Yeah, no idea. The revelation that all these guys listen to cuck podcasts was not something I saw coming

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
they’re basically ASMR for me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

they’re basically ASMR for me

i've posted this before but reviewbrah's five-hour podcasts are my shameful sleep sounds

https://soundcloud.com/vorw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
p sure your cat does not give a poo poo about politics or communism so maybe just put on a tranquil Japanese waterfall noise YouTube instead

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

p sure your cat does not give a poo poo about politics or communism so maybe just put on a tranquil Japanese waterfall noise YouTube instead

as long as it's ad-free, can't have that little poo poo circling stuff in the ll bean catalogue

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

Economic Update with Professor Dick Wolff

theme song kicks too much rear end for this purpose

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the fugitive and speed both still absolutely rip

Speed was a great premise for a thriller action movie

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

maybe he feels less lonely with voice.

horrible idea: app that reads soothing stuff to your animal that features its name & trained on your voice so it sounds like you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

Speed was a great premise for a thriller action movie

i sonehow ended up watching this on Tiktok yesterday and I got a speed feeling when the van was going really fast and ramming cars
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-11-16/man-wild-los-angeles-orange-county-police-chase-faces-18-felony-charges

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Xaris posted:

https://twitter.com/MKalousian/status/1637762639345377281

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i cant stand podcasts with ads bro

an ad run in the middle of your podcast is deah i do not care how good ur pod is its not gonna happen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

i sonehow ended up watching this on Tiktok yesterday and I got a speed feeling when the van was going really fast and ramming cars
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-11-16/man-wild-los-angeles-orange-county-police-chase-faces-18-felony-charges

lol i saw this live, it was incredible. the driver stole like 3-4 different cars and kept crashing them like it was GTA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Popy posted:

i cant stand podcasts with ads bro

an ad run in the middle of your podcast is deah i do not care how good ur pod is its not gonna happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWOEtQ6spA

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
cumtown ad reads were hilariously good

maybe the most effective and funniest I’ve ever seen. the first and last time at that. rip cumtown

lemonparry has most of the same cumtown ad reads but the hosts are too scared (if this was 2013 you could even say cucks) to take the piss out of them, sadly

the worst ad reads are on bein Ian because Ian is so pathetic being a whiny begging bitch that it’s uncomfortable cringe

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

lol i saw this live, it was incredible. the driver stole like 3-4 different cars and kept crashing them like it was GTA

someone was streaming it on Tiktok Live and i thought it was happening right then. only noticed when it started getting dark, but it was like 3 pm on the west coast. it was really exciting. tuned out before anyone got shot or otherwise badly hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

someone was streaming it on Tiktok Live and i thought it was happening right then. only noticed when it started getting dark, but it was like 3 pm on the west coast. it was really exciting. tuned out before anyone got shot or otherwise badly hurt

I think that was the one where the police swiss cheesed his car with like 200 rounds then he got out and surrendered alive