Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's called Stray and it's about a dog trying to bite Will Forte's dick and balls off. It will probably not be very good but I love Will Forte so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's an abomination

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

It seems like that movie has been coming out forever but I guess it's only been delayed once this year

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it will appeal to the kind of crowd that grew up on dog movies and now want hard dog movies

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

it will appeal to the kind of crowd that grew up on dog movies and now want hard dog movies

There's no proof that the dog gets hard at any point

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's no proof that the dog gets hard at any point

"Rated R for red rockets"

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Alan Smithee posted:

Quote for truth.

Tangentially, is the dog movie BINGO as weird as I vaguely remember?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that the one where the dog follows a trail of the kid’s piss across the country after the family abandons it?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is that the one where the dog follows a trail of the kid’s piss across the country after the family abandons it?

Yes. The dog is later a witness in a criminal case, testifies, and the stenographer later repeats his testimony.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought that was a different movie but now it makes sense.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hasturtium posted:

Yes. The dog is later a witness in a criminal case, testifies, and the stenographer later repeats his testimony.

the French have a long tradition of dog testimony

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/04/labrador-dog-named-tango-witness-stand-murder-trial-_n_5090614.html

quote:

A Labrador is reported to have appeared in a court of law in an effort to identify his owner's murderer.

The nine-year-old hound named Tango was allegedly brought to the witness stand by a vet during a preliminary hearing of the murder trial.

France’s RTL Radio reports the murder suspect was ordered by the judge to brandish a bat at the dog.

quote:

Back in 2008 a canine named Scooby was brought into a French court after his 59-year-old mistress was found hanging in her home, The Telegraph reports.

Police believed it was a suicide but her family demanded a murder investigation and Scooby was brought in to see how he reacted to a suspect.

https://www.cracked.com/article_32402_the-trial-by-combat-between-a-man-and-his-victims-dog.html

quote:

And so we have the case of Aubry Mondidier, in 14th-century France. Mondidier went missing, and then his dog led a friend, Chevalier Ardilliers, to a tree. Ardilliers spotted signs of digging, investigated, and found Mondidier's corpse buried there. In the days to come, the dog repeatedly attacked another acquaintance of Mondidier's, Chevalier Maquer, and everyone remembered how the two men had been on bad terms. The authorities brought the dog and the man before King Charles V, who saw the dog attack Maquer and only Maquer. This, combined with the dog knowing Mondidier's burial site, suggested it had witnessed its master's murder.

The King ordered trial by combat, between Maquer and the dog, on the Isle of Notre Dame. Maquer would get a chance to slay the dog, but if the dog turned up victorious, that would prove its accusation correct and Maquer guilty. Maquer carried a lance, but the dog managed to get its jaws around his throat. At this point, Maquer signaled for help and confessed to the crime rather than let the dog tear him apart. Naturally, confessing to murder didn't end his problems, and he was now sentenced to a more standard execution, by hanging.

idgaf if the last one is real or not

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Screw The Painted Hills, this is the Lassie movie I want to see.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Holy loving poo poo :aaa:

The dog's love was stronger than lances

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Screw The Last Duel I want to see a dog win trial by combat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That’s how Look Who’s Talking Now ends.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

A Dog's Purpose is, apparently, Vengeance :black101:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Asterite34 posted:

A Dog's Purpose is, apparently, Vengeance :black101:

Reverse John Wick

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Reverse John Wick

I'm shocked this hasn't been made a film yet where the dog's owner is killed and then the dog goes out for vengeance.

Or maybe it has but it's one of those random movies that shows up on some obscure streaming service.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Hills Have Eyes has a dog coming back for vengeance in a big way.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm shocked this hasn't been made a film yet where the dog's owner is killed and then the dog goes out for vengeance.

Or maybe it has but it's one of those random movies that shows up on some obscure streaming service.

That's kind of what happens in White God minus the owner dying.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Screw The Last Duel I want to see a dog win trial by combat.

I love Dragon Age Origins but still hate that they won't let you have the warhound fight Loghain in a duel on your behalf.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

As mentioned upthread, Lassie gets revenge in The Painted Hills (also an MST3K episode)

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Some productions news from an interview with Charles Rovin

quote:

I was also shooting a wonderful movie in Paris. John Woo is remaking his own movie, The Killer, which was one of his seminal Hong Kong movies that he made in 1989. So we had to shut that down because we lost all of our SAG actors, and of course, we honored that. We’ve got somewhere between 10 and 18 days left, so that was obviously very disappointing.

Gal Gadot’s Cleopatra has been in development for quite some time, and Kari Skogland was the last director on the project. Was it making headway prior to the strike?

It was. We moved it from Paramount to Universal, and Kari is still on it. It’s another one where we’re sitting in a stalled situation. We can’t really move the script forward because of the writers’ strike. Kari went off and did the Wind River sequel, but she’s still attached to it.

Is there still a desire to continue Uncharted after an impressive box office run, especially for the time in which it was released?

Oh yeah! We had a really good time with that movie. The fans really liked the movie, and people who didn’t know anything about the game really liked the movie. So we are definitely looking to make another one of those.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/oppenheimer-charles-roven-christopher-nolan-1235560144/

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I am rooting for the strike to continue indefinitely if it spares the world from Gal Gadot's Cleopatra.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I had not heard they were making a sequel to Wind River. The title is apparently Wind River: The Next Chapter which makes me think they're gonna try to make a whole bunch more of them...

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Wind River Part IV, The Final Chapter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The fans absolutely did not like Uncharted

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Clockwork Wind River: It's Pronounced with a Long I

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

FlamingLiberal posted:

The fans absolutely did not like Uncharted

:yeah:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Simplex posted:

I am rooting for the strike to continue indefinitely if it spares the world from Gal Gadot's Cleopatra.

Gal Gadot Cleopatra vs Jada Pinkett Cleopatra in the Hellenistic Cinematic Universe

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hasturtium posted:

I remember at one point the villain ties up the dog and tries to blow him up with a timebomb.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Alan Smithee posted:

Gal Gadot Cleopatra vs Jada Pinkett Cleopatra in the Hellenistic Cinematic Universe

Wait until Will Smith Mark Antony gets involved!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The Bingo movie had a tie in card set which I got packs of as a kid despite never seeing the movie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wind River was a surprisingly nice movie I found while browsing but I don’t know how a sequel would work, plus True Detective S4 sounds like it’s going to have a similar vibe.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Sirotan posted:

I had not heard they were making a sequel to Wind River. The title is apparently Wind River: The Next Chapter which makes me think they're gonna try to make a whole bunch more of them...

Taylor Sheridan wants his franchise and, I guess, after the failure of the Sicario cinematic universe...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Snowman_McK posted:

Taylor Sheridan wants his franchise and, I guess, after the failure of the Sicario cinematic universe...

The only failure was not making a movie based on Donovan's character

But yeah I can't really picture another Wind River movie being well received. I liked it but don't know if we need more stories like that being told through some white character.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

The only failure was not making a movie based on Donovan's character

But yeah I can't really picture another Wind River movie being well received. I liked it but don't know if we need more stories like that seen through some white character

They also took Brolin's flip flops away.

Sicario 2 fuckin' sucked. It was the movie the first one was making fun of, but completely earnest.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah it was bad

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Simplex posted:

Ditto more uncharted and more Taylor Sheridan. Stick to making incredibly lovely series for white boomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Snowman_McK posted:

Sicario 2 fuckin' sucked. It was the movie the first one was making fun of, but completely earnest.

It's unreal that both those films had the same writer. It makes me wonder what was going on behind the scenes because it seems pretty clear in retrospect that Villeneuve is the only reason the first one turned out the way it did.

Snowman_McK posted:

Doesn't he already have Yellowstone to his name? Though as I've been learning lately, "Highly successful" can mean a whole hell of a lot of things depending on what the streaming services want their investors to think, and very few of those things translate to actual profits for the writers.