Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Lammasu posted:

Or use Microsoft reward points. I'm paid up till January 2025 and it's free.

I was able to cash $3 after 8 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Skill issue

felked
Jul 4, 2023

Lammasu posted:

Or use Microsoft reward points. I'm paid up till January 2025 and it's free.

Are ppl setting up like selenium bots for this or you just doing the tasks every day?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

felked posted:

Are ppl setting up like selenium bots for this or you just doing the tasks every day?

Sounds a lot like work.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wish Microsoft would take more of my mind share and give me free gamepass.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I don't have GamePass and even just the browser+mobile rewards from rewards.bing.com get me enough points to be able to redeem a 3-month XBL Gold code every 3 months.

The schadenfreude is that I only realised this about 9 months ago. :(

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I dunno how you guys do it either. I have edge as my main browser in my phone and I get enough points for maybe a month once every 6 months or so.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I dunno how you guys do it either. I have edge as my main browser in my phone and I get enough points for maybe a month once every 6 months or so.

I end up renting a movie once a week or so off the sales, and usually buy a movie if its a good deal. That poo poo adds up

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I don't have GamePass and even just the browser+mobile rewards from rewards.bing.com get me enough points to be able to redeem a 3-month XBL Gold code every 3 months.

The schadenfreude is that I only realised this about 9 months ago. :(

you should look that word up

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I didn't know how people did that "I get my GP for free through 2030 with Rewards" but I guess being in the USA helps a lot. Maybe the streaks help, or leveling up?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I think most of them are probably just also buying a lot of games tbh

e: I hope to God most of these people are just using bots because spending any of your finite lifetime to click surveys or answer sub high school level trivia questions to get 1/1000th of a cent is pretty depressing

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 14, 2023

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I have auto redeem set up and a month of Game Pass costs like 10k? I probably earn 20k a month. Searches are easiest as you can have searches saved as bookmarks and knock those out. Searching things like a movie cast will load up a bar of actors and you can click through them all quickly and they all count as searches. There are the daily quizzes and stuff as well which are pretty easy points.

If you want to do a little more work/mindshare, you can grab the Xbox app on phone and the Rewards app on Xbox. Things like play a PC game (open up Solitaire for a few min), beat a level of Microsoft Jewel, earn an achievement, etc all earn points.

There are scripts out there but they break TOS and you could get banned, there was a wave recently that swept through the subreddit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MikeRabsitch posted:

I have auto redeem set up and a month of Game Pass costs like 10k? I probably earn 20k a month. Searches are easiest as you can have searches saved as bookmarks and knock those out. Searching things like a movie cast will load up a bar of actors and you can click through them all quickly and they all count as searches. There are the daily quizzes and stuff as well which are pretty easy points.

If you want to do a little more work/mindshare, you can grab the Xbox app on phone and the Rewards app on Xbox. Things like play a PC game (open up Solitaire for a few min), beat a level of Microsoft Jewel, earn an achievement, etc all earn points.

There are scripts out there but they break TOS and you could get banned, there was a wave recently that swept through the subreddit.

This sounds a lot like work.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Once you know what you're doing it's like 3 minutes a day of "work". I haven't paid for game pass in years and have bought a controller, a mouse, bunch of other stuff in addition to game pass. If you don't want to do it that's fine but it's a pretty good deal really for like minimal effort.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Do you do the Game Pass quests and Rewards stuff on the console? They add up.

I've been paying for GP for about a year with points and had enough left over to buy Diablo!

Edit: also the daily set on bing.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
I just pay $15 a month like a sucker.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I paid like $120 three years ago and I haven't worried about it since. I'm up in December though hopefully I can do that again

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

1glitch0 posted:

Do you do the Game Pass quests and Rewards stuff on the console? They add up.
i get the popup that tells me i have quests to turn in i would like for that to go away

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

netizen posted:

I just pay $15 a month like a sucker.
This. Hell, Phil deserves it.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
I didn't even know the quest stuff gives you rewards. They just pop up and I turn them in and nothing happens. So I'm just like... ight that's cool. I don't play games all that much anymore so I tend to just pay for GP when I'm in the mood so I'm not hip to all the cool stuff.

I'm close to getting :10bux: in bingbux though so I'm going to cash that in for the premium Starfield upgrade.

That's straight cash money right there.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm sitting on $25 worth right now and its getting redeemed on Armored Core

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

butt dickus posted:

i get the popup that tells me i have quests to turn in i would like for that to go away

Turn in your quests then!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Professor Beetus posted:

I think most of them are probably just also buying a lot of games tbh

e: I hope to God most of these people are just using bots because spending any of your finite lifetime to click surveys or answer sub high school level trivia questions to get 1/1000th of a cent is pretty depressing

I love how American gamers have achieved such Roman Emperor levels of decadence that screwing around on your computer for 10 minutes in exchange for free game pass is considered a waste of time.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
I use bing as my regular search engine and I'd have a whole lot more rewards if I could just remember to log in to my MS account.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Friday the 13th was also developed by Illfonic, who did both the Predator AND Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed games.

My kids have been obsessed with Ghostbusters for several years so that was a Day 1 purchase in our household. It’s a fun enough game on its own but it’s awesome if you’re a fan as it has tons of fan service, being able to play as Slimer or a Terror Dog, really cool to check out the firehouse and customize your character and gear like you always fantasized about. Their commitment to free DLC is also admirable, definitely check it out if you’re remotely into the movies.

Also random fun fact I learned just last week is that Illfonic was cofounded by former Tony! Toni! Toné! member, producer and singer/songwriter, Rafael Saadiq :pseudo:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Turn in your quests then!
but then it's going to come back if i accidentally do a quest is there a way to turn it off entirely

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

butt dickus posted:

but then it's going to come back if i accidentally do a quest is there a way to turn it off entirely

Hmm, that I don't know. Probably not. One of them will pop the first time you open a Game Pass game that day. Every day. Forever.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Hmm, that I don't know. Probably not. One of them will pop the first time you open a Game Pass game that day. Every day. Forever.
i found it under settings->preferences->xbox game pass notifications->quests

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lammasu posted:

I love how American gamers have achieved such Roman Emperor levels of decadence that screwing around on your computer for 10 minutes in exchange for free game pass is considered a waste of time.

Having spent a couple months seeing if this poo poo was worth it, I think you people have no concept of how much time you are actually wasting on this bullshit. If you have a job, pets, family, hobbies, prepare food, go to the gym, sorry, it's not decadence to realize that it's a waste of loving time to give free market research to microsoft in exchange for like 1/100th of a dollar per minute

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Okay

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Professor Beetus posted:

Having spent a couple months seeing if this poo poo was worth it, I think you people have no concept of how much time you are actually wasting on this bullshit. If you have a job, pets, family, hobbies, prepare food, go to the gym, sorry, it's not decadence to realize that it's a waste of loving time to give free market research to microsoft in exchange for like 1/100th of a dollar per minute

It's true. The literal minute a day I spend doing my internet points when I'm waking up is what's keeping me from the gym.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
That's why you do it at work.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

McTimmy posted:

That's why you do it at work.

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, so I farm ms points on company time (for game pass)

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i grew up having to help mom clip coupons and sort through the coupon bin at the front of the store. i am now an adult with a job and i spend my money on game pass to squander time correctly
doing the gold->game pass conversion doesn't count you only gotta do it once every 2 years

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Yeah, being employed has its perks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Also I kind of like doing basic rear end trivia it makes me feel smart :colbert:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Professor Beetus posted:

sounds like you were doing it wrong

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Professor Beetus posted:

How much time do you spend on Something Awful, a privilege you paid for.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
MS Rewards points have made taking a poo poo profitable :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Lammasu posted:

How much time do you spend on Something Awful, a privilege you paid for.

Posting is its own reward