Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DeepDickPizza posted:

Checked the results and apparently this one ended in a double countout, so now they're doing a cage match. :laffo:

Trish worked half the match with the mask still on and Vince wants her to be hot for the entirety of the blowoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i was there live for it, great match. soon after the speaking out stuff came out and i never went to an OTT show again

Same. Sad times. had a great five years and then it all got spoiled.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Von Linus posted:

Same. Sad times. had a great five years and then it all got spoiled.

Feels like that scene is pretty much dead tbh. I've kept an eye on the cards since then but it always just looks like they're starting from scratch.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Feels like that scene is pretty much dead tbh. I've kept an eye on the cards since then but it always just looks like they're starting from scratch.

They lost momentum when everyone backed out, even the people that came back didn't have the same aura. Like, More Than Hype, 2/3 just left and they were probably the best of them. Rab left, dunno if he ever went back to it. Amy Allonsy too. I'm not sure if Scotty Davis stayed with them long term but he's another one that is tainted from #speakingout. Their current roster don't look as good and it's obvious what they lost.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Your friend Mark?

EDIT:

Checked the results and apparently this one ended in a double countout, so now they're doing a cage match. :laffo:

no my friend Jeff. he had some sweet free seats, 3rd row hard cam.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Becky has a new shirt with a lemon on it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

don't be a lemon, be a rosebud!

haha, remember that guy??

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/johnrclark12/status/1691303402054066176?s=20

lol
lmao

I saw someone say some of these sections are 4x - 6x the price from just 3 years ago. That dam inflation

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

forkboy84 posted:

Match he had with David Starr in OTTis probably the ***** match I am least likely to ever rewatch because both guys turned out to be loving awful even by wrestling standards.

oc v david starr in beyond is the match i fell in love w oc during so I feel ya

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol
lmao

I saw someone say some of these sections are 4x - 6x the price from just 3 years ago. That dam inflation

half the wrestlemania too really

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oh also yeah it was confirmed those are single night tickets lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

One time in 2017 I went to work a CZW show and bought David Starr and Marty Scurll shirts while I was there.

:smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol
lmao

Its not inflation its ticket sellers seeing the prices scalpers charge and deciding to charge that themselves on the on sale date. And if it doesn't sell out than they start cutting prices

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

10,000 is an absolute mad price

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/d7ogclzmjmy.mp4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol
lmao

I think when I went in Orlando, I paid like $300 for tickets that are now $500. From seeing the seating chart, if you're not paying 4 figures you're watching the whole show on the screens.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Time to blame WWE for inflation :rolleyes:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cheers, I was trying to remember what variety of abuser he was.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Folks are booking so that Vince will turn on the TV in a post-surgery haze, see a main event with JD McDonagh vs Johnny Gargano, and immediately die from a simultaneous heart attack/brain aneurysm

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Some sad fools will pay $900 (+service fee) for a 30th row floor seat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

One time in 2017 I went to work a CZW show and bought David Starr and Marty Scurll shirts while I was there.

:smith:

jeeeeeeez thats absolutely cursed

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Godamn wonder if they’re gonna hit a wall with those ticket prices. That poo poo is dire. Love to spend 40 bucks to live stream the show in person.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

shiksa posted:

jeeeeeeez thats absolutely cursed

It's simultaneously one of my favorite trips I've taken and one of the most hilariously cursed experiences I may ever have for reasons not worth disclosing publicly but suffice to say It Gets Worse. Talk about bad luck.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol
lmao

I see this and I think of the dudes I see on the front row of every single ppv/premium live event or whatever show I catch on Peacock and I'm forced to reckon with the reality that these people don't only have all the time in the world but also they must be wealthy beyond measure.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I told my wife they were selling front row tickets for wreslemania for $10,000 for one night. Her response was an indignant "there's more than one night?!"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I just know there’s a fed stan out there who is disappointed that they’ve been priced out of live events but thinks it’s a good thing because the company will grow its profit margins year over year

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i mean at some point through the saudi deal they probably realized its more effort to get $200 from 100 people than $20,000 from long haired guy with mom/wife

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s like. I can understand buying 400 dollar tickets. It’s pricey but I can see it as a hey it’s a special occasion why not splurge kind of thing. The moment you get above 1000 I’m not even sure what’s happening anymore. 10 grand for one ticket?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If I'm spending a grand for Mania tickets I better get to decide what weapon Solo hits Cody with before he loses to Roman.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 15, 2023

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kinda shocked Tony Khan was apparently one out of the five people who ever visited the wrestling section of a video store.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I guess Lacey evans was let go? Maybe?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Funny if true, gently caress her and her dipshit beliefs

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Best part of this was finding out her real name is Macey

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Does she think she's going to get huge million dollar offers from AEW or is she just gunning to join fox news as a grifter

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lumbermouth posted:

Best part of this was finding out her real name is Macey

Christ. Lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Tampa Bae posted:

Does she think she's going to get huge million dollar offers from AEW or is she just gunning to join fox news as a grifter

You are thinking too big, friend!

She is going to be Tyrus's new valet in NWA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I guess Lacey evans was let go? Maybe?

Sounds like a release request got granted but yeah she's gone either way