Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wondering if the nonstop legal bills will have a serious impact. Does he have three different teams for the three cases? I know an evil billionaire donor could pay them but hoping it slows down his ads or ground game or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm just picturing Jenna Ellis sobbing, wine-drunk, Tweeting, while belting out Jesus Take The Wheel at the top of her lungs and it's even funnier.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm just picturing Jenna Ellis sobbing, wine-drunk, Tweeting, while belting out Jesus Take The Wheel at the top of her lungs and it's even funnier.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wondering if the nonstop legal bills will have a serious impact. Does he have three different teams for the three cases? I know an evil billionaire donor could pay them but hoping it slows down his ads or ground game or whatever.

At one point, Donnie's PAC had $100m. He still has lots of small donors available, but that number was recently down to $4m primarily due to legal costs. He even had to pull back a $60m cash transfer to a SuperPAC that he intended to use on ads and stuff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/31/us/politics/trump-pac-filing.html

Since Donnie is adamant about not using his own money for stuff like this, he's basically raiding every campaign fund he can touch. That also has second-order effects, as he's not exactly raising money for other Republicans even when he says he is.

And those other indictees aren't exactly rich and lol if you think Donnie is going to pay their costs. Though also lol if he pays just to prevent them flipping.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

He likely has an endless pool of money to grift from I reckon

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

That Works posted:

He likely has an endless pool of money to grift from I reckon

If he stops saying the quiet part out loud, which lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Coasterphreak posted:

If he stops saying the quiet part out loud, which lol

The money comes from people who want him to say the quiet part real loud.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm guessing Real Americans who know the election was stolen won't give a drat about him saying the quiet part loud at this stage and will give him money.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

stealie72 posted:

Ever since Mark Hammill did it, I can't NOT hear donny's dumb loving tweets/truths/turds in the voice of the Joker. It makes reading all these dumb things much more fun.

Andy Serkis made me read them in the Smeagol/Gollum voice forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqKnInZovI

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm surprised I haven't heard of any protests/demonstrations following the indictment announcement. Weren't they setting up barricades and what not in anticipation of that?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

At one point, Donnie's PAC had $100m. He still has lots of small donors available, but that number was recently down to $4m primarily due to legal costs. He even had to pull back a $60m cash transfer to a SuperPAC that he intended to use on ads and stuff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/31/us/politics/trump-pac-filing.html

Since Donnie is adamant about not using his own money for stuff like this, he's basically raiding every campaign fund he can touch. That also has second-order effects, as he's not exactly raising money for other Republicans even when he says he is.

And those other indictees aren't exactly rich and lol if you think Donnie is going to pay their costs. Though also lol if he pays just to prevent them flipping.

Ah makes sense. Also hoping the quality of lawyers he gets pad every bill to speed run draining his coffers. Hoping they don’t coordinate so the defense presented under oath at one trial wrecks his defense in another venue.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ASAPI posted:

I'm surprised I haven't heard of any protests/demonstrations following the indictment announcement. Weren't they setting up barricades and what not in anticipation of that?

The sort of people who would protest this are the exact sort of cowards that will only do so until they meet even the most breezy of opposition.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

The sort of people who would protest this are the exact sort of cowards that will only do so until they meet even the most breezy of opposition.
And sometimes that opposition is high humidity and lack of a breeze.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

One of them got themselves smoked by feds last week

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
J6 happened because there was a big event to stop, Donnie encouraged them to show up, law enforcement (possibly deliberately) had their pants down, and they all thought they were going to win and wouldn't have consequences.

With a bazillion indictments of insurrectionists, plus the ringleaders finally getting indicted, who wants to show up to a heavily fortified photo op? There's nothing to stop, Donnie's barely encouraging them, LEOs got their poo poo together, and there's consequences for loving around.

That's why it was so important to get every drat j6er identified and ringleaders indicted. The indictments created their own deterrent, basically.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Reminder that more than 1,000 people have been charged re: Jan. 6th.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah, the Republican base has literally been fed CIVIL WAR?!? about every little thing for years and it's lost it's sting now that there's consequences for failure. The chuddy base is always yelling about insurrection again, then warning that there are glowing FBI agents at every big protest now. Example:

https://twitter.com/AGHamilton29/status/1691420907124727808?t=MesqmuiFOi7IrXOeAydwbA&s=19

And to spoil the click-through surprise, Tim Pool is currently complaining that Elon isn't giving Tim his payout for tweeting CIVIL WAR?!? at every news event.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Every channel for communication these chuds are on is screaming about civil war and how somebody should go do something about it. The big difference now is that every attempt at organizing it used to be met with circle jerking each other over getting to kill and punish their enemies and how covered in glory they would all be for fighting the perfidious jew swarthy invader liberals. Now a thousand or so of them have gotten around to the finding out phase and those channels are responding to attempts to coordinate with "YOU'RE A FED! OH YEAH, WELL YOU'RE A GLOWIE!"

So the individual mass shooters will continue to have the kettle's heat turned up on them until they go popcorn, but there's going to be a really hard time organizing large scale stuff when everyone's jumping at shadows.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
even joe rogan fans look down on tim pool fans which is hilarious. I'm sure there's tons of overlap obviously but still it's very funny

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Taking the most paranoid section of the population and making them even more paranoid about something that is probably inaccurate yet enough to keep them home is extremely :ironicat:.

"AH BELIEVE THE ELECTION WAS DONE STOLLEN...BUT IF WE DO SOMETHIN', IT'S GUNNA BE CRAWLIN' WITH FEDER'LS!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Holy poo poo literally their only video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What's the glowie thing? Some sorta sensing of auras?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Soul Dentist posted:

What's the glowie thing? Some sorta sensing of auras?

permutation of "fbi agents glow in the dark". glowie = fed

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Kith posted:

permutation of "fbi agents glow in the dark". glowie = fed

Most famously used by some right wing racist rear end in a top hat on YouTube I don't care enough about to justify with his name, wherein he used the phrase and a hard-R to refer to federal agents that were gang stalking him "at night" so he could see them or whatever bullshit he made up for false martyr points.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Trump's Georgia attorney represents rappers, once got Cardi B's felony reduced to a misdemeanor, and hates him.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It also implies blame or involvement from the US.

A video debunking a conspiracy theory or something fringe can get called glowie if it strikes a nerve with the x-files brained.

E: I remember some unpublished 9-11 video surfaced when Ukraine was getting invaded, and the related videos included a lot of random unclassified test video the YouTube algorithm pushed, and comments were all peppered with glowie comments.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 15, 2023

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump's Georgia attorney represents rappers, once got Cardi B's felony reduced to a misdemeanor, and hates him.

Here's a decent Vice article on him

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Trump will try for mistrial.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

With him just slamming his fat fists on the table screaming 'Mistrial, Mistrial' over and over again.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Wasabi the J posted:

What will that get him? Stall for a couple months?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

joat mon posted:

Delaying, whataboutisms, and ad hominems are the sum total of this defensive playbook.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

joat mon posted:

He’s hoping for a stall until inauguration.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

In a sign of hopefully things to come, Chris Christie has passed DeSantis for second in New Hampshire.

It still seems a foregone conclusion that :smugdon: will win the GOP, but it could be interesting if the race for second somehow becomes the race for the lead.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Most famously used by some right wing racist rear end in a top hat on YouTube I don't care enough about to justify with his name, wherein he used the phrase and a hard-R to refer to federal agents that were gang stalking him "at night" so he could see them or whatever bullshit he made up for false martyr points.

I vaguely think I remember this being something that can be connected to the (late) TempleOS guy but I don't want to cause an irreparable cataclysm in my google search results by confirming this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kazinsal posted:

I vaguely think I remember this being something that can be connected to the (late) TempleOS guy but I don't want to cause an irreparable cataclysm in my google search results by confirming this.

it is

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I just remember that guy because he got permabanned from pretty much every hobby OS development website known to man, as well as several accounts here on SA and even so far as to be shadowbanned from Hacker News, a website that is known for being such a right-libertarian proto-techbro paradise that getting banned there is almost impossible

Then he got hit by a train

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://x.com/jimmweber/status/1691439314326933505?s=46&t=SkW94bDM2QmmLP6FBxgJMw

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I haven't heard the saga of the TempleOS guy. That sounds like some serious brainworms

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

I haven't heard the saga of the TempleOS guy. That sounds like some serious brainworms

It's more sad than anything else, dude was extremely mentally ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

It's more sad than anything else, dude was extremely mentally ill

Yeah. Diagnosed, institutionalized periodically schizophrenic. It's sad and even more tragic that people who are just assholes picked up on his crazy thing and spread it.