Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What the gently caress is this filth??

https://twitter.com/nfl_jersey_num/status/1691218040761864192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

They don't have any available QB numbers until cuts.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

They were out of zeros so they just took two Ds and did... that.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Hope his actual jersey isn't that bad, otherwise it means even the equipment guys already know he's getting cut

BRIDGEW A TER

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
what a terrible font, detroit earned it's place as the worst franchise

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

Motorcycle crash I guess. poo poo sucks

I usually think it's in bad taste to say how someone died or to ask but considering how many instant "vaxxx?" comments popped up on twitter the second the news came out it's pretty important to mention this just to own those dumbfucks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Don't loving drive motorcycles. They are bad. I just happened upon a funeral for a 18 year old kid who died on a motorcycle last week. They are also loud and obnoxious.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“Arm in a bag” the other night was from a motorcycle wreck.

With one exception all the worst things I’ve seen in the ER were motorcycles.

The worst was an RV over a cliff

Nov 6, 2002

If I lived in Europe I would totally get a rad bike. But in North America it basically seems like a ticking time bomb until you get into a serious accident if you ride regularly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Don't loving drive motorcycles. They are bad.

quote:

They are also loud and obnoxious.

Well they're death machines, but they aren't all bad.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

They just measured his hog and went with that number.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

driving in la was an eye-opener when it comes to motorcycles. people just weaving in and out of stalled traffic at like 40mph. and i saw it like 10x in five days. felt like it was totally accepted behavior.

how on earth is it legal? possibly the most dangerous thing i've seen on the road, for all involved. bonkers stuff.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

driving in la was an eye-opener when it comes to motorcycles. people just weaving in and out of stalled traffic at like 40mph. and i saw it like 10x in five days. felt like it was totally accepted behavior.

how on earth is it legal? possibly the most dangerous thing i've seen on the road, for all involved. bonkers stuff.

it's not legal, but in stalled traffic what's a cop car gonna do?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

seems easy enough to photograph the license plate somehow. they warn you about how many cameras there are all over that godforsaken highway infrastructure. use it!

Nov 6, 2002

Lane splitting is only explicitly illegal in about 30 states. Legal in CA.

quote:

California recommends only splitting lanes when traffic is slow and you keep your speed within 10 mph of surrounding traffic. You can still be pulled over for dangerous riding at a police officer’s discretion.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm not sure it's strictly a US-centric issue but there are lots of idiots who find driving dangerously a fun and thrilling thing to do.

I'm with IPS if I lived in Rome or whatever and only needed to drive like 25mph, sure whatever, but I've had a uncle Darwin himself on a motorcycle when I was a kid because he refused to wear a helmet. Wasn't even driving fast.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

yeah those MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE stickers make me eyeroll. Please be constantly vigilant out of consideration for our safety, say the people driving around like they're in GTA V.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Docjowles posted:

yeah those MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE stickers make me eyeroll. Please be constantly vigilant out of consideration for our safety, say the people driving around like they're in GTA V.

This is a really lovely attitude. Some motorcyclists are dumb assholes but plenty of them are just people trying to enjoy their hobby safely and not wanting to get flattened by an inattentive driver is a pretty reasonable ask.

Riding a motorcycle is a great way to get very attuned very quickly to how many people on the road are paying the bare minimum of attention, and often even less, as they hurtle along at 80mph in their massive SUV.

Nov 6, 2002

From what I gather, in Western Europe you're about 4x more likely to get into an accident on a bike than in a car. In the good old US of A that number is 28x!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Docjowles posted:

Plenty of people who drive motorcycles safely and legally get creamed because Karen in her Escalade bombs across 4 lanes of traffic to catch her exit at the last second

You should also be constantly vigilant in your car anyway, because it’s a 2-ton death machine for anything not also surrounded by 2-tons of steel

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Docjowles posted:

Are we talking about car drivers here or motorcyclists? The amount of reckless behavior I see from car drivers is pretty stunning.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's assholes that drive cars, there's assholes that drive motorcycles, there's assholes that drive both, and there's even assholes that drive neither.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Well apparently that came across real bad. I am in no way calling for motorcyclists to die. I fully agree that most people are awful drivers in any vehicle and you should be constantly paying attention.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The average weight of a bike is something like 1/10 to 1/15 the weight of your typical SUV or micro-bed "truck". The forces at play are wildly disproportionate in favor of the moving metal cage.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The best antidote against wanting to ride a motorcycle for anyone rational is spending time near the Sturgis rally. Even setting aside the “culture,” if you live anywhere near there, it’s nearly constant sirens from crashes, injuries, and fatalities for a week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I saw a speeding motorcycle slam into the back of a flatbed truck on the connector in Atlanta. It was one of those moments where traffic comes to a complete stop out of nowhere and he didn’t react in time. He was with a group of other riders who were all speeding; he was just less observant. It happened about ten feet from me.

The motorcycle basically vanished in a cloud of dust. It was bizarre. Not like it broke apart, just there one second gone the next.

Driver was thrown three cars up and dragged by a truck. His gun went off and shot him in the thigh. He was mostly fine though.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FizFashizzle posted:

I saw a speeding motorcycle slam into the back of a flatbed truck on the connector in Atlanta. It was one of those moments where traffic comes to a complete stop out of nowhere and he didn’t react in time. He was with a group of other riders who were all speeding; he was just less observant. It happened about ten feet from me.

The motorcycle basically vanished in a cloud of dust. It was bizarre. Not like it broke apart, just there one second gone the next.

Driver was thrown three cars up and dragged by a truck. His gun went off and shot him in the thigh. He was mostly fine though.

That would be a hell if a thing to be killed by a gun shot to the femoral during a motorcycle wreck

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Being in Miami for Spring Break gave me the opportunity to see a lot of fearless drivers on bikes.

Seeing them mixed with the other bad drivers of Miami in cars and well I totally believe that 28x more likely to die figure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well this rear end in a top hat drives nothing but my morning coffee and bathroom routine

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This is a really lovely attitude. Some motorcyclists are dumb assholes but plenty of them are just people trying to enjoy their hobby safely and not wanting to get flattened by an inattentive driver is a pretty reasonable ask.

Riding a motorcycle is a great way to get very attuned very quickly to how many people on the road are paying the bare minimum of attention, and often even less, as they hurtle along at 80mph in their massive SUV.

This but you notice it even more when cycling

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

bicyclists in packs are way worse than motorcyclists in gangs...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I actually wonder if all cars become automated if that would make motorcycling a lot safer. I feel like it's the unpredictability of dumbasses with free control of a death machine that's the root cause. Once they are all automated and coordinated and it eliminates traffic jams and traffic accidents we'll look back at this time as simply unbelievable that just anyone was allowed to decide when and where to turn the wheel into oncoming traffic.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

And yet both Ben Roethlisberger and Kellen Winslow, Jr. survived their motorcycle accidents

:geno:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

kiimo posted:

I actually wonder if all cars become automated if that would make motorcycling a lot safer. I feel like it's the unpredictability of dumbasses with free control of a death machine that's the root cause. Once they are all automated and coordinated and it eliminates traffic jams and traffic accidents we'll look back at this time as simply unbelievable that just anyone was allowed to decide when and where to turn the wheel into oncoming traffic.

That's a fake thing that is never going to happen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's definitely going to happen eventually just maybe not soon

Nov 6, 2002

Not in our lifetime.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

The average weight of a bike is something like 1/10 to 1/15 the weight of your typical SUV or micro-bed "truck". The forces at play are wildly disproportionate in favor of the moving metal cage.

Hot Diggity! posted:

This but you notice it even more when cycling

Was out on a ride over the weekend with a few friends including one pretty serious triathlete, who chided me for yielding right of way to a car when I didn't need to. Buddy I only need to make one wrong assumption about right of way while biking for my life to be ruined, I'm going to play it safe as often as possible.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sure man, we're also going to solve global warming and colonize Mars.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Not in our lifetime.

I probably only have 20 years left so you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Was out on a ride over the weekend with a few friends including one pretty serious triathlete, who chided me for yielding right of way to a car when I didn't need to. Buddy I only need to make one wrong assumption about right of way while biking for my life to be ruined, I'm going to play it safe as often as possible.

Yep, doesn’t matter if you had the right of way if you’re dead