Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Yea red onion is definitely the easy option. Depending on the exact variety they can actually be sweet enough to just eat like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
if you cook red onions you are mentally ill sorry i dont make the rules

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

if you cook red onions you are mentally ill sorry i dont make the rules

There are any number of dishes that specifically call for red onion, especially in Italian cuisine.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i hope your nonna has a good therapist then

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-14/bruce-lehrmann-says-he-will-seek-compensation-in-interview/102724890

pretty easy tbh, don't rape your coworkers I guess

this motherfucker needs to stop talking about the legal action if he's launching it, but then again it'll be interesting when the QLD case appears again (if ever).

Recoome fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 13, 2023

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

It would be fun to see another self defeating defamation case though. Maybe he can even get channel 7 to pay for it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just want that slimy little worm to go away

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-14/bruce-lehrmann-says-he-will-seek-compensation-in-interview/102724890

this motherfucker needs to stop talking about the legal action if he's launching it, but then again it'll be interesting when the QLD case appears again (if ever).

Seems to have no trouble getting work on A Current Affair.

Sadly I'm sure there would be a talk circuit gig for "survivors of rape allegations" :barf:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He can do stunts for Caleb Bond

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
nightmare blunt rotation

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

nightmare blunt rotation

A blunt is a blunt

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

nightmare blunt rotation

not the weirdest loss edit I’ve ever seen but I’ll allow it

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:lol::lol:

Guardian AU posted:

Mark Latham dumped as One Nation’s NSW leader after intervention from Pauline Hanson
Hanson cites party’s electoral performance in letter to members disbanding the party state’s executive

Hanson last week installed a new state executive in NSW and made herself the branch’s temporary leader after disbanding the former state executive in order to axe Latham from the leadership position.

Her intervention leaves One Nation without an official leader in the NSW parliament, where the rightwing party is represented by three upper house MPs; Latham, Rod Roberts and Tania Mihailuk. Hanson wrote to members of One Nation’s NSW leadership team to disband the state executive in a letter citing the party’s failure to meet expectations at the March election as one of the main reasons for ousting Latham as leader. A senior party official told Guardian Australia Hanson had dumped Latham because it was not viable to have a leader that the media refused to deal with. Latham, a former federal Labor leader, posted a lengthy statement to Facebook on Monday afternoon saying the move from Hanson was done “without consultation or due process”. “She has installed her own new state executive with people from Queensland and Tasmania,” he said. “Good party members who worked exceptionally hard for One Nation have been kicked off the executive.” He said Hanson justified the takeover due to the fall in the party’s upper house vote. “In June, NSW One Nation conducted a thorough post-election review involving all our state candidates,” Latham said. “Last month Senator Hanson was briefed on the review’s findings. Our NSW party was moving forward in a sensible, cooperative way but has now been turned upside down by the Queensland intervention.”

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/aug/14/mark-latham-dumped-one-nation-nsw-leader-pauline-hanson

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

hell yeah

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Recoome posted:

compensation from fucken who? he wasnt found innocent and the inquiry that deadshit leaker judge did even found the AG was right to pursue prosecution over police objections

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Robodog posted:

compensation from fucken who? he wasnt found innocent and the inquiry that deadshit leaker judge did even found the AG was right to pursue prosecution over police objections

He insists that he was identifiable from Lisa Wilkinson's interview with Brittany Higgins, and is suing Wilkinson and Channel 10 for defamation. He also claims by airing Higgins' speech to the Press Club, the ABC defamed him, and is suing the ABC.

I have no idea what compensation he thinks he can get over Drumgold. IDK, possibly by making those sensationalist claims of political interference, Drumgold increased the media profile of the case, meaning more damage to poor liddle mr lehrmann's reputation... which was already nationally reported that he was an accused rapist, but like, not reported as much.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

The most divorced/sacked man in the country is at it again

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
A fall from grace can be a tragic thing.

Can be.

gently caress you Latham you oval office.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I feel like ABC producers are approaching a point where it's not just that they don't care about catering to any other audience than rich boomers, it's that it doesn't even occur to them that they should:

https://twitter.com/ABCmediawatch/status/1691052522713251840

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

I feel like ABC producers are approaching a point where it's not just that they don't care about catering to any other audience than rich boomers, it's that it doesn't even occur to them that they should:

Lol, that loving rules. Jordies was right about Mediawatch. It's the media class pretending to be critical of the media class without actually engaging with the real problems that exist within the system.

It's just a pity about all the...

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Also all the transphobia. But they're just asking questions!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Captain Theron posted:

Also all the transphobia. But they're just asking questions!

I knew FriendlyJordies was an ALP shill, but didn't know he was a TERF.

Do you have details?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do you have details?

Somehow I dont think FriendlyJordies is a radical feminist.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Do you have details?

Sorry! Not Jordies as far as I'm aware, but media watch. Should have been clearer.
Media watch has had several episodes devoted to detransitioning and calling out other media for not platforming terfs.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Captain Theron posted:

Sorry! Not Jordies as far as I'm aware, but media watch. Should have been clearer.
Media watch has had several episodes devoted to detransitioning and calling out other media for not platforming terfs.

Lol, amazing.

Wow, can't belive we haven't heard the views of Nazis when talking about hate crimes against Jewish people, not very fair and balanced!

Get in the loving bin.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Theron posted:

truely, who watches the (media)watchmen

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Budget cuts hit the abc so had they cant even afford a spell checker anymore

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-15/hysata-begins-building-worlds-most-efficient-electrolyser/102729908

quote:

Hysata received a $20.9 million grant through the Australian renewable Energey Ageny to build its first five-megawatt demonstration plant.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1691270227156480001?t=FOIZYsS9Z_o4QVjDPm0JZA&s=19

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

“This is the first time in three years that quarterly wages have kept up with inflation – and much better than the fall of 1.5% in the March quarter 2022,” Chalmers said in a joint statement with the employment minister, Tony Burke. “While there will be volatility in the next few quarters, Treasury expects annual real wages to return to growth in early 2024.”

Oh phew, and I bet, they'll make up for the losses we've all taken since then right?

.. right?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Have ceo wages gone up that much its affecting the annual wage figures?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Do you have details?

he's pretty transphobic (though not a TERF in any meaningful sense), for instance: https://youtu.be/Uo-kRc6-pqI?t=246

important to note that he's a jordan peterson fanboy too lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8IaWnsbCE4

TheLoneAmigo
Jan 3, 2013

freebooter posted:

I feel that being the former national secretary of a political party is relevant information when you're being interviewed about politics?

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

TheLoneAmigo posted:

I feel that being the former national secretary of a political party is relevant information when you're being interviewed about politics?

META is to complain about anything that is critical of your team, no matter the circumstances.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

lih posted:

he's pretty transphobic (though not a TERF in any meaningful sense), for instance: https://youtu.be/Uo-kRc6-pqI?t=246

important to note that he's a jordan peterson fanboy too lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8IaWnsbCE4

drat. My 50yo brother loves Jordan Peterson right down to mimicking his mannerisms. A loving 50yo...

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Anyone who doesn't give us a public holiday if the Matilda's win is a BUM

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Captain Theron posted:

Holy poo poo that's bad.

Stuart Littlemore must be rolling in his grave.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Holy poo poo that's bad.

Stuart Littlemore must be rolling in his grave.

Yeah, it's pretty poo poo. There's been more recent stuff, but I haven't watched it in a long time. I do remember this though, where they went after the loving AIDS council awarding the ABC for being a good workplace for queer people. Being trans and existing is too political, obviously.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

SecretOfSteel posted:

drat. My 50yo brother loves Jordan Peterson right down to mimicking his mannerisms. A loving 50yo...

how does a 50yo at mra kermit

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tbh its amazing that the abc has managed to makr a show so incredibly bad that people across all political lines can come together to agree that qna is basically a form of intellectual torture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

freebooter posted:

that wasn't even the worst thing on that episode: