Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

I have no idea why the move is named after a Chinese Olympic synchronized swimmer.

Maybe it's that thing where spells/skills in games are given foreign-sounding names to sound cool, but to those in-the-know it's a little underwhelming.

so it's a probe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I don't know poo poo about mmos, do people really have numbers on their hotbar for pwning trolls and noobs that are different from grind usage

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Appoda posted:

I don't know poo poo about mmos, do people really have numbers on their hotbar for pwning trolls and noobs that are different from grind usage

No, but ABCD Online or whatever it's called also lets you choose to play it as an action game or as JRPG or whatever so it's not exactly a normal grindfest MMORPG

edit: ACBC Online

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Appoda posted:

Age of Wushu had an attack that let players puke wine on opponents to get them drunk. It was amazing for stream sniping.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Plus certain features removed from Space Station 13..

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah I've never encountered an MMO that gives moderation powers to guild leaders, other than of course the controls they have over guild membership. When I first saw that attack on big sis I figured this was a more old school MMO like Lineage that has full PvP between all players, but apparently it's just the guild leader who can do it in ACBC? I don't think there's a real life example of a game that works like this, outside of small niche things like certain MUDs or something.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Daigo parry incoming

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Accidentally read this one western style.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

hydroceramics posted:

lmao, fighting games should have fakeout KOs

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
dam is right

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lmao, fighting games should have fakeout KOs

I just assumed it was a MK fatality or whatever where after you win you're given the opportunity to hoof your opponents in the gut again for good measure.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dam mains rise up

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sam vs Dam - Battle of the Century.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hydroceramics posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUckrbYoQuY

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I can't believe I had to watch a seven second ad for this.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

kiminewt posted:

I can't believe I had to watch a seven second ad for this.

Official plant monster life hack: if on the phone, open youtube links in the browser, not the app and if you refresh it'll skip the ad. This will become second nature. Does not work on irl ads.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Ublock origin also still adblocks youtube on mobile, at least in firefox.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
If you're a huge nerd, it may pay off to use youtube revanced which is a "patched" youtube app that disables ads and does some other convenient stuff too. Though of course it's also a bit of a security risk given it's code from the internet. Also its installation isn't very straightforward. But it seems to work!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 99

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I hope the next panel shows NEET got the two characters confused.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

kiminewt posted:

I hope the next panel shows NEET got the two characters confused.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Nah she was just going easy on him instead of flattening him instantly because she wanted to see what he's got

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Devils Affricate posted:

Nah she was just going easy on him instead of flattening him instantly because she wanted to see what he's got

She also went easy on Tohru, he's just that bad.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Blaze Dragon posted:

To be fair that was probably his first time playing that game, he didn't even appear to know the controls

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I went ahead and changed the name of the move in the previous comic to "Shotaytay". I'm pretty sure it's not a reference to an obscure Olympian, and this is more in line with how the katakana sounds, ショーテイテイ, shou tei tei. I think it's just a silly word the author came up with that sounds sorta similar to how the Chinese name 蒋婷婷 "Jiang Tingting" gets Japanified if you go with Japanese pronunciation of the characters.

I guess sometimes you should resist the urge to use Google. :shrug:

Sorry for the confusion.

クソゲー

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
kusoge!

Miles Blundell
May 7, 2023

by Pragmatica
drat they made tohru a fuckin IK

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hes went milquetoast with power

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Space Kablooey posted:

Looking forward to the upcoming milk and toast arc, with digressions about lactose intolerance and yeast vs. yeets

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gamer NEET has officially become the lowest form of life

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Space Kablooey posted:

Lol

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think she did though? When she realized it was his first time playing, she got annoyed and decided to just destroy him.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

If this is turning into an in-world MMORPG saga I'm so in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol I'm just ready for Gorou to get caught. gently caress that fictional guy.